Singleplayer stories?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Singleplayer stories?

Post by Pelican » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:18 am

So I decided to play WolfQuest in singleplayer mode again... and it ended up being story-like. (Also, I made it to the Final Journey for the first time! Yay!!! I haven't done anything but stay at the den on it yet though...)

Here's what happened (this isn't my best writing, I just want to explain what happened):

So I made my wolf, and named her GreyWolf (the name was actually inspired by the documentary "She Wolf" about the Yellowstone wolf). She has a light grey pelt. and, of course, yellow eyes.

(I'm going to be telling this in a third person sort of way....)

GreyWolf starts of looking for a mate, so of course she has to fight three stranger wolves first, one from each territory. She starts with the Grassy Plains Pack since their wolves tend to be the most submissive. Along the way to the territories she scavenges a lot of elk carcasses, and hunts a lot of hares, becoming a skilled hunter of them. Then she goes to the Amethyst Mountain Pack, and finally, the Soda Butte Vista Pack. Somehow she manages to fight off both of the first two wolves on the first try. Druid wolves tend to be a lot more aggressive, but amazingly, she manages to drive him into submission on the first try, too. She goes back to the Amethyst Mountain Pack to find a mate, since their wolves are not too submissive, but not too aggressive. Unfortunately she only finds a dispersal female, so she heads to the Grassy Plains Pack, since the Druids are toughies.

She finds a mate there, a grey and brown wolf, again with yellow eyes. (I named him ParkWolf, as in Yellowstone National Park). In the middle of the encounter he starts to think she's going to leave and tells her, don't go away. She responds with more affectionate gestures and they become mates. But he just disappears one day, and GreyWolf has no idea if he's dead or what. (This is my interpretation of what happens to your mate when you forget to save your game; that's what happened to me here.)

GreyWolf spends several hours looking for another mate, but then in the Amethyst Mountains Pack, she finds a scent trail, a familiar scent trail. But then it starts raining, and it's not as easy to smell the wolf anymore. She rests until it's almost done raining. Then, she follows the scent trail, and as she does, the rain stops. GreyWolf stops in her tracks, too, because the wolf in front of her is ParkWolf! That's strange, he was originally from the Grassy Plains Pack. (The wolf had the same coat color and I named him the same thing so I'm pretending he's the same wolf.) He must have joined this pack, although that would be rare since the Grassy Plains Pack appears to be his natal pack.

The two wolves, GreyWolf and ParkWolf, head out of Pack territory and into part of the forest. Then they howl together before heading across the Lamar River to Slough Creek. Once they make it there, snow has covered the ground. They choose the Saddle Meadows site as their den after running around playing in the snow and looking at all of the other den sites including the secret den (although there weren't enough experience points to get the secret den anyway), and GreyWolf marks their territory all by herself. In the middle of marking her territory, she runs into a black and grey Druid male. He eventually submits, and she manages to drive him off. Then she continues, and finishes, marking territory. Soon afterwards, four puppies are born!

Though GreyWolf never hunted anything but hares in Amethyst Mountain due to just not wanting to die, she now has a more valid reason to avoid hunting elk and instead scavenge more: if she dies, she can't take care of her puppies. The puppies all look the same, with a brownish head, blue eyes and a grey pelt, with a lighter gray looking face (I think this coat color is a glitch, but it looks pretty to me.) GreyWolf gives the pups names: GrayPup, RiverPup, ParkPup and SnowPup. (No, that's not based on warrior cats, but it is similar because if they grew up I'd pretend their names changed to GrayWolf, RiverWolf, ParkWolf and SnowWolf.) Now, the Train Your Pups mission begins.

ParkPup is very obedient while SnowPup and GrayPup are slightly mischevious. However, RiverPup is the most stubborn, wandering away from the den about every two minutes. He starts to get on GreyWolf's nerves (I say the pups have genders too, the game just doesn't let you voice which one they are. RiverPup is a guy, SnowPup is a she wolf, ParkPup is a guy and GrayPup is a she wolf.) Even after the Train Your Pups mission is over and the Defend Your Pups mission begins, he keeps getting close to the edge of the densite. GreyWolf continuously tries to train RiverPup, but it looks like it may be no use. Then, a coyote approaches the den. GreyWolf runs towards it to bite it and scare it away, but she's too slow. The coyote kills two of her pups and runs off. GrayPup and SnowPup are now dead. Only the complete opposites, ParkPup and RiverPup, remain.The Feed Your Pups mission seems like it will be easy, but it won't be as easy as it sounds.

