Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by roguemoon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:10 am

Keyyva wrote:I'm not sure what this little video is at the bottom corner -- i'm assuming I did not see it cause of my settings.

It was in the 2.5 version. Basically if you intruded on another pack's territory during the pup-raising mission, a little video would show in the corner of your screen of a stranger wolf running towards you and then you would be teleported away from their border.

And I tested the no-collar theory for a bit, seems that a plane does not appear if you don't have a collar! So cool.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."
Avatar credit to Lupinz

User avatar
Keyyva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:56 am
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by Keyyva » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:17 am

roguemoon wrote:
Keyyva wrote:I'm not sure what this little video is at the bottom corner -- i'm assuming I did not see it cause of my settings.

It was in the 2.5 version. Basically if you intruded on another pack's territory during the pup-raising mission, a little video would show in the corner of your screen of a stranger wolf running towards you and then you would be teleported away from their border.

And I tested the no-collar theory for a bit, seems that a plane does not appear if you don't have a collar! So cool.
Oh that! I was not in the pup mission when I went into the territory :p
The whole time I played i did not have a collar on (ehh... maybe 4 hours or so)
Character © Keyyva
Avatar © Vexi - http://vexiwolf.deviantart.com [Used with permission]

User avatar
SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:53 am

Huh....I'll have to test that collar theory for myself.

I know for the first couple of betas, when I DID hear the plane, my wolf had a collar on. But I never put 2 and 2 together and thought that maybe the collar was attracting the plane in the first place.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Avatar is copyright Koa

User avatar
Jeames
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 4153
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am
Name: Jeames, Jea
Gender: Other
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by Jeames » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:10 am

I know about the collar, it's awesome! c:

And did you know that predator wolves attack your pups? Now not only bears and coyotes want to come and murder them. c;
At first I was like: ''Is that a big, weird looking coyote?''
It killed my pup and I started chasing it and then I saw the health bar and it said: ''Predator Wolf''
I was like: ''Wooooooooow! Awesome!''
. - Jeames - .

For the last time,
I am a STICK okay?!?!
Oh and I own Paradiigm.
Now I must go annoy Dom.
sig/av ↝ Paradiigm/noir_187

User avatar
SilkenGalaxy
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1049
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 am
Name: Alex
Gender: Female
Location: Florida

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:00 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:Huh....I'll have to test that collar theory for myself.

I know for the first couple of betas, when I DID hear the plane, my wolf had a collar on. But I never put 2 and 2 together and thought that maybe the collar was attracting the plane in the first place.
Ooh! That sounds cool, the airplane sounds that play if you're wearing a collar!

User avatar
Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:41 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Hammerspace
Contact:

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by Dorken » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:42 am

roguemoon wrote:And yes, the new water is great! It's more realistic and the swimming animation is awesome. Do the other animals swim too?

I also noticed how stranger wolves behave in SC, really really cool! And I like it much more than the little video in the corner showing the wolf running up to you. It's cool to see the rival pack coming up to you and growling.
So far as I've seen, it doesn't look like any other animals have a swimming animation, just their walking one.
I love the new stranger wolves in SC. I guess I've never gotten close enough to hear them growling, but I was surprised to see them run up to the border and stare at me and my mate when we were on the way to a densite. Really neat addition.
Semper Solus wrote:And did you know that predator wolves attack your pups? Now not only bears and coyotes want to come and murder them. c;
At first I was like: ''Is that a big, weird looking coyote?''
It killed my pup and I started chasing it and then I saw the health bar and it said: ''Predator Wolf''
I was like: ''Wooooooooow! Awesome!''
Oh gosh, I love that addition too. Stranger wolves being a direct threat towards puppies really caught me off guard because in the past the worst they did was keep you from getting back to the den lol. Scared the living daylights outta me, but it's really rad.
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory
Lost River will never be the same.

User avatar
Sasseraph
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:42 am
Name: Sass
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by Sasseraph » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Oh wow, I did not know about the collar/plane connection! Heh, does anyone know if it is clientside, or does this mean I am creating a slight annoyance with the plane sounds when I play multiplayer with my main wolf then? Honestly I was not going to use the collar at first, but now I am sort of glad I did!

User avatar
SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:18 pm

WaterfallRush wrote:Oh wow, I did not know about the collar/plane connection! Heh, does anyone know if it is clientside, or does this mean I am creating a slight annoyance with the plane sounds when I play multiplayer with my main wolf then? Honestly I was not going to use the collar at first, but now I am sort of glad I did!
Well, I've never heard the plane in multiplayer (I didn't have a collar), but I think other beta testers (who did have a collar) heard the plane so....?
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Avatar is copyright Koa

User avatar
Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:41 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Hammerspace
Contact:

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by Dorken » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:
WaterfallRush wrote:Oh wow, I did not know about the collar/plane connection! Heh, does anyone know if it is clientside, or does this mean I am creating a slight annoyance with the plane sounds when I play multiplayer with my main wolf then? Honestly I was not going to use the collar at first, but now I am sort of glad I did!
Well, I've never heard the plane in multiplayer (I didn't have a collar), but I think other beta testers (who did have a collar) heard the plane so....?
I'm not a beta tester, of course, but I've heard the plane in multiplayer mode. Never seen it, but I've heard it once or twice.
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory
Lost River will never be the same.

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by roguemoon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Oh what rival wolves will chase your pups now? O_o glad I got a warning! That would throw me off guard.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."
Avatar credit to Lupinz

User avatar
SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Okay, plane/collar theory confirmed.

Dave said the plane is programmed to appear when you have the tracking collar on. So...that's cool!
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Avatar is copyright Koa

User avatar
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:49 pm
Name: Dusk
Gender: Female

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by duskypack » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:56 pm

I've noticed there aren't any stranger wolves in Multiplayer co-op. I guess it's so you won't mistake your packmates for strangers, or vice versa!

I've heard the plane before, I thought it was an audio glitch! I never play with a radio collar, but I'll try playing with it and see if I can spot this plane.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by roguemoon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:14 pm

The stranger wolves don't appear in your territory in the multiplayer co-op, at least not that I've experienced, but they do still appear at their borders.

And aaah it's so cool they put that feature in for the collars! Very clever.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."
Avatar credit to Lupinz

User avatar
WQlf
Pup
Pup
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by WQlf » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Lol I chased a bear into the flooded town of LR once, it glitched out and seemed to run on water. I took a picture of the plane in multiplayer SC, though! :D I cropped it so you could see it better, but it's a fairly small image as the plane was very far away.




To be honest at first I thought it was a helicopter, but when I actually got a good look at it I realized what it really was.

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by roguemoon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:20 pm

I'm gonna see if I can get right underneath it for a screenshot haha. The last time I played it went past the same spot each time
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."
Avatar credit to Lupinz

Post Reply

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”