All the WQ Players Summed Up

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

perenril
Name: Ril|Anna

Re: All the WQ Players Summed Up

Post by perenril » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:39 pm

The Power-Play RPers~

WQ players who just simply won't allow their character to be be effected by an injury such as: loss of blood, hunger, attacks being thrown from another player. Note to any power-players out there ~ it isn't any fun when you make your wolf immortal.

Silent Assassins~

The players who will join pup games and not say a thing, then out of no where will pick up a pup and just run away with it, often resulting with the pup either being drowned or killed by a predator the player failed to ward off.

Pup Claimers~

Sorta adding on from the last paragraph. Players who will simply ignore all other players and only care for a single pup who they believe they can only look after. It's a game of teamwork people :/

Desperate Noobs~

Usually the newer players to the game are only interested in finding a mate. They will jump from server to server asking everyone "does anyone want to be my mate?". Arghhh, just stawp pls.

Disconnect Addicts~

I don't blame people for having a horrible internet connection, we've all been there at some point, but it can get rather annoying after a few 'poofs'.

The OP Pup Carries~

Players who glitch pups to their wolves mouth for an entire raise pups session. This also goes under the 'pup Claimers' category. I mean I get you don't want the thing to die, but it isn't any fun for everyone else, and..it's supposed to be a game of teamwork!!!!!

Huh, that's everything I can think of for now~ xP
𝒫
---==---
" Oh no! "
-====-

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:19 pm

I'm sometimes a quiet person because of the chat keyboard on tablets. With my trash WiFi I can be a poofer fish and in crowded servers.... LAG TAKES OVER! :evil: not always though. I'm considering getting this on a computer to SAVE ME!!! I will likely encounter some of these people! :roll:

Edda She-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Edda She-Wolf » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 pm

I don't know if anyone's still here, but I must post one. This was during 2.5

So someone said in a post "She never missed" in a post where she MURDERED MY CHARACTER without consent {she left a note at the end saying 'hope u don't mind xP}. I told her 'haha no you power player' and she fixed it to "she never missed, but this time she did on purpose."
Yes because your character never fails, I forgot. Later on my wolf grabbed hers by the tail to stop to stop it from running, and she posted "She turned and broke his jaw." I stopped role playing with her after that. . . So yeah that's my Power Player experience.
:flower: "There are those who would rather wallow in hate and self pity,
than forgive and watch the flowers bloom." ~Edda She-Wolf :flower:

TimberRaven
Name: I am Hugh

Post by TimberRaven » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:07 am

Party Pee-ers
No, they're not party poopers, they're party pee-ers. They insist on peeing on carcasses, you, and your pups. Generally very young players.
Anti-OP
These characters are often the weakest, whitest, most beautiful, youngest, most female puppy-ish wolves ever. They put themselves in danger on purpose constantly and are generally dumb characters on purpose. Always injured and sick. Quite the opposite of a power player.
I See You!
These players are very random, especially in roleplays. They will follow the player closest to them all around the map, saying, "I seeeee you!" or "tell a joke!" or "hi hi hi hi hi" and so on. They are kind of troll-ish, but sometimes it's fun to work with a whole group of them and raid games going nuts about jokes in the middle of a ridiculous roleplay.
You Can Be Anything
These guys are weird. They generally promote roleplaying as anything, but then they're like "Hey! You can't be a giraffe!" or "No, you can't be a gorilla." in the middle of the roleplay. Comepletely out of nowhere.
Everybody Hates Me
These players join games -generally very full roleplayes -to come and complain about users who apparently hate him/her and about how everybody just hates him/her and how him/her is leaving WQ. This happened with a user so bad that he was ranting and raging and sending everybody PMs (including me...) and everyone just. is like. STAWP. obnoxiousss
Lemme Help You
These people are generally nice. Sometimes they're noobs. They're like, "aw, here, lemme carry your pup for you" and they carry it across the river and accidentally drown it. uuuughhhh and then they won't leave you alone, and keep accidentally drowning pups or hunting badly.
Heh.
Spoiler
Show
MOOO :cow:
Spoiler
Show
ET phone home???
Spoiler
Show
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler
Show
Make it so.
Spoiler
Show
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Instead, put baking soda in it and watch it explode :twisted:
Spoiler
Show
Chirp's cool
Spoiler
Show
Owww! :wolf:
Spoiler
Show
It's broccoli O.O :tree:
Spoiler
Show
You have eyebrows
Spoiler
Show
You're still reading these?? *huggles*

