[2.7] Lost River Discussion [Spoilers]

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Re: [2.7] Lost River Discussion [Spoilers]

Post by PearlyReborn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:42 am

I have some speculation- So, we know BCE created Floppy/MotL, as evidenced by Dave. Additionally, on the newspaper, you can see the headline "Wolf recovery program deemed a "success"". But why is "success" in quotes? Maybe BCE was involved (we already know they were involved with animals) and did something to the wolves-something horrifying that might have forced the humans to leave the city? Maybe the "I fought the power and the power won" message referred to protesting the BCE experiments? Maybe BCE made the river disappear as well?

But the question is... What did they do to the wolves?

(This is just pure speculation)
"Hilbert! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!" ~ N Harmonia

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:44 am

Considering you play as relatively healthy wolves (unless you choose "Limpy"), I don't think the scientists did anything dramatic to them that would have forced humans out.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 am

Koa wrote:Considering you play as relatively healthy wolves (unless you choose "Limpy"), I don't think the scientists did anything dramatic to them that would have forced humans out.
Doesn't it say your parents originally lived in Yellowstone and traveled to Lost River? (emphasis on traveled) You weren't involved with the BCE facility but the wolves from the local packs might have.
"Hilbert! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!" ~ N Harmonia

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:55 am

PearlyReborn wrote:
Koa wrote:Considering you play as relatively healthy wolves (unless you choose "Limpy"), I don't think the scientists did anything dramatic to them that would have forced humans out.
Doesn't it say your parents originally lived in Yellowstone and traveled to Lost River? (emphasis on traveled) You weren't involved with the BCE facility but the wolves from the local packs might have.
Fair point, but the local packs (at least the ones you have the option to choose your mate from) also seem healthy. Interesting theory, though. I would not be surprised if the backstory of Lost River involves the... shenanigans of the BCE facility.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

DinoDogDude209
Pup
Pup

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:01 pm

I know this thread has been inactive for quite some time, but I would like to point out that I made an unofficial lore document a while back, and will likely continue to edit and add to it in the future. I do plan on adding more to it at some point, perhaps including some of the sinister things that may have been happening at the BCE Facility. Currently, I'm mostly waiting for WolfQuest 3 to come out to see if any drastic changes are made to Lost River before I add much more to it. Bear in mind that this document is entirely fanmade and is based on inferences found in the map, so it may be proven completely incorrect if the map is changed in future updates. This unofficial lore is loosely based off of the stories of the Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear disasters, and is only my speculation. If you want to view the document for yourself, a link to it is below. If you have any ideas that you think would fit this unofficial lore well, feel free to PM me your suggestions, and I may take them into consideration for future additions to the document.
Link to document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C6U ... sp=sharing

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”