2.7 Puppy coat inheritance chart

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: 2.7 Puppy coat inheritance chart

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:02 pm

WildLupin wrote:This is a really cool chart! However im wondering if the pup's color coat can be inherited from getting a mate in Singleplayer since it's complicated when both wolves have a different coat color...

And another question(if anyone can answer this ._.)
On Multiplayer where you can play with other players to raise the pups, does the coat inherit from anyone?(besides our wolf character we made) because some times whenever i play the Multiplayer version, it looks like the wolf i created, about 1 or 2 pups looks like it... While some times they look completely different

So if anyone can answer the question above, thank you so much :D
I 'think' its based off of everybody's coat colours in the game room/pack at the time the puppies are created. So if your packmates are a variety of coat colours, then the pups will be a variety of colours, and vice versa.

At least, that's what I've experienced?
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Azuris
Pup
Pup
Name: Azu, Azure

Post by Azuris » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Oh okay then, because when i first created the server before anyone else joins, the pups had already a different colour coat while at least only 1 inherited my wolf character
(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ʌȥυяɪʂ¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)

Δи Ɩ'ʌɛ вɛɛи ωяσиɢ, Ɩ'ʌɛ вɛɛи σωи
βɛɛи тσ тнɛ вσттσм σғ ɛʌɛяʏ вσттɛ
Ƭнɛƨɛ ғιʌɛ ωσяƨ ιи мʏ нɛα
Ƨcяɛαм "Δяɛ ωɛ нαʌιиɢ ғʋи ʏɛт?"

Avvie/Sig©by:Me
Avvie shop

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:44 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:
WildLupin wrote:This is a really cool chart! However im wondering if the pup's color coat can be inherited from getting a mate in Singleplayer since it's complicated when both wolves have a different coat color...

And another question(if anyone can answer this ._.)
On Multiplayer where you can play with other players to raise the pups, does the coat inherit from anyone?(besides our wolf character we made) because some times whenever i play the Multiplayer version, it looks like the wolf i created, about 1 or 2 pups looks like it... While some times they look completely different

I 'think' its based off of everybody's coat colours in the game room/pack at the time the puppies are created. So if your packmates are a variety of coat colours, then the pups will be a variety of colours, and vice versa.

At least, that's what I've experienced?
I think so, too. From what I've seen, the only puppy colours that spawn are ones belonging to players who were present at the time of their birthing.
I have to wonder something else, though: is there anything that impacts how many puppies resemble which player? I've been in games before where no puppies looked like me and ones where half of them did (even though I've never hosted one of the games with other people myself). Perhaps it's just totally randomized and I've been lucky?
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory
Lost River will never be the same.

Azuris
Pup
Pup

Post by Azuris » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:45 am

Im not sure too though, because when i joined a server and i think two pups looked like the user who made the server and i guess the other two was from another wolf that had recently joined the game?

Avvie shop

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:21 am

WildLupin wrote:Im not sure too though, because when i joined a server and i think two pups looked like the user who made the server and i guess the other two was from another wolf that had recently joined the game?
I think that's what happened. If it had only been the owner present, all the puppies would look like them. I've tested it out before and that seems to be the case every time.

Here's something I just thought of: do you figure that it'd be possible to get a pure white puppy in multiplayer? Like if the server creator's wolf had enough EXP? I haven't heard much about anything when it comes to the pure white puppy in 2.7, but it's a thought. It would make sense if it wasn't possible, and it's more likely, but it'd be sorta neat.
The Beaver Theory

Pokemonz
Pup
Pup

Post by Pokemonz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:43 am

Thank you so moocher this! It will make getting pups the color I want 10x easier.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Dorken wrote:Here's something I just thought of: do you figure that it'd be possible to get a pure white puppy in multiplayer? Like if the server creator's wolf had enough EXP?
Went ahead and tested this because I've been curious about it as well - as a session host with no participants, the last pup was noticeably lighter or paler than its siblings. Unlike 2.5, this pup isn't *pure* white. So we know the mechanic is still there. I have yet to see how this works as a participant; last time I played the Slough Creek co-op scenario I didn't quite meet the requirement.