While it's easy for GreyWolf to rush off to an elk carcass, eat it, and run back to the den, she knows that other animals like bears might steal the carcasses. She smells an elk carcass she hasn't seen before, and runs off to bite it to claim it as her pack's. But when she gets to the elk carcass (and it hasn't been eaten off of one bit!), there's a grizzly bear near it. Fortunately, it's too far away to hurt her with its claws. Then, as she reaches down to eat the carcass so that she can feed her pups, she turns around only to see a stranger wolf in her territory. She'd forgotten to mark it at all since the Mark Your Territory quest! The black and grey wolf, a Druid male, is aggressive, just like the ones in the Soda Butte Vista. But luckily this one is more submissive, and it gives in and runs away. It was probably the same Druid from earlier, judging by its submissive nature. The second GreyWolf has driven that wolf away, another one appears! A sandy colored Druid female. GreyWolf starts to fight her, and she is also aggressive. However, her health goes down fast, and GreyWolf goes for the throat. The Druid female is dead. As GreyWolf stands there, panting, over the Druid female's body, another black and grey wolf appears. Before GreyWolf can fight it off, a coyote appears. It looks like it's heading straight for her pack's den. Thinking it might be after one of her pups, GreyWolf runs to it and bites its haunches. It runs away, and she heads back towards the wolf.

The black and grey wolf appears to be the same one from last time, but he's a lot less submissive and obviously isn't. He takes down GreyWolf's health at a rapid rate. Just before she can get killed, GreyWolf, though losing the fight because of it, runs off to restore her health by eating the elk carcass. Now she's safe and can feed her pups. Before she goes back to the den, though, she decides to do something about the bear, since it might be after her pups, too, especially since it's not eating the elk carcass. Risking her health, and her life, she fights it. After only being bit several times, and not severely wounded at all, the grizzly bear runs away. GreyWolf heads home. Along the way she finishes an elk carcass she'd eaten to the bones earlier to restore her health. When she gets there, ParkWolf and ParkPup are stuck under the twig near the tree above the den. GreyWolf nudges ParkWolf away from it, and he's now free. She picks up ParkPup and puts him near the den. (The whole getting stuck thing was a glitch, I think.) After continuous feeding of the pups, and feeding each of them regurgitated hare that was hunted by GreyWolf herself they finally reach fifteen pounds.

Now it's time for the Final Journey. GreyWolf decides to stay at her den for a while longer. She does this so that she can train her pups some more and prepare for the risk of crossing the creek in case her pups might drown, and the danger of the golden eagle she's heard about so many times from stories wolves in her natal pack told about the travel to a rendezvous site. Hopefully her Saddle Meadows Pack will make it...

She goes around her territory, marking it again to make sure no stranger wolves claim it as their territory while she and her pack are at the rendezvous site. Once she's done she goes around looking for elk carcasses to eat, so that she'll have food for her pups on the journey, and so that other packs won't steal the food. She goes to an elk carcass she hadn't noticed, and it's completely uneaten. Another grizzly bear is near it, but it is again too far away to hurt her. She eats some of the elk carcass, and then chases the grizzly bear away. Then she eats more of the carcass. As she turns around to go back to the densite she sees a coyote and a black and grey Druid wolf. She first chases the coyote, and kills it. Its body remains on the ground dead. Once it's dead she faces the Druid wolf. She starts to fight it, but unfortunately, the coyote had taken down her health, and the Druid appears to be the same aggressive one from last time. She runs off losing yet another fight with him so that she can restore her health. Once she gets to the den she feeds her puppies, but now she has no more food left for them.

GreyWolf starts exploring her territory, looking for more carcasses. She finds one in the same spot, and starts eating it. In the middle of eating it she spots a grizzly bear wandering nearby. She runs to it and attacks it. It runs away and she returns to eating the elk carcass. Then she heads back to her den, but she sees a coyote near it! She bites it, and it runs off. Thinking it's gone from her territory, she goes back to the den. About two minutes later, she smells the same coyote! As one of her pups, and she couldn't tell who it was but it was most likely RiverPup again, began to wander away from the den, the coyote comes straight into the densite! She bites it again, trying to kill it. While she's busy fighting the coyote, ParkWolf carries the pup back to the den. The coyote runs off. GreyWolf returns to the den. ParkWolf is yet again stuck under a twig. She manages to get him out. Then she rests, wondering if even she will survive the Final Journey.

