Do you think we should take action about WQ?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Will you help this cause?

Of course! I want to keep the game alive!
69%
No, I don't care... (why...? WHY...?!)
15%
I'll stalk the page for now.
15%

Total votes: 26

little pup 2
Pup
Pup

Re: Do you think we should take action about WQ?

Post by little pup 2 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Yes, I realize they don't have the funding to make another game. That is why we would donate to them, so they would make the game off of our donations. It is a silly idea however. WQ even said they don't have the staff and animators to do so. And about them not taking donations. I will shove my money into their hands, by buying the app. :P So please, I'm just asking them to make another game. Just, I hate the annoying "WQ isn't taking donations." So ya...
Last edited by little pup 2 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Shallow Creek Pack Story
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74777

95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP!!!

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:07 pm

little pup 2 wrote:Yes, I realize they don't have the funding to make another game. That is why we would donate to them, so they would make the game off of our donations. It is a silly idea however. WQ even said they don't have the staff and animators to do so.
WolfQuest Store and Donations: the WolfQuest store will continue to remain open with clearance sale prices and the current stock of inventory. Once items sell out, they will not be replaced, and all proceeds will go to the Minnesota Zoo. Because we will no longer be offering game updates, we have also stopped accepting donations for WolfQuest. If you’d like to donate to a worthwhile organization, we recommend looking into wolf and other wildlife education and conservation organizations.
Source: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=70242

Sadly, they are not accepting donations anymore. D:
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

pickledham
Pup
Pup

Post by pickledham » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:59 am

You're not donating by buying the tablet version. So you should probably give up on the donation idea, there's no way for it to work. Yeah, if they get enough money from the tablet version, they might be able to continue making games with the MN Zoo's permission. For that to happen however, they need a great deal of money. A lot of it will probably go to the forums, keeping the lexicon up, and paying staff to actually make the game.
----------------------
trouble is a friend of mine

trolling existence since 1st millennium BC

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:09 am

little pup 2 wrote:Yes, I realize they don't have the funding to make another game. That is why we would donate to them, so they would make the game off of our donations. It is a silly idea however. WQ even said they don't have the staff and animators to do so. And about them not taking donations. I will shove my money into their hands, by buying the app. :P So please, I'm just asking them to make another game. Just, I hate the annoying "WQ isn't taking donations." So ya...
Maybe you could use the money to help other wolf centers instead of trying to keep a game up. It'll help wolves more in the long run.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

pickledham
Pup
Pup

Post by pickledham » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:23 am

That's actually a good idea, River. If WolfQuest doesn't have the money to keep running the project, they could donate what's left of their resources to funding wolf centers. I hope WolfQuest has the money to stay up, but if they don't, they can still help educate people about wolves in the long run.
----------------------

MistyWolf10101
Pup
Pup

Post by MistyWolf10101 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:52 am

nightangelwolf wrote:How did I miss this thread? >_<
  • ⋆ Moved to General WolfQuest Discussion ⋆

The problem isn't that it's impossible to find funding, the problem is that Minnesota Zoo isn't actively seeking funding resources for the game any more; they aren't interested in continuing with the project. Eduweb is funding the app themselves. There may still be a future for the project even if it's not an immediate 'resurrection'.
loboLoco wrote:We are funding this ourselves, based on the belief that we can recoup our investment through app sales. It's a risk, but we just didn't want to let WolfQuest fade away.
loboLoco wrote:We're very excited about reviving the game and (hopefully) setting it back on a path of active development.

Hopefully, Eduweb can pull WolfQuest through its current state and revitalise the project.
I hope so.
.*¨*.¸.*¨ ¸.*¨¨*'.˛ ¨*'.˛.*¨*.

ƸӜƷ

м ι s т y

ƸӜƷ

.*¨*.¨*'.˛¨*'.˛ ¸.*¨¸.*¨.*¨*.

Av/Sig: river6/Emberflare

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:28 am

pickledham wrote:That's actually a good idea, River. If WolfQuest doesn't have the money to keep running the project, they could donate what's left of their resources to funding wolf centers. I hope WolfQuest has the money to stay up, but if they don't, they can still help educate people about wolves in the long run.
That, but I mean this mainly to people who want to donate to WQ just to keep the game up.

I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

little pup 2
Pup
Pup

Post by little pup 2 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Okay, i'm just done >.<

This is the IMPORTANT part of this.
Why can't we donate? About the "You should donate to a good cause," I already do take a good cause. For my birthday, I switch in between, but I ask for donations for an animal shelter, or I ask for money to donate to wildlife centers. I honestly ask, why can't we donate? People say Minnesota Zoo isn't SEEKING donations. True, they aren't looking for it... So yes, I give in... We can't do anything as far as donations. All we can do is buy the tablet version, and hope sales are high. But when it does, can we please SPREAD THE WORD?! That's the idea of this thread! To ask people to spread the world. I just don't like those annoying comments.

Thank you!

95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP!!!

pickledham
Pup
Pup

Post by pickledham » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:54 pm

That's what we've been saying all along. MN Zoo might not accept donations, but we can buy the tablet version and we can spread the word about WolfQuest. It's good that you've been donating to good causes. I applaud you on that.
Also, you should check out the Return of the Pack topic if you're interested in seeing the game continued.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72004
----------------------

little pup 2
Pup
Pup

Post by little pup 2 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:36 pm

I have always realized what you've tried to say, and I have tried to argue against it. But yes, I do give in. Thank you for the applaud, and THANK YOU FOR THE LINK. I really want the new game to be released. Thank you for that. Back on topic, thank you for spreading the word.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”