Screenshots- Single player | Multiplayer

May try to accumulate experience points on my other wolves and see what other white puppy variations exist... or I could just save time by tweaking Nightra's pelage options. ^^
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Neamara wrote:
Dorken wrote:Here's something I just thought of: do you figure that it'd be possible to get a pure white puppy in multiplayer? Like if the server creator's wolf had enough EXP?
Went ahead and tested this because I've been curious about it as well - as a session host with no participants, the last pup was noticeably brighter than its siblings. Unlike 2.5, this pup isn't *pure* white. So we know the mechanic is still there. I have yet to see how this works as a participant; last time I played the Slough Creek co-op scenario I didn't quite meet the requirement.

May try to accumulate experience points on my other wolves and see what other white puppy variations exist. May just save time by tweaking Nightra's pelage options. ^^
Ooooh, that's really interesting! I had no clue the 2.7 "pure white" pup was just a lighter variant of its siblings.
Now we'll have to see what sort of oddball puppies come from the other litter colours as well. Oh man, have we got our work cut out for us.
The Beaver Theory

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:02 pm

WildLupin wrote:

I might be able to answer! When the pups are initially born, they take on the pelt coloration of both you and whoever else is playing - and usually, if you were one of the first 4 people to join besides the host, you can nickname a pup or two as well. When I was playing with someone else via the Raise Pups gamemode, the pups came out 50/50 - two looked like the other player's wolf and two looked like mine!

eta: didn't realize that like three other people answered this before me. whoopsie
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

Azuris
Pup
Pup

Post by Azuris » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Oh, thats really cool! Thanks for answering, though i just played it again today and none of the pups looked like me even if i made the server, two pups are white and the others are kinda cream/tan-ish look... My wolf's coat is grey though so idek xD

Avvie shop

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:55 pm

WildLupin wrote:Oh, thats really cool! Thanks for answering, though i just played it again today and none of the pups looked like me even if i made the server, two pups are white and the others are kinda cream/tan-ish look... My wolf's coat is grey though so idek xD
Were there other people in your server when they were born or were you alone? I've never heard of something like that happening with only one person around, though it may be possible?
The Beaver Theory

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Dorken wrote:
Neamara wrote:
Went ahead and tested this because I've been curious about it as well - as a session host with no participants, the last pup was noticeably brighter than its siblings. Unlike 2.5, this pup isn't *pure* white. So we know the mechanic is still there. I have yet to see how this works as a participant; last time I played the Slough Creek co-op scenario I didn't quite meet the requirement.

May try to accumulate experience points on my other wolves and see what other white puppy variations exist. May just save time by tweaking Nightra's pelage options. ^^
Ooooh, that's really interesting! I had no clue the 2.7 "pure white" pup was just a lighter variant of its siblings.
Now we'll have to see what sort of oddball puppies come from the other litter colours as well. Oh man, have we got our work cut out for us.
I had a pup that was supposed to look like me in a Co-Op game, the grey coat with the color tinting significantly darkened, but it was an 'albino pup' instead, like the one in 2.5. Understand I only had 2,000 XP, as well as the fact I've had several pups in several games, but not like this. So, I'm not sure if that theory is true.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:48 am

Thanks for the information on these chart specifications, Frodo! You put a lot of time and effort in making us understand this. Now it really clarifies for me, purposely for how far I advanced in single player. ^^;
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Anyone know of the best pelt colorations of your wolf and your mate that produces the best color variety in the pups?

I've often wondered what would be a good choice of color for my mate based on my wolf Rustic's coloration which is sort of a rust brown color.
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae16 ... buprq9.png

Auburn_CardinalWolf
Pup
Pup

Post by Auburn_CardinalWolf » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Wow, this is really cool :D I didn't know there were so many pup fur variations! These are adorable.
Cardinal like the color red!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”