She knows that most wolves say to bring your favorite pup and hope it survives. But she thinks RiverPup might have a chance, so she grabs him instead and, attempting to ignore her fear of the golden eagle, she starts the journey. About halfway through, she notices the eagle! GreyWolf runs away from it as fast as she can, but by the time she gets to the shallow part of the creek, it lands! She tries to chase it away, but she's too slow! The eagle accidentally pushes RiverPup into the creek, and he drowns. Only ParkPup, who is idle near Aspen Heights, remains, so she rushes to get him. Right before she's near him, the golden eagle returns! She grabs ParkPup and runs off towards Bison Peak Cutoff. She accidentally runs into Pack territory and is driven out of it by the wolves, and she and ParkWolf decide to go straight through the hunting grounds instead. It's easier, because the moment they near the herd, the elk run away. They reach Bison Peak Cutoff, but then the golden eagle appears again! GreyWolf howls with her remaining pack, hoping it might make the eagle go away. Suddenly she realizes she's not at the right place for the rendezvous site!

She starts to run off towards the Douglas Fir Slopes carrying ParkPup, but is chased out of wolf territory again several times due to her short stamina. She tries to cross the river, but ParkPup starts to drown! (He actually did; I reloaded the saved game.) GreyWolf decides to stay at Bison Peak Cutoff for a while. After resting and regaining her stamina, GreyWolf grabs ParkPup by his scruff and rushes towards the creek. She narrowly avoids Pack territory, going again through the hunting grounds. Resting to gain extra stamina, so that her pup is less likely to drown, before she crosses the creek, she finally crosses the shallow water! Increasing her speed, GreyWolf runs as fast as she can, desperate to not let anyone else get killed by the golden eagle. She bolts towards the rendezvous site, unsure if she'll make it.... and... she does! She, ParkWolf, and ParkPup have survived the journey. They all howl together, as a pack. Though they are now in Douglas Fir Slopes.... they are what they were before. They are the Saddle Meadows Pack.

-

Other things that happened that would feel out of place in a "story" version of my singleplayer experiences:

- ParkPup and RiverPup (mostly ParkPup) kept "freezing".

- There was one time where there was a glitch that made RiverPup bob his head as if he was listening to music.

- The Druid female's body disappeared about two seconds after she died. (Do stranger wolves just respawn in their own territory or do they not respawn at all?)

- ParkPup experienced a glitch where he was sinking into the ground.

- The music that tells you there's a predator nearby kept playing even when there wasn't a predator there. Sometimes the camera went to zoom in on GreyWolf's mate and puppies instead...

Have you ever had a singleplayer experience that was story-like? What was it?
Last edited by Pelican on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Re: Singleplayer stories?

Post by psy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:44 am

So I decided to play WQ for the trillionth time, and I made a wolf named Storm. I only made him to test the Easter Eggs of WQ, and to fix the pup coloring glitch. Believe it or not, at some point, I was actually narrating what Storm was doing.
I never got to save or finish Storm's game, but how weird is it that I decided to narrate a test?

- There was one time where there was a glitch that made RiverPup bob his head as if he was listening to music.
That made me laugh. I guess RiverPup is a fan of rock and roll!

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm

That must've been really hilarious! Now if only I had a story to tell.....

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Derp-Bacon wrote:So I decided to play WQ for the trillionth time, and I made a wolf named Storm. I only made him to test the Easter Eggs of WQ, and to fix the pup coloring glitch. Believe it or not, at some point, I was actually narrating what Storm was doing.
I never got to save or finish Storm's game, but how weird is it that I decided to narrate a test?

Lol. I did that too, I narrated everything I did in my awesome movie voice. Then when the eagle came down to get my pup Aspen, I screamed and my mom came up to ask me what happened. Luckily all my pups made it, good times.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:17 am

WolfBlood02 wrote:
Derp-Bacon wrote:So I decided to play WQ for the trillionth time, and I made a wolf named Storm. I only made him to test the Easter Eggs of WQ, and to fix the pup coloring glitch. Believe it or not, at some point, I was actually narrating what Storm was doing.

Lol. I did that too, I narrated everything I did in my awesome movie voice. Then when the eagle came down to get my pup Aspen, I screamed and my mom came up to ask me what happened. Luckily all my pups made it, good times.

