What is your Singleplayer Personality?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

What is YOUR SP personality?

Strong and Aggressive
23%
Flighty
8%
Family-Oriented
21%
Careful
19%
Survivalist
23%
A mix of... (specify in reply)
4%
Other (specify in reply)
4%

Total votes: 53

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

What is your Singleplayer Personality?

Post by Spookykitty » Wed May 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Hey yous, yes, it's Lilly again. Expect me to be a bit of an active derp.

It may only be me, but I enjoy the roleplaying side of SP, so I like to project a personality in my interactions in the social arena. In the latest two playings, I've gone for "strong and aggressive" (although I this worked better with Wintre. See here ----> http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2371125 )
For example, choosing to be dominant rather than cowed. 1st playthrough after returning to WQ, dominant didn't work so well with Eria. Still a little derp there. Of course, it could have been the slightly less strength from being a female wolf that made Eria not work as well, and Wintre work great (Wintre being male with more strength. I use the "max stats" glitch on both of them. Shamelessly lol. )

I may go for another playthrough if I survive and prosper in Wintre's, this time with legit stats. (Suggesting stats/personality perhaps, peeps?) Anyway, personalities and their cons/pros:
Strong and Aggressive
Show
Best Stats: Strength
Example Behaviors: Hunting for themselves, scaring off bears, killing coyotes, scaring stranger wolves until they submit, fighting stranger wolves
Pros: +EXP. And it's fun.
Cons: Risky for health. You have to scavenge a lot to not die.
TESTED
Flighty
Show
Best Stats: Speed
Example Behaviors: Submitting and leaving as soon as aggression is shown from a stranger, hunting only weak elk, scavenging more than hunting, eating hares more, delaying in the social arena, leaving carcasses to Bob, frequently marking territory
Pros: You'll keep a lot of health and can feast on any bunny that dares cross your path; You won't deal with Bob.
Cons: -EXP. You may go hungry without hunting enough or scaring Bob off.
UNTESTED
Family-Oriented
Show
Best Stats: Any, but most likely Stamina
Example Behaviors: Scavenging to keep health up; Assessing a social arena, then fighting or fleeing accordingly; Patiently looking for the perfect mate; Frequenting the cattle ranch; Choosing the safest densites; marking territory regularly; making sure puppies are at high health; making sure mate is at high health; going after predators immediately
Pros: Your pups will be safe and fed, less predators, and you should keep in good health. You stay smart.
Cons: Unreliable EXP, lots of extra time taken.
TESTED
Careful
Show
Best Stats: Stamina
Example Behaviors: Sizing up a social arena; hunting only with enough health; Avoiding Bob-claimed carcasses; letting one's mate hunt and feed, only leaving the den for short periods; hunting at the cattle ranch if at all; howling frequently to keep Affinity up; marking territory almost obsessively
Pros: Lots of HP, safe puppies, less energy wasted
Cons: Likely less EXP. Your mate may not always hunt for you.
UNTESTED
Survivalist
Show
Best Stats: Strength
Example Behaviors: Hunting frequently; scaring off Bob; Chasing coyotes; in general, only doing things beneficial to survival
Pros: Potential for a lot of EXP and staying healthy.
Cons: You may lose a lot of health scaring Bob off, but otherwise there are fewer immediately visible cons.
UNTESTED
-
Strong and Aggressive
Flighty
Family-Oriented
Careful
Survivalist

Magic list of peoples using...:
  • Wintre (lilly_flower)
    Eria (lilly_flower)
    Loner (Lonewolfgamer00)
    [unspecified wolf name] (Pelican)
    [unspecified wolf name] (CakeWolfy)
That's all for now folks. I would love--if people have tested these or choose to test them--if they'd get back to me and tell me how it went! If you want to, include the wolf's name (ingame) as well. Maybe, eventually we'll all vote on the effectiveness of a playstyle, and which is best. Or suggest one to add here!
Last edited by Spookykitty on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lonewolfgamer00
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Riding my horse next to Loch ness, searching for Nessie

Re: What is your Singleplayer Personality?

Post by Lonewolfgamer00 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm strong and aggressive
And enjoying every minute of it
COME AT ME BEARS >:D
Saving people, hunting things
the family business

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:34 am

I'm more of a survivalist, without the hunting elk, but with a twist, I like to pretend there's some sort of fantasy story going on in the background, that only shows itself in my imagination. Of course I know it's realistic singleplayer. But I can pretend.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:15 pm

My single player personality starts out as normal and family friendly type, but once the puppies come, watch out! I become insane just trying to keep them alive and I get overprotective of them!

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Post by 44wolfquest » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:31 pm

I am strong and aggressive. I'm sure not even Bob the Bear wants to mess with me! I'm also careful, though. I don't like to let myself be attacked. If I do get attacked, I tend to back off unless it is a weaker enemy. The third option I selected was SURVIVALIST! I defend myself and my pack well. Although I am aggressive, it is for the good of my survival. :wolf:
(`*°•._(`°•._*+*_.•°`)_.•°*`)
For the strength of a pack
Is the wolf,
°•.• WolfQuest •.•°
But the strength of the wolf
Is the pack
(·(·(·(·•·)·)·)·)

Signature by Black Burn

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:16 am

I'm definitely aggressive, aggressive enough to kill moosens!

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup
Name: Birdie/Goose

Post by ArgentsArrows » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 pm

I'm more of a family-oriented, cautious survivalist, based on the descriptions. Most of my actions typically revolve around keeping my pups alive, though I also play rather cautiously, always thinking through moves for a bit before acting ( when I'm not scaring off predators ).
the curves of your lips rewrite history

Brinnadaze
Pup
Pup
Name: Brianna

Post by Brinnadaze » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:18 am

I’m developing a flighty/family-oriented wolf. Cherise is currently a Pup so it’ll take a while for her to disperse and find a mate of her own... but she is definitely more cowardly than aggressive, that I know for sure. Once she’s had a litter of her own I’ll give a little update of how she’s doing.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:46 am

Quick to finding a mate and raising a family --a swift and stamina-oriented wolf. I always play 75% speed and 75% stamina; 0% strength. I need to be able to run forever if I'm going to make it in and out of fending off predators, and come out of the cattle ranch safe. If you have ever played with me, you've probably noticed I don't like to die a lot, because everytime you die you lose 500XP points...

...So I chose Family Oriented. :wolf:
For fun, like singleplayer roleplaying, I choose the personality of my wolf. I name them a name that would fit them; choose their injuries, how old they are, where they came from; and that determines if they are very dominant or extremly submissive. My wolves are tipically small but feisty, and try to chase away Slough Creek wolves and maybe kill Druid guys. (No, seriously... I've killed a Druid female!!)

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:49 pm

My wolf is definitely strong and aggressive, I attach bears all the time
Kill strangers. But also a Suvivalist, staying as healthy as possible,
He's also family-orianted, shielding his pups and mate with his life.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”