WolfQuest App General Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

WolfQuest App General Discussion

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:53 am

I think WQ should have an app. Post on here if u think WQ should have an app. :D
Last edited by Koa on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged thread with old one and changed title. You are free to discuss the app here.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

User avatar
Jeames
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 4153
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am
Name: Jeames, Jea
Gender: Other
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by Jeames » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Sounds interesting, I like the idea. c:
Though, what should they add in that app? We can always go online (even on our phones with internet) to get to the site. o;
. - Jeames - .

For the last time,
I am a STICK okay?!?!
Oh and I own Paradiigm.
Now I must go annoy Dom.
sig/av ↝ Paradiigm/noir_187

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Jeames wrote:Sounds interesting, I like the idea. c:
Though, what should they add in that app? We can always go online (even on our phones with internet) to get to the site. o;
they should let people play singleplayer and multiplayer, and they should make it free
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

User avatar
Jeames
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 4153
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am
Name: Jeames, Jea
Gender: Other
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by Jeames » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Hmm, sounds good.
It might be hard to make the game into an app, but it might not be impossible, might it? c:
. - Jeames - .

For the last time,
I am a STICK okay?!?!
Oh and I own Paradiigm.
Now I must go annoy Dom.
sig/av ↝ Paradiigm/noir_187

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Jeames wrote:Hmm, sounds good.
It might be hard to make the game into an app, but it might not be impossible, might it? c:
it might be hard, BUT im sure they could do it :mrgreen:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5662
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by Neamara » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:32 pm

I believe Eduweb did state they would be interested in making an app.
WQ Coordinator wrote:Update: Eduweb would love to make an app, but if we are going to release one, it has to be good (and have a point), meaning it would have to be a separate project that would cost a fair amount of money. There's still a chance (they've developed different iphone apps before), but it cost a lot more money than they anticipated, so the basic funding would have to be there. That, and it probably wouldn't be a free app because of all the funding it would take to create it. But since the WolfQuest computer game and forum are free, I don't think it would be awful to charge to download a smartphone app. So we'll see, but again, don't get your hopes up too high.

Source: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2141373

As explained by Cana, making an app for the game would still require funding and a Unity license for such a thing to be possible for Android/IOS devices. There are different licenses depending on the platform developers want to work on -- WolfQuest's being built on the computer engine.

...and Unity does not come cheap at $1,500 give or take a few of the other add-ons provided there.

So having an app with the game on it would probably not be an option at this stage. It may or may not be possible based on what would be put on the app.

Again, it comes down to funding that the team just doesn't have, nor are they actively seeking funding as of December 2012; however, if you have any serious ideas or suggestions for funding solutions, you're welcome to get in contact with Eduweb.


WolfQuest is considered a discontinued project. Please refer to the respective announcement-
Send help to the UK.
A clown has taken control.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]
Avatar © WQ:AE

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:37 pm

nightangelwolf wrote:I believe Eduweb did state they would be interested in making an app.
WQ Coordinator wrote:Update: Eduweb would love to make an app, but if we are going to release one, it has to be good (and have a point), meaning it would have to be a separate project that would cost a fair amount of money. There's still a chance (they've developed different iphone apps before), but it cost a lot more money than they anticipated, so the basic funding would have to be there. That, and it probably wouldn't be a free app because of all the funding it would take to create it. But since the WolfQuest computer game and forum are free, I don't think it would be awful to charge to download a smartphone app. So we'll see, but again, don't get your hopes up too high.

Source: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2141373

As explained by Cana, making an app for the game would still require funding and a Unity license for such a thing to be possible for Android/IOS devices. There are different licenses depending on the platform developers want to work on -- WolfQuest's being built on the computer engine.

...and Unity does not come cheap at $1,500 give or take a few of the other add-ons provided there.

So having an app with the game on it would probably not be an option at this stage. It may or may not be possible based on what would be put on the app.

Again, it comes down to funding that the team just doesn't have, nor are they actively seeking funding as of December 2012; however, if you have any serious ideas or suggestions for funding solutions, you're welcome to get in contact with Eduweb.


WolfQuest is considered a discontinued project. Please refer to the respective announcement-
so, they're thinking of making an app?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5662
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by Neamara » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:45 pm

That quote is from a post made in September 2012; we've heard nothing about an app since then. Cana's position was terminated at the beginning of 2013, so it's hard to imagine they're still thinking about making an app - especially with phase 2 being on hold.

With funding being an issue, it probably won't be a possibility at this point without serious funding suggestions. Unless Eduweb can get the project back in gear, it's highly unlikely we'll ever see an app for WolfQuest.
Send help to the UK.
A clown has taken control.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]
Avatar © WQ:AE

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:52 pm

nightangelwolf wrote:That quote is from a post made in September 2012; we've heard nothing about an app since then. Cana's position was terminated at the beginning of 2013, so it's hard to imagine they're still thinking about making an app - especially with phase 2 being on hold.

With funding being an issue, it probably won't be a possibility at this point without serious funding suggestions. Unless Eduweb can get the project back in gear, it's highly unlikely we'll ever see an app for WolfQuest.
well, at least they were gonna make one :(
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

User avatar
alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by alethe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm honestly not sure an app would have even gotten off the ground. Because of the size of WQ, the game would have to be shrunken down. A lot. Either that, or it would only be able to work on tablets, no smart phones or iPods.

I asked about an app a few years ago. It most likely is never going to happen, espically since funding is a problem.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
Starz10
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:53 pm
Gender: Female

Wolfquest App Discussion

Post by Starz10 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:19 am

I haven't been on Wolfquest for a while, but after checking up on the forums I found out that there is a Wolfquest App in the making! I'm sure people are really excited for the new features they might include. Therefore, I thought it would be cool to make a discussion about what everyone is excited for, or what they hope will be added in. My apologies if there is a topic already like this one.
Starz10
▬▬▬▬

"And her eyes were as bright as a million stars, gazing at the azure skies afar"

WolfQuest Community Member Since 2012

Call me Stardust or Star


▬▬▬▬

-Avatar © April-

User avatar
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:49 pm
Name: Dusk
Gender: Female

Re: Wolfquest App Discussion

Post by duskypack » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Yay, your back Starz!


I'm super-excited for the Tablet Edition, I even dreamed about it!

I'm really hoping for more customization options and pictures of the new multiplayer map!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

User avatar
Starz10
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:53 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Wolfquest App Discussion

Post by Starz10 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:37 pm

duskypack wrote:Yay, your back Starz!


I'm super-excited for the Tablet Edition, I even dreamed about it!

I'm really hoping for more customization options and pictures of the new multiplayer map!
Thanks for the welcome back! And yeah, I love that they're adding more customization options.
:)
Starz10
▬▬▬▬

"And her eyes were as bright as a million stars, gazing at the azure skies afar"

WolfQuest Community Member Since 2012

Call me Stardust or Star


▬▬▬▬

-Avatar © April-

lighting wing23
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by lighting wing23 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:46 am

Wow if only we could make one It would be cool having it on my iPad and playing it but that sucks that it might not even come out we should find a way to fund to make it actually good and be able to play kinda like it is on a computer :D

User avatar
alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: Should WQ have an app?

Post by alethe » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:54 am



_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

Post Reply

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”