Lost River Discussion [Spoilers]

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Re: [2.7] Lost River Discussion [Spoilers]

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:44 pm

Those movie posters though! I still remember going on WQ for the first time with an account with my friends back in 2011, we would always meet at the moon tree and practically worship it like it was some church for wolves or something. :)

Also those little eggs you hid in that game, Dave, Grant, ZeRivet, ya'll are in there! Also there once was a mailbox laying on the road and me and my cousin kept staring at it from like 50 feet away, we thought it was a dead person. So she suggested we go eat him (Being the crazy person that she is) and on closer examination we discovered it was a mailbox. A MAILBOX!!! There was also this plane that kept flying around in our faces, Lost River is awesome and a little on the creepy side.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Captain Rora
Name: Anda, Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Post by Captain Rora » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:46 pm

When I first loaded up the game and puttied my way down on to the town and saw it in all it's glory, I pretty much threw up my hands and said "Well, looks like the zombie apocalypse finally got WolfQuest."

Hehe, I love exploring all the little nooks n' crannies and alleys of Lost River and chasing elk through 'em. Makes me feel like some sort of undead gangster wolf. Maybe the elk are from the mafia too, not to mention the beavers that apparently caused the whole thing. They probably set up that trap on the lookout, intending to trap and imprison you for all eternity [or until you reload your last save].

Them conspiracies man.
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:36 pm

...But can beavers melt steel beams? I think that's the real question that needs to be answered here. ;)
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:03 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:...But can beavers melt steel beams? I think that's the real question that needs to be answered here. ;)

Who knows what the mutant beavers of LR are capable of
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Captain Rora
Name: Anda, Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Post by Captain Rora » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Obviously the elk mafia did it. Everyone knows they have laser-vision. That of the zombie Van Winkle wolves blew it up. Who knows.
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

EpicNight
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EpicNight » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:30 am

Has anybody look at the news on the red box near the police station. All I can make out is

Evacuation
Mayor urgers haste, calm
Who's to blame?
Finger pointing begins
Wolf recovery program deemed "successful"

No picture because I am a noob. I hope that that helps with your theories and all. Maybe someone could find a way to read it too. I mean, why would a new report about an evacuation also include that last one?

MAYBE THE WOLVES WERE INTRODUCED TO FIGHT WHATEVER WAS THERE?!

WOLVES VRS MUTANT BEAVERS, WHO WILL WIN?!?? (wolves, duh)

But when I stand near some doors all I can think is "Wow, my wolf is huge!"

Maybe the beavers aren't the only geneticlly mutated animal?

Also those big towers near Hank's Ditch, all have the same slash going through them. But corrosion doesn't make a slash mark (I think) so what if something really big came through after? And what was in those towers?

And all those oil things or whatever, there not just around the outskirts, there next to homes as well. What are they and what are they doing there.

Also at the carnival, there is a massive ditch. Infact, there is weird ditches in a few places around the town. Why are they there? wouldn't they try to flatten the ground at the carnival so they could put more rides in? There are a few things off about the whole place.

sCREAMS INTO THE ABYSS

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!!
It is without a doubt, love.

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:28 am

Yeah, near the lake with the sunken houses there too is this weird ditch in the gound. It's simply a hole and whenever I get in there I get stuck but I am able to get out if I keep turning my wolf a lot. It's really weird.
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Maybe your wolf killed every human in the city and chased the rest off, the beavers just drowned Alison Acres, THEY ALL HAD A PART!
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 am

Those theories though....pretty intense...
Last edited by SilkenGalaxy on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:07 pm

I always kinda theorized it was like... a major drought and/or flood happened, causing the town to evacuate? Though if it were so simple, they would be back soon... so the whole apocalpyse thing fits pretty well still, all things considered.

The question is: where is everyone now, and are they still alive?? It almost feels like nature's taking over civilization, and that doesn't usually happen very quickly after something as big as an evacuation!
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:53 pm

altias wrote:I always kinda theorized it was like... a major drought and/or flood happened, causing the town to evacuate? Though if it were so simple, they would be back soon... so the whole apocalpyse thing fits pretty well still, all things considered.

The question is: where is everyone now, and are they still alive?? It almost feels like nature's taking over civilization, and that doesn't usually happen very quickly after something as big as an evacuation!
I was thinking the same thing, actually.Where did the people go to? Are they alive? Will they ever dare return to Lost River?

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:56 pm

CakeWolfy wrote:
altias wrote:I always kinda theorized it was like... a major drought and/or flood happened, causing the town to evacuate? Though if it were so simple, they would be back soon... so the whole apocalpyse thing fits pretty well still, all things considered.

I was thinking the same thing, actually.Where did the people go to? Are they alive? Will they ever dare return to Lost River?
I mean, you could always assume they're dead or that humankind is dying off - or maybe it's only a section of the world that had to evacuate. But things are so vague you can't really tell whether the human race is still alive in LR!
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:58 pm

altias wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:

I mean, you could always assume they're dead or that humankind is dying off - or maybe it's only a section of the world that had to evacuate. But things are so vague you can't really tell whether the human race is still alive in LR!
True,very true, there's no clear or specific evidence that certain things happen. All we can assume is mutant beavers, a large human evacuation or death, and now wolves and other animals have kinda taken over.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:50 pm

I finally managed to get the 'No Exit" achievment! Though I still have no clue what 'Where's the Other?' could be? Hmmm
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:37 pm

roguemoon wrote:I finally managed to get the 'No Exit" achievment! Though I still have no clue what 'Where's the Other?' could be? Hmmm
The WolfQuest Team (or maybe just Dave) seems to like placing/hiding boots in their maps...so try looking for a boot?
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”