All the WQ Players Summed Up

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

ViperBrains

Re: All the WQ Players Summed Up

Post by ViperBrains » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:39 pm

The Power-Play RPers~

WQ players who just simply won't allow their character to be be effected by an injury such as: loss of blood, hunger, attacks being thrown from another player. Note to any power-players out there ~ it isn't any fun when you make your wolf immortal.

Silent Assassins~

The players who will join pup games and not say a thing, then out of no where will pick up a pup and just run away with it, often resulting with the pup either being drowned or killed by a predator the player failed to ward off.

Pup Claimers~

Sorta adding on from the last paragraph. Players who will simply ignore all other players and only care for a single pup who they believe they can only look after. It's a game of teamwork people :/

Desperate Noobs~

Usually the newer players to the game are only interested in finding a mate. They will jump from server to server asking everyone "does anyone want to be my mate?". Arghhh, just stawp pls.

Disconnect Addicts~

I don't blame people for having a horrible internet connection, we've all been there at some point, but it can get rather annoying after a few 'poofs'.

The OP Pup Carries~

Players who glitch pups to their wolves mouth for an entire raise pups session. This also goes under the 'pup Claimers' category. I mean I get you don't want the thing to die, but it isn't any fun for everyone else, and..it's supposed to be a game of teamwork!!!!!

Huh, that's everything I can think of for now~ xP
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:19 pm

I'm sometimes a quiet person because of the chat keyboard on tablets. With my trash WiFi I can be a poofer fish and in crowded servers.... LAG TAKES OVER! :evil: not always though. I'm considering getting this on a computer to SAVE ME!!! I will likely encounter some of these people! :roll:

Edda She-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lychan, Juniper

Post by Edda She-Wolf » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 pm

I don't know if anyone's still here, but I must post one. This was during 2.5

So someone said in a post "She never missed" in a post where she MURDERED MY CHARACTER without consent {she left a note at the end saying 'hope u don't mind xP}. I told her 'haha no you power player' and she fixed it to "she never missed, but this time she did on purpose."
Yes because your character never fails, I forgot. Later on my wolf grabbed hers by the tail to stop to stop it from running, and she posted "She turned and broke his jaw." I stopped role playing with her after that. . . So yeah that's my Power Player experience.
:flower: "There are those who would rather wallow in hate and self pity,
than forgive and watch the flowers bloom." ~Edda She-Wolf :flower:

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:07 am

Party Pee-ers
No, they're not party poopers, they're party pee-ers. They insist on peeing on carcasses, you, and your pups. Generally very young players.
Anti-OP
These characters are often the weakest, whitest, most beautiful, youngest, most female puppy-ish wolves ever. They put themselves in danger on purpose constantly and are generally dumb characters on purpose. Always injured and sick. Quite the opposite of a power player.
I See You!
These players are very random, especially in roleplays. They will follow the player closest to them all around the map, saying, "I seeeee you!" or "tell a joke!" or "hi hi hi hi hi" and so on. They are kind of troll-ish, but sometimes it's fun to work with a whole group of them and raid games going nuts about jokes in the middle of a ridiculous roleplay.
You Can Be Anything
These guys are weird. They generally promote roleplaying as anything, but then they're like "Hey! You can't be a giraffe!" or "No, you can't be a gorilla." in the middle of the roleplay. Comepletely out of nowhere.
Everybody Hates Me
These players join games -generally very full roleplayes -to come and complain about users who apparently hate him/her and about how everybody just hates him/her and how him/her is leaving WQ. This happened with a user so bad that he was ranting and raging and sending everybody PMs (including me...) and everyone just. is like. STAWP. obnoxiousss
Lemme Help You
These people are generally nice. Sometimes they're noobs. They're like, "aw, here, lemme carry your pup for you" and they carry it across the river and accidentally drown it. uuuughhhh and then they won't leave you alone, and keep accidentally drowning pups or hunting badly.
Heh.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:38 am