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:38 am

The Amateur:
The new kid on the block who hasn't ever played the game before, doesn't know how to RP, doesn't even grasp the concept of herding elk so that we don't have to go as far to get food, and doesn't even know where the crossing is. This is normal for newbies, yes, but it's frustrating for experienced players who are just trying to have a laid-back RP or pup-raising session.
The Pup RPer:
These, now these annoy me. They join as an "orphaned pup" or something like that, and end up trying to make you feel guilty for not helping them, yet if opt to "adopt" them or take care of them, all they ever cause is trouble. I haven't roleplayed on WolfQuest in a while, and that's partially because of these types of players.
The Anti Realism Roleplayer:
I tried to open up a realistic lone wolf roleplay several months ago and got hit with a ton of these. People who wanted to roleplay as orphaned pups, people trying to roleplay as cannibals, people who wanted to roleplay as dogs, people who wanted to roleplay as unicorn wolves with magical superpowers, etc. It seemed as though they saw that the server was about realistic RP and thought "Hey, let me join this server as an unrealistic character just to annoy the host". I haven't tried making a realistic styled RP server ever since.
The Pup Killer:
Now this, this really annoys me. These players are basically trolls who join your server just so they can drown your pups when you get to the crossing part of the journey. If you are the host and don't watch what everyone is doing during the crossing, they can easily kill half of all your pups. They usually have really edgy sounding wolf names like "Claw" or "Fang". They ruin the game, they destroy all of your hard work, and you can't do much to prevent them from joining. And what does this gain them, as people playing an animal game? Enjoyment? Satisfaction in knowing that they ruined the game for everyone else? Whatever it is, the only way to prevent them from ruining your experience is to kick them at the first sign of being a pup killer.

Edda She-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Edda She-Wolf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Ah, I have a dramatic pup one. I've only dealt with it once.
So I and a good friend RPed the birth scene (directly before pups were born) but it was more like newborn pups already, and two were dying. Someone joined and they posted about how their pup character was hanging from a tree branch over a raging river. We were too busy with the whole Our Pups so another friend said they rescued that pup. But the drama pup said 'No I want (whatever my username was) to save me! They have a white wolf pelt!' It's like, no, that's gray, and he's just gonna leave his mate and dying pups to save someone half way across the valley. Yep.
:flower: "There are those who would rather wallow in hate and self pity,
than forgive and watch the flowers bloom." ~Edda She-Wolf :flower:

TimberRaven
Name: I am Hugh

Post by TimberRaven » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Edda She-Wolf wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm
Ah, I have a dramatic pup one. I've only dealt with it once.
So I and a good friend RPed the birth scene (directly before pups were born) but it was more like newborn pups already, and two were dying. Someone joined and they posted about how their pup character was hanging from a tree branch over a raging river. We were too busy with the whole Our Pups so another friend said they rescued that pup. But the drama pup said 'No I want (whatever my username was) to save me! They have a white wolf pelt!' It's like, no, that's gray, and he's just gonna leave his mate and dying pups to save someone half way across the valley. Yep.
Oh my gosh. I've seen so many of those, and I wonder, "how did you get up in the tree in the first place?" and "how are you hanging on?" and "how long have you been there?" and "what if I'm realistic, and can't save you?" and "do I care that much?"
I'm a Mod!
I've seen three of these players so far, but I've only disproved one of the three of them, and figured out why he was pretending to be one.
The main questions I asked to nail 'im:
"Since you are a moderator, you most likely know about Potato Prison, right?"
"What are the names of the three major and active moderators of WQ?"
"Why aren't you helping with WQ3?"
"What is Floppy's real name?" (MotL)
and "Is your age above eighteen?" (wait for the length of time between the question asked and the response. Thoroughly examine the response.

There were a bunch of other questions asked, but they applied to what just happened or what was said, not out-of-nowhere questions that any WolfQuester would ask a mod they'd never seen. Hehe
I Hate Your Character
These people sometimes join games to complain about how much they hate the type of roleplay it is, or to complain about a certain character another user is playing as. Generally, they don't stop whining about the game and character until they are asked to leave. Except one time I did ask them why they were in a game they hated, and they said that I hated them and that I was asking them to leave... which I wasn't. At all. O.O I even got a warning from the host. Luckily, the guy left soon, and the roleplay went back to normal.
Spoiler
Show
MOOO :cow:
Spoiler
Show
ET phone home???
Spoiler
Show
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler
Show
Make it so.
Spoiler
Show
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Instead, put baking soda in it and watch it explode :twisted:
Spoiler
Show
Chirp's cool
Spoiler
Show
Owww! :wolf:
Spoiler
Show
It's broccoli O.O :tree:
Spoiler
Show
You have eyebrows
Spoiler
Show
You're still reading these?? *huggles*

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 pm

The carcass wasters: These players often jump to lose stamina just so they can eat from elk carcasses, hence wasting the food. This is annoying during raise pups.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf