The moderators have concluded that the WolfQuest community still deserves a place to communicate their forum-related suggestions and their concerns to the Team on an official thread, just like the old forum suggestions topic provided users in the past. Keeping a line of open communication between community members and the Team is important in making WolfQuest an enjoyable place for everyone.
With that being said, here are some ground rules:
1. Suggestions made on this topic must be for the community forum, NOT the game. See the News & Announcements board for more information on the status of the WolfQuest project and games.
2. Follow the WQ forum rules (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20100) when posting, of course!
3. Forum modifications CAN be made. We previously limited requests and suggestions to things that the moderators or ordinary users have the power to do (creating new topics, locking topics, starting contests). As of January 2015, it is now possible to go beyond this limit (creating new or editing existing forums and creating new groups and ranks.) We cannot implement forum .MODs at this voluntary admin access level.
4. For a complete list of suggestions made in the past for the forum, check this topic: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44233. You may find an answer from us there already!
5. Questions? Ask away on this topic.
How to Make a Suggestion:
1. Post a suggestion to this topic. It can be an original idea, or an idea from one of the many user-made 'forum suggestion' topics floating around General WolfQuest Discussion. If it wasn't your idea originally, it is respectful to state where you quoted the idea from.
2. The mods or an admin will then proceed to post it into the list below, colored in white text.
3. Over time, the mods or admins will add a comment to the suggestion in a color, depending on their collective response to the suggestion. This might take some time, as none of us are online 24/7! We also consider the community's response to an idea in making a decision.
● = Added to the forums
● = In progress or under serious consideration
● = Denied; see comment for reason
● = Requires a phpBB MODification, Extension or otherwise not possible without a board upgrade
● = Does not require MODs, but still requires WolfQuest Team approval, input or attention
● = Suggestion has not been reviewed yet, but has been added to the list
- -- Mobile version of the forum (added, http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2272665 for details)
-- Unsticky and/or lock the Chat Lexicon thread (Both locked and unstickied for the time being: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... start=2430)
-- Open up the Photography board instead of monthly themes (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=75100)
-- WQ Coloring Page topic in User Artwork (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=75204)
-- Revive the magic word game (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76004)
-- Remove 'new' from the description of the Pack Central forum
-- Update & add to the FAQs
-- Remove inactive users from the moderator usergroup
-- Add "Team Members" to the usergroup legend
-- Clean up News & Announcements, create an archive forum for these threads that are a year or older (see next suggestion's comment.)
-- Clean-up locked topics/add locked topics to an archive forum (archives section has been added. this will be extended upon when necessary.)
-- A User Guides discussion topic (already exists: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72563)
-- Reinstate non-staff image tags in posts (Done. Please read this topic for more information: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76062 - Signatures TBD)
-- Allow WolfQuest-only images to be posted in the User Guides section in the same way as images are allowed in User Writings (see above)
-- WolfQuest Welcoming Committee (done)
-- Reinstate username changes (Reinstated: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=76066)
-- Bring back User of the Month (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 3#p2340353)
-- More admins (Volunteer: Neamara. More if needed?)
-- Former/Retired ranks for the appropriate staff usergroups and members (rank created and applied to former staff members)
-- New WQ statistics thread (users are free to do this by themselves)
-- More BBCode (added -- http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 7#p2339747)
-- Increase number of PM recipients (ideally to 5+) (done, http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 4#p2351044)
-- Prettier mobile version
-- Bump feature (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 0#p2355150)
-- Daily or weekly community updates (Members are more than welcome to run this themselves. http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 3#p2355553)
-- More programs, ex- the Newbie-Teacher Program (Members are more than welcome to run their own programs themselves.)
-- Increase the character limit for signatures (Current limit: 255) (Capacity increased to 300. http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 4#p2358594)
-- Rank images (see note below)
-- Resize gallery avatars (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 9#p2359699 - thanks Dave!)
-- Add a "true veteran" or senior usergroup. (Done. Joining requires 1,000+ posts as well as one year's worth of membership.)