The Amateur:
The new kid on the block who hasn't ever played the game before, doesn't know how to RP, doesn't even grasp the concept of herding elk so that we don't have to go as far to get food, and doesn't even know where the crossing is. This is normal for newbies, yes, but it's frustrating for experienced players who are just trying to have a laid-back RP or pup-raising session.
The Pup RPer:
These, now these annoy me. They join as an "orphaned pup" or something like that, and end up trying to make you feel guilty for not helping them, yet if opt to "adopt" them or take care of them, all they ever cause is trouble. I haven't roleplayed on WolfQuest in a while, and that's partially because of these types of players.
The Anti Realism Roleplayer:
I tried to open up a realistic lone wolf roleplay several months ago and got hit with a ton of these. People who wanted to roleplay as orphaned pups, people trying to roleplay as cannibals, people who wanted to roleplay as dogs, people who wanted to roleplay as unicorn wolves with magical superpowers, etc. It seemed as though they saw that the server was about realistic RP and thought "Hey, let me join this server as an unrealistic character just to annoy the host". I haven't tried making a realistic styled RP server ever since.
The Pup Killer:
Now this, this really annoys me. These players are basically trolls who join your server just so they can drown your pups when you get to the crossing part of the journey. If you are the host and don't watch what everyone is doing during the crossing, they can easily kill half of all your pups. They usually have really edgy sounding wolf names like "Claw" or "Fang". They ruin the game, they destroy all of your hard work, and you can't do much to prevent them from joining. And what does this gain them, as people playing an animal game? Enjoyment? Satisfaction in knowing that they ruined the game for everyone else? Whatever it is, the only way to prevent them from ruining your experience is to kick them at the first sign of being a pup killer.

Edda She-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lychan, Juniper

Post by Edda She-Wolf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Ah, I have a dramatic pup one. I've only dealt with it once.
So I and a good friend RPed the birth scene (directly before pups were born) but it was more like newborn pups already, and two were dying. Someone joined and they posted about how their pup character was hanging from a tree branch over a raging river. We were too busy with the whole Our Pups so another friend said they rescued that pup. But the drama pup said 'No I want (whatever my username was) to save me! They have a white wolf pelt!' It's like, no, that's gray, and he's just gonna leave his mate and dying pups to save someone half way across the valley. Yep.
:flower: "There are those who would rather wallow in hate and self pity,
than forgive and watch the flowers bloom." ~Edda She-Wolf :flower:

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Edda She-Wolf wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm
Ah, I have a dramatic pup one. I've only dealt with it once.
So I and a good friend RPed the birth scene (directly before pups were born) but it was more like newborn pups already, and two were dying. Someone joined and they posted about how their pup character was hanging from a tree branch over a raging river. We were too busy with the whole Our Pups so another friend said they rescued that pup. But the drama pup said 'No I want (whatever my username was) to save me! They have a white wolf pelt!' It's like, no, that's gray, and he's just gonna leave his mate and dying pups to save someone half way across the valley. Yep.
Oh my gosh. I've seen so many of those, and I wonder, "how did you get up in the tree in the first place?" and "how are you hanging on?" and "how long have you been there?" and "what if I'm realistic, and can't save you?" and "do I care that much?"
I'm a Mod!
I've seen three of these players so far, but I've only disproved one of the three of them, and figured out why he was pretending to be one.
The main questions I asked to nail 'im:
"Since you are a moderator, you most likely know about Potato Prison, right?"
"What are the names of the three major and active moderators of WQ?"
"Why aren't you helping with WQ3?"
"What is Floppy's real name?" (MotL)
and "Is your age above eighteen?" (wait for the length of time between the question asked and the response. Thoroughly examine the response.

There were a bunch of other questions asked, but they applied to what just happened or what was said, not out-of-nowhere questions that any WolfQuester would ask a mod they'd never seen. Hehe
I Hate Your Character
These people sometimes join games to complain about how much they hate the type of roleplay it is, or to complain about a certain character another user is playing as. Generally, they don't stop whining about the game and character until they are asked to leave. Except one time I did ask them why they were in a game they hated, and they said that I hated them and that I was asking them to leave... which I wasn't. At all. O.O I even got a warning from the host. Luckily, the guy left soon, and the roleplay went back to normal.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 pm

The carcass wasters: These players often jump to lose stamina just so they can eat from elk carcasses, hence wasting the food. This is annoying during raise pups.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:34 pm

elkhunter123456 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 pm
The carcass wasters: These players often jump to lose stamina just so they can eat from elk carcasses, hence wasting the food. This is annoying during raise pups.
I actually only do this when a carcass has barely any food left and I turn OCD lol.

I have to agree the 2018+ ones are pretty accurate. One time somebody had the same name as my wolf. The host became confused and asked one of us to leave. The ''fake'' Gold kept saying ''I'm not moving, kick Gold {aka me} out!'' and she kept saying annoying things to pretend like I was saying it. Eventually the host kicked me out, and I was innocent. For the rest of the day I was so angry and hired bounty hunters to find the fraud and report them since I forgot their username. Honestly if a server starts going downhill the host will use their magical booting powers and kick out anybody. Also I don't understand why there are so many none-wolf related RPs, and the ones who ARE wolf roleplays are omega/alpha/beta RPs which I don't like because people will be overly dramatic and inaccurate. Like what one user said about the type of players who RP with undetailed sentences (''eats hare'' ''runs to save pup'')

Also the noobs who carry pups across rivers and drown them.. one time somebody ran across the river with barely any stamina left and drowned the pup only to be so surprised as to why that happened and kept apologizing..

Lastly, I've ran into servers who said ''18+human RP'' and i'm like whaaaat. I went in the server and told them if they want to make an 18+ server to do it privately. They kicked me out but thankfully I reported them. I noticed if you scream ''I reported you!!!'' people will flip out haha

I've been a ''secret agent'' and looked out for pup trollers and the players who did me wrong (hence the bounty hunters I mentioned earlier), I usually warn the commonfolk about trolls going around.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Star_The_Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Star_The_Wolf » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 pm

I've been in many games where one of the players just stops right outside the rendezvous, and I always have to kick them out...

wolf_whisperer98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver

Post by wolf_whisperer98 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:55 pm

The ones that trigger me the most are those where both the character, and the player behind said character, are downright rude.

Those who lack manners, and have no sense of respect for anyone other than their closest friends. You can be as nice to them as you can, but they can still claim to want to 'kill you' for absolutely no reason other than maybe stating your own opinions. These people, I have noticed, are popping up more and more since the release of Anniversary Edition. That kind of behavior steers me away from RPing on public servers, period.

It's nothing against WolfQuest or the production team, but it's some people who think they can get away with it. I do make good use of the Report button almost every time I get on, which is rare now. But I think that this takes the cake.
"... therein, to conquer our demons, we have naught to lose but more to gain, we must first learn to conquer ourselves from within."

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:42 pm

The Drama Queen
As I was thinking, this was the first thing that popped into my mind, along with a matching incident. I was hosting a game, at least I THINK I was hosting it, and the roleplay was going fine. Well, technically, this one player was roleplaying all of our characters FOR us, so we just sat around bored while that one player was having so much fun NPC-ing everything.
But then one of the players got a bit too bored. They got cranky, and, well... when that specific player gets cranky, she drives me nuts.
DQ (drama queen): WELL IM LEAVING MY PARENTS LET ME SKIP SCHOOL JUST TO LET ME HAVE FUN AND IM NOT HAVING FUN!!
Me: Wow!! Your parents let you skip school to play video games?
Friend: Awesome parents!
DQ: YOU ALL HATE ME
Me: that's enough.
that one player that NPC-ed everything: takes DQ's side, yells at me to shush, lots of awkward silence, DQ kept yelling about how she was so sensitive and we all somehow knew that and that this roleplay was no fun. Eventually I asked her why she was even there. Then she took it the wrong way and left.
.........and then she came back as a sobby mess screaming apologies at everyone and winning their good sides. ew. XD

"Don't carry the pups across until I do!"
Yes, I was playing a Phrase Chat public Raise Pups game.... the host refused to trust anyone. Anyone who tried to carry a pup across the river... man.... the host would run up and feed the pup, thus popping it out of the player's mouth, and then running it across the rest of the river. She actually drowned one of the pups by doing this and tried to claim that it was the other player's fault. While she (I'm assuming it's a she, sorry) did that, I actually carried the pup I named, Kativa, to the other side of the river safely. She was so shocked that I actually did it right.....

I'm Just Spectating
I know a lot of players that do this. They just join a roleplay game to fill up precious game slots that other people could be using to actually roleplay, and they watch the roleplayers do their thing, follow them around, and they don't roleplay at all. They cause a lot of awkward silence, embarrassment, irritation, and steer the other players away from roleplaying and talking to them. And then they won't go away.

The Politician
These players join games to talk about politics. They also message you about politics. They also don't take no for an answer. They also claim to have a lot of friends and try to intimidate you with that hazy fact.

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Star_The_Wolf wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 pm
I've been in many games where one of the players just stops right outside the rendezvous, and I always have to kick them out...
Ack, I've run across those, too. By the time you're at the rendezvous site, you typically run out of food, so the pups are starving while that person figuratively dances around just beyond the clearing for no reason.

I guess that type of player needs a title? :?

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Mwitu wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:15 pm
Star_The_Wolf wrote:
Ack, I've run across those, too. By the time you're at the rendezvous site, you typically run out of food, so the pups are starving while that person figuratively dances around just beyond the clearing for no reason.

It should be The Heckler of Sanity

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:45 am

TimberRaven wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:12 pm
Mwitu wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:15 pm
Star_The_Wolf wrote:

It should be The Heckler of Sanity
I second that! It's official. :lol:

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”