Your Favorite Thing About WolfQuest!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

celawolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Madi

Your Favorite Thing About WolfQuest!

Post by celawolf » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 am

I used to play WolfQuest all the time, and was amazed at how beautiful the game was. It captivated me, but I eventually stopped playing due to multiplayer friends getting off, and overall new games coming out. Now that I hear a new version coming out, I'm so excited!

I've been waiting for WolfQuest 3, but apparently it will be 2.7, which I'm fine with! I'm excited nonetheless, and can't wait to get back into being a wolf again in Yellowstone. I love the new features including the scent trails and wind, which is a great realistic feature.

But whenever I hear the opening music for WolfQuest, a little shiver goes down my spine. That country/western/wilderness music reminds me of so much that I used to do on the game, and it makes me happy to know another version is coming out.

I have many favorite things that I love about this game, but what's YOUR favorite thing? :)
celawolf

Aeva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Your Favorite Thing About WolfQuest!

Post by Aeva » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:27 pm

I also found the game's visuals very appealing, probably one of my favorite aspects of the game. Also, stumbling upon stranger wolves in Slough Creek was also pretty cool.

WQlf
Pup
Pup

Post by WQlf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:37 am

My favorite thing is that WolfQuest is realistic. So many people mistake wolves to be something other than they really are, so this game can help educate them! If it was unreal, then it would be far less fun than it is now.

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:29 am

Probably because it's realistic. People might learn something of wolves, and that's probably one of the reasons i like WQ.
·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´
Wh¥ §hðµlÐ ï åþðlðgïzê £ðr hê mðñ§êr ï'vê ßê¢ðmê
ñð ðñê êvêr åþðlðgïzêÐ £ðr måkïñg mê hï§ wå¥
`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´
:: av/sig © Lupin/Samber ::

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 am

Good question. Personally, my favourite thing about WolfQuest is well, the community! I find everyone to be very friendly and welcoming; it's been in my life for quite some time now and I'm glad I managed to stumble across this place. I've made many friends and have had plenty of fun experiences within the community!

However, if we're talking more specifically about the game itself, then I would say that my favourite thing is the music. I find it quite calming, actually.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

llsaturnskiesll
Pup
Pup
Name: Amy

Post by llsaturnskiesll » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:30 am

I've always loved the realism in WolfQuest. The music is unique.The community is nice. With 2.7 on its way, my love for the game is only growing. I've been with WQ for a while like many of you have.
°‘¨¨‘°ºO
It's a ⇏ new ⇍ dawn
It's a ✶new✶ day
It's a new « life »
For → me
And i'm
ғειנη' gσσ∂
°‘¨¨‘°ºO
:: Signature © Samber ::

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:06 pm

WolfQuest makes the barrier between realistic and unrealistic more visible. Back then, I thought that wolves lived in packs with alphas, betas, deltas, omegas, guards, etc. and some wolves had blue eyes, and that wolf packs allowed loners in... WolfQuest cleared my vision on wolves. I learned a lot more than I planned on. It's like a school lesson, but it's a video game. The WQ team made the learning of wolves fun.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:22 pm

DerpBacon wrote:WolfQuest makes the barrier between realistic and unrealistic more visible. Back then, I thought that wolves lived in packs with alphas, betas, deltas, omegas, guards, etc. and some wolves had blue eyes, and that wolf packs allowed loners in... WolfQuest cleared my vision on wolves. I learned a lot more than I planned on. It's like a school lesson, but it's a video game. The WQ team made the learning of wolves fun.
Yes, I agree with this all the way! I also enjoy it because the game play was nice and challenging (although sometimes that can be frustrating), and it's just an overall lovely game
Last edited by SilkenGalaxy on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:46 am

CakeWolfy wrote:
DerpBacon wrote:WolfQuest makes the barrier between realistic and unrealistic more visible. Back then, I thought that wolves lived in packs with alphas, betas, deltas, omegas, guards, etc. and some wolves had blue eyes, and that wolf packs allowed loners in... WolfQuest cleared my vision on wolves. I learned a lot more than I planned on. It's like a school lesson, but it's a video game. The WQ team made the learning of wolves fun.
Yes, I agree with this all the way! I also enjoy it because the game play was nice and challenging (although sometimes that can be frustrating), and it's just an overall lovely game
I like that it's challenging because some people think that a wolf's life is easy when it's the complete opposite. WolfQuest teaches you that by throwing the elements at you and your pack.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:55 am

DerpBacon wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:
I like that it's challenging because some people think that a wolf's life is easy when it's the complete opposite. WolfQuest teaches you that by throwing the elements at you and your pack.
Yes, yes, yes, very true, and as frustrating it can get with the elements being thrown at you, even at the worst possible moments, it's all worth it, especially the pride you feel when you finally complete the game, and it's even more fulfilling if you complete it with all four pups!

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:10 pm

The visuals, and I love attaching personalities to my pups and raising a family tree.
"Hilbert! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!" ~ N Harmonia

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:45 am

The community as well for me. I wasn't really hugely into the game even when I first found it - I still really liked it, but I wasn't spending most of my time playing it (though a big part of that was multiplayer not working for me at the time). Instead, I spent most of my time on the forums, and still do spend a lot of time here even if not posting constantly. As SilverHybrid said, everyone has always been very friendly and welcoming to everyone, and I've made a lot of very good friends here and I don't like to think about where I'd be now if it weren't for them.

As for the game itself, I guess my favorite thing would be that it's educational? Considering there are so many misconceptions about wolves, it's good to have something like WQ around to accurately teach people about wolves.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

LakotaTheOmega
Pup
Pup

Post by LakotaTheOmega » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:53 am

I like the community on the forums. People are friendly. As for the game itself, well, I don't have it since it's not released for Android phones yet, but I'll be sure to get it if it does come out
M07PgE43Kk41NSRLI0cqQUo1JTVKWio3DQoNC

kIzR09OQCM3KiNPWSo3WSpaKjVKPc+AKk9A

Kelvin
Pup
Pup

Post by Kelvin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:18 pm

The new perspective. I'm a writer, and WolfQuest gives me a new setting to play around with. (Now to find out which state(s) Yellowstone is in...)
"My home is not a place. It is people, sir."
-Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar

"You can get a lot of things done in dreams."
Brian Jacques

Silver Mist Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Silver Mist Wolf » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:43 am

My favorite thing used to be just being able to control a wolf in a video game. Super neat! Now though, for the game specifically, my favorite thing is how family friendly and educational the game is. Yes, teens try to get around the filters and whatnot, but I'm seeing far, far less of that now that lexicon is gone. Eventually, I plan on introducing any children I have to this game.

But as I've gotten older, the community has taken a bigger role for me. Now, instead of spending most of my time in-game, I spend it here on the forums, getting to know other members and having discussions with them. I do regret not being active on the forum in the earlier years when things were popping, but on my return, I was able to integrate myself and not be pushed aside by cliques, as is the fate of some other games.

For that, I am grateful.

avatar/signature © Jeames/twinlinskis

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”