-- Anonymous Moderator Feedback 'box' (a feedback form has been added; see http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76855)
-- Moderator biographies sticky thread in "Introduce Yourself" (Done. Here it is: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=76901)
-- A new General Discussion, due to the fatal errors. (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p2410317)
-- Sort/reorder the usergroup legend (Done as of December 2018 following the phpBB upgrade.)
-- Categorize the board leaders/team listing like this (Done as of December 2018 following the phpBB upgrade.)
-- Sort/reorder the usergroup legend instead of it displaying alphabetically. E.g., organise as WQ Team, Admins, Mods, Users (Done as of December 2018 following the phpBB upgrade.)
-- Custom profile field suggestions
- -- placeholder
- -- Facebook and Twitter go against the Forum Guidelines, thus they will not be added.
-- Tumblr will not be added.
-- Snapchat goes against the Forum Guidelines, thus it will not be added.
- -- Banner contest. (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 0#p2457990)
-- New UotM avatar contest. (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 6#p2457926)
-- "Most Helpful User Guide" award (We are discussing a possible way to do this.)
-- Wolf smilies (Contest: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75349 )
-- SPAM war (maybe. if it happens it'll likely be after the app release.)
-- WolfQuest Group Artwork Event (Community members are free to create their own topic in User Artwork; Nordue is working on this)
-- Ban parrot (this is just a fun usergroup, and doesn't actually do any banning.)
-- Capitalize "moderators" in "Global moderators" (Possible but not strictly necessary.)
-- Allow limit human contact in Wild Canid User Writings & User Writings (Addressed by Dave: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 2#p2292542 )
-- Instate board-specific (local) moderators (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 6#p2309546)
-- A report forum (see http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 8#p2294878 for details) (please contact a moderator if you have any reports or concerns)
-- Thread for questions about the forums (Tips, Hints and Help covers both the game and forums.)
-- Increase PM inbox size (we think the current limits are fine, especially if folders and the PM rules you set in your UCP are used. you can also just copy down messages you want to save and store them elsewhere on your device.)
-- Banned rank and/or usergroup (could create issues with banhoppers using it as boasting rights or similar problems)
-- Change staff colors (the current colours are standard for forum staff across many communities.)
-- Multiple ranks shown on member profiles (Not really ideal. Keeping profiles minimal is more convenient.)
-- Larger max avatar size (100px is ideal and less distracting, but we'll keep 125px in mind in case of future consideration.)
-- Image tags enabled in Get to Know Each Other (deemed too risky for now due to troubles in the past.)
-- A thread for users to pitch and discuss ideas for Pack Central packs. (Because it could turn quickly into drama, we'd prefer to avoid this. However, aspiring pack creators can use "what do you want in a PC pack as a guideline- http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76833.)
-- Allow users to delete their own posts. (requires code tweaks. Not worth the hassle.)
-- Potentially remove Sports, Adventure & Travel. (Though inactive, it is still useful if only for the sake of tidiness.)
-- Update the WolfQuest Art Gallery- http://wolfquest.org/wolf_art.php (Pending removal, but we can try to make a it a themed forum thread.)
-- More avatar galleries (requires webmaster's attention)
-- Quick links bar (requires webmaster's attention)
-- Fix forum problems and errors (It's better to contact Dave in regards to issues; the Dec-2018 upgrade fixed a number of issues while also causing a couple of new ones.)
-- Ability to set BBCode defaults for your posts (.MOD required)
-- Unique username colors for forum ranks (.MOD required?)
-- More font colors to choose from (.MOD required?)
-- Notification when someone adds you to their friend list (.MOD or forum upgrade required)
-- @username tagging or notification "pinging" (Extension required.)
-- Topics created feature on user profiles (.MOD required)
-- Report Profile option (.MOD required)
-- Automatic welcome PM (.MOD required)
-- Ability to hide or restrict post content. (.MOD required)
-- Reputation (upvote/downvote) system (.MOD required)
-- More font support
-- Report team group for the forum
-- Featured member of the week