Roleplay storylines

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Roleplay storylines

Post by Pelican » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 am

What are some storylines you've had in your roleplaying on WolfQuest? Whether its realistic or not. And sorry if this is a duplicate topic, if it is, mods please lock.

Bloodstar
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Roleplay storylines

Post by Bloodstar » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:31 am

Hmm, most of the roleplay storylines I've been involved in have to do with lone wolves finding each other and forming a pack. I've been in a demon wolf RP as well.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:57 pm

• Bloodstar pretty much stole the cake with that first one about lone wolves meeting and forming a pack, but I have also done Pack Central role-plays that really didn't have an actual plot; they consisted of the pck members who could make it role-playing their characters chillin and hunting together :P.

Any really unique ones out there?

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:12 pm

As my art teacher says, there really isn't a truely "unique" idea. Its all based off of other books, ideas, stories, etc. Its impossible to come up with a truely unique idea.

As for plots, I prefer fantasy. Its easier to let your freedom roam.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:42 pm

I also prefer fantasy.
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

av/sig: alethe

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:52 pm

In previous years, I've found myself participating in some pretty fun and creative storylines such as pack rivalries between all MP players, natural disaster, sickness, and some more fantasy based roleplays. It's not all about the main base idea (such as the ones I have listed) and rather, it's the creative writing of the players involved! I love when users throw in original ideas that I haven't seen before, on top of everything else.

There have definitely been the instances where storylines fall into the usual loner - pack theme (as mentioned above), but it's a good change when you get some other creative ideas worked out into a storyline.
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:12 pm

river6 wrote:As my art teacher says, there really isn't a truely "unique" idea. Its all based off of other books, ideas, stories, etc. Its impossible to come up with a truely unique idea.
    • Good point River6! I've heard of that theroy from some video called Everything is a Remix.

If all else fails in roleplay, I just hunt :P!

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:49 pm

river6 wrote:As my art teacher says, there really isn't a truely "unique" idea. Its all based off of other books, ideas, stories, etc. Its impossible to come up with a truely unique idea.

I think there are truly unique ideas. Because not everything is based off of books, stories and such, like the design of my character Diamond, it just randomly popped up in my head for no reason at night. And even if some things are based on stories and stuff, theres still uniqueness if its loosely based.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Pelican wrote:

I think there are truly unique ideas. Because not everything is based off of books, stories and such, like the design of my character Diamond, it just randomly popped up in my head for no reason at night. And even if some things are based on stories and stuff, theres still uniqueness if its loosely based.
Not.. really.

Like it or not, everything you make is inspired by something else, loosely or not. I've come up with entire story ideas only to find that they were exactly like a book I read a year ago. I didn't realize it until I picked up the book again. Still uniqueness, yes, but to say that you came up with an idea all by yourself is a bit too much. Everything is based off of something you've seen, listened to, or read. Everything an author or artist has done is based off of something else, even if it is loosely based. A "truely unique" idea would imply that you came up with it without ever interacting with your surroundings at all, which isn't possible. Your mind can't just poof something out of the blue; it needs inspiration to do so.

It could be an incredibly unique story idea, such as the Lord of the Rings series. Basically, it invented modern fantasy. But most of the creatures in there aren't from the author's imagination (except, I believe, Hobbits); they are based off of tales from before the book. Those tales are based off of what people saw in order to come up with explination for natural phenomenon.

I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:54 am

river6 wrote:
Pelican wrote:

Not.. really.

Like it or not, everything you make is inspired by something else, loosely or not. I've come up with entire story ideas only to find that they were exactly like a book I read a year ago. I didn't realize it until I picked up the book again. Still uniqueness, yes, but to say that you came up with an idea all by yourself is a bit too much. Everything is based off of something you've seen, listened to, or read. Everything an author or artist has done is based off of something else, even if it is loosely based. A "truely unique" idea would imply that you came up with it without ever interacting with your surroundings at all, which isn't possible. Your mind can't just poof something out of the blue; it needs inspiration to do so.

It could be an incredibly unique story idea, such as the Lord of the Rings series. Basically, it invented modern fantasy. But most of the creatures in there aren't from the author's imagination (except, I believe, Hobbits); they are based off of tales from before the book. Those tales are based off of what people saw in order to come up with explination for natural phenomenon.

...Well that's not my idea of a "truly unique" idea so I guess we're even.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:26 pm

• I'm going to steer this topic back on track by changing unique to creative, mmkay :wink: ? Everyone can have an opinion, but this is not the topic for discussing the theroy of originality.

Carry on!

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am

I had a storyline where my main character got trapped in a room full of cages with other animals and she had to free them and herself.

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 pm

I usually just join RPs, but when I make a game with a plot, here it is:
A pack named Creek Pack surviving bitter winters and summers. And, of course, rival packs and bears. Simple, eh?

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:57 am

I haven't roleplayed in quite a few months now, but I've participated in a few Pack Central packs' storylines over the years. On the game itself, I was usually involved in semi-realistic casual roleplays; your typical wolf actions and such with a bit of humanisation, but I've tried everything from realistic to unbelievably unrealistic. I must admit, some of the RPs I've taken part in have gotten pretty enthralling, however, as with anything, you do get the good, bad and just plain ugly.
raise 'em on rhythm and blues

March 2011 UotM.

Icon -
WickedTrickster

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:53 pm

My rps are usually over the top unrealistic, but with realism thrown in some places.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”