The eagle didn't even eat RiverPup. It pushed him into a creek and he drowned. :'(

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Thu May 21, 2015 9:47 pm

(This begins in Slough Creek, just after accepting my first Journey since returning to WQ.)
Eria wagged her tail. Her heart pounded, the taste of a family howl still in her mind. She guided Sofie, Emaria and Tlusa down Saddle Meadow's rocky hillside. A shrill crowing repeated several times above, with the sound of beating air. No. Junior was still back there. She turned on her heels. But Junior's scent was waning, mixed with the stink of bird. She rushed back. Junior was yelping and squirming, shaking around. The eagle's claws dug deep into his sides. The eagle's wingbeats and smell slowly faded into the stormclouds. She dropped her head, feeling something break inside of her. He was chickfeed now, never to return.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:03 pm

lilly_flower wrote:(This begins in Slough Creek, just after accepting my first Journey since returning to WQ.)
Eria wagged her tail. Her heart pounded, the taste of a family howl still in her mind. She guided Sofie, Emaria and Tlusa down Saddle Meadow's rocky hillside. A shrill crowing repeated several times above, with the sound of beating air. No. Junior was still back there. She turned on her heels. But Junior's scent was waning, mixed with the stink of bird. She rushed back. Junior was yelping and squirming, shaking around. The eagle's claws dug deep into his sides. The eagle's wingbeats and smell slowly faded into the stormclouds. She dropped her head, feeling something break inside of her. He was chickfeed now, never to return.
That's amazing O.O I like the descriptiveness of it.
Last edited by Pelican on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:01 pm

Pelican wrote:
lilly_flower wrote:(This begins in Slough Creek, just after accepting my first Journey since returning to WQ.)
That's amazing O.O
Thank you so much, Pelican! :3

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Pelican wrote:That's amazing O.O
Please ensure your posts contain no less than three words, exempting quotes and emoticons. Anything less is classed as SPAM. ;) Cheers!
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:54 am

Neamara wrote:
Pelican wrote:That's amazing O.O
Please ensure your posts contain no less than three words, exempting quotes and emoticons. Anything less is classed as SPAM. ;) Cheers!

Right.... I must have forgotten. Or thought I was posting more words, since I did stay up all night before yesterday... I'll fix it though. Thanks Neamara :3

SunnySideUpSmile
Pup
Pup

Post by SunnySideUpSmile » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:56 am

Okay....here is a lenghty, paragraphed, full detailed story of my wolf, Icedrop.

Icedrop was a wolf, born in the Aspen Heights pack. At two years old, she left, in search of a mate. She traveled to Amethyst Mountain, and went to the Soda Butte Vista Pack, because she could take refuge in the trees. She encountered a grizzly bear by the name of Bob. She was hurt, and she encountered a slough female. She fought, and just when her health was at it's lowest, the slough female ran off. Icedrop was starving, but she found a carcass. She traveled to the other wolf sites, but she didn't find a wolf mate.

Later, back at Soda Butte Vista, she saw a dispersal (I almost wrote DIvergent...) male. She though he was perfect for her. He liked her too, and they became mates. But all of the land was claimed already. She and Shadow, her wolf mate went back to her homeland, Slough Creek. They claimed Saddle Meadows as their den, and marked the territory. She gave birth to 4 wonderful pups, named Star (albino male), Midnight(Female), Night(Male), and Darkpaw(Female).

Icedrop tried to keep them all in their den, but Darkpaw just wouldn't learn! He taveled all over the place. That, sadly was his downfall. It seems like Bob the bear came to torment Icedrop. He killed her pup. Icedrop howled in sadness, then chased Bob. She promised her whining pups that she'd take care of them. But she will soon learn a lesson...don't make promises you can't keep.

When summer came, it was time for the rendezvous journey. Icedrop had heard hardships, but she barged on. Sadly, Shadow didn't notice a coyote, and Darkpaw will be forever remembered. Icedrop picked up Midnight, but Shadow's jaw was broken and he couldn't pick up Star. (Not really, but I'm forgiving him.) Icedrop pushed her along, and fed her pups.

Suddenly, SCREEECH! A golden eagle circled above. Icedrop howled in sadness. Shadow, at the sight of the eagle, turned crazy and started running in circles. Icedrop picked up Star, and dropped him across the bank.

But when she returned for Midnight, Star was following her for food. He drowned, and Icedrop cried. (I cried, actually.) Icedrop quickly fed Midnight, picked her up, and ran for Midnight's life across the plains. She stopped every once in a while and fed her pup. The eagle swooped down and Icedrop ran at it. The eagle flew away, and Icedrop, Shadow, and Midnight made it to the rendezvous place.

When I have time, I'll put it into story form, but right now, It's just a narrative.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that was given to you." ~ Gandalf the Grey, LoTR

"With great power comes great need to take a nap...wake me up later." ~ Nico di Angelo, The Last Olypmian

"...Obnoxious." Haruhi Fujioka, OHSHC
icon (c) by applexpie2

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”