Do you think we should take action about WQ?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Will you help this cause?

Of course! I want to keep the game alive!
69%
No, I don't care... (why...? WHY...?!)
15%
I'll stalk the page for now.
15%

Total votes: 26

little pup 2
Pup
Pup

Do you think we should take action about WQ?

Post by little pup 2 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:39 pm

The idea is, we get this game back into the world! :D
I realize this game has been getting a little less well known than in the good old days.
This game is beautifully crafted, and thought through. (with those glitch exceptions :roll: ) But seriously, nobody in my life can name my favorite video game. (wolf quest) They haven't even heard of the game! (wolf quest)
I think we should do a little extra something to boost WQ's popularity. For example, we spread word by mouth, wear their T-shirts, Mention them in off topic sections on other websites. But remember to follow all rules, here and on other websites. So if they say no advertising. NO ADVERTISING!
Lets admit it, we all know wolf quest needs a little boost. We all own a T-shirt too. Would it hurt to wear that shirt more frequently, to give a little hint about it on another website, to say "hey you should try this game I found called wolf quest!", to buy some merchandise to support multiplayer?
Trust me or not, multiplayer servers are running on your donations, :shock: and if sales stop so does multiplayer. More people will donate if more people know about the game.
So do you think we should take action? Give wolf quest an el boost? (Cheers to whoever gets that reference!) In other words, should we care about the game we love?
Last edited by little pup 2 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Shallow Creek Pack Story
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74777

95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP!!!

Chumpkins_
Name:

Re: Do you think we should take action about WQ?

Post by Chumpkins_ » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:16 pm

I don't think wolfquest takes donations anymore.
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

av/sig: alethe

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Silver is correct, WQ does not take donations anymore. The game is dead.

I believe this topic should also go in the General WolfQuest Discussion.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : lupe

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Mon May 12, 2014 6:54 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:WolfQuest Store and Donations: the WolfQuest store will continue to remain open with clearance sale prices and the current stock of inventory. Once items sell out, they will not be replaced, and all proceeds will go to the Minnesota Zoo. Because we will no longer be offering game updates, we have also stopped accepting donations for WolfQuest. If you’d like to donate to a worthwhile organization, we recommend looking into wolf and other wildlife education and conservation organizations.
little pup 2, you can find the source here for more information about the donations and game.

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=70242

As for Silver and river replying to your topic, it is true, WQ is no longer accepting donations as they have stopped updating the game, which would soon mean that the game will eventually be gone. Please review the WQ News & Announcements to check on any upcoming news!
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am

How did I miss this thread? >_<
  • ⋆ Moved to General WolfQuest Discussion ⋆

The problem isn't that it's impossible to find funding, the problem is that Minnesota Zoo isn't actively seeking funding resources for the game any more; they aren't interested in continuing with the project. Eduweb is funding the app themselves. There may still be a future for the project even if it's not an immediate 'resurrection'.
loboLoco wrote:We are funding this ourselves, based on the belief that we can recoup our investment through app sales. It's a risk, but we just didn't want to let WolfQuest fade away.
loboLoco wrote:We're very excited about reviving the game and (hopefully) setting it back on a path of active development.

Hopefully, Eduweb can pull WolfQuest through its current state and revitalise the project.
Send help to the UK.
A clown has taken control.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Fri May 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Yeah true WolfQuest is not accepting donations anymore, but I think it would be cool to spread the word. I would tell the warrior cats forums but apparently the word "WolfQuest" is an outside link to them and they don't allow those ._. But there are still other websites that can be told about this game. And we can tell people in real life too. The more people playing wolfquest the better, even if its having trouble with funding.

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Fri May 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Since WolfQuest stopped donations, let's just say, as previously stated, we can't put money into this...
But, if you still go to school, may it be elementary school, middle school, high school, even college, maybe you can just tell your friends to get WolfQuest and to spread the word.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Fri May 30, 2014 7:51 pm

• The situation may not be as dire as it seemed a couple of months ago little pup 2 :) . Do follow nightangelwolf's link she provided above if you have the time! Buying the game when it comes out on one of the devices the future tablet version of WQ will be able to support is the best thing you can do for the WQ project right now.

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Fri May 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Not sure if this is true but I also heard that google sends wq a little bit of money when we click on the adds?
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

av/sig: alethe

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Sat May 31, 2014 7:29 am

SilverFang2014 wrote:Not sure if this is true but I also heard that google sends wq a little bit of money when we click on the adds?
Believe it or not, it's true. Get clicking!

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

Keytone
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Keytone » Sat May 31, 2014 7:31 am

Derp-Bacon wrote:
SilverFang2014 wrote:Not sure if this is true but I also heard that google sends wq a little bit of money when we click on the adds?
Believe it or not, it's true. Get clicking!
Oh, I didn't know this! I'll get to it, then. Thanks for letting us know.
-
Icon - Riceboy

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Please don't click on the Google ads just to support WQ. That's considered fraud and could get our Googlr Ad account canceled! :|
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:05 pm

loboLoco wrote:Please don't click on the Google ads just to support WQ. That's considered fraud and could get our Googlr Ad account canceled! :|
  • I didn't know that Dave, but it makes sense. Its just weird to suddenly realize how the validity of WQ's deal with Google depends on the ability of the community to honour it! Thanks for pointing this out. I'm sure we'll be safe; I don't think many users even knew that the ads generated a small sum for the project in the first place.

little pup 2
Pup
Pup

Post by little pup 2 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:37 am

Okay, I do realize that WQ is no longer taking donations, but really, can we just support the game? I watch a show called Danny Phantom, and that show is going away. Fast. But, producers say they only make shows people love, and watch A LOT. So, people are literally sending their own money, and notes saying to keep the show, to teennick studios. I personally gave my own $50 to keep the show. So why couldn't enough people recognize WQ, and convince the studio to keep going? I don't know, but thats my theory. I am also willing to donate $20 to WQ. For free, no gifts or anything. Sadly yes, they are no longer taking donations. But just... Can I please just get some help to convince them to, please, continue doing their job. Some people say they have no programmers and designers, and this is also true. Do you know why they can't hire workers? They aren't taking donations, and not getting money because of it.

I have an idea however, and this probably should be a new thread, but its worth a mention here. If WQ made the game better then ever, and sacrificed lots of money, they could... Charge money for the game. I know the games main goal was to be free, but can it go on like this? Even the app that is maybe, probably, hopefully, coming out is going to charge money. So, if we gave them donations now, couldn't they do this? Just a thing to calm the constant "WQ isn't accepting donations" that happens to annoy me. Sorry if you posted one, you didn't know. :wink:

Lets keep the game going though! I hope!
The Shallow Creek Pack Story
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74777

95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP!!!

pickledham
Pup
Pup

Post by pickledham » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:14 pm

They have limitations. WolfQuest doesn't have the money to invest in a grand game, even if they would profit from it. I highly doubt Eduweb would fund such a project anyway. There's no where for the donations to go. The best thing you could do at this point in time is to tell people you know about WolfQuest, and encourage them to purchase the tablet version when it is released.
----------------------
trouble is a friend of mine

trolling existence since 1st millennium BC

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”