Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: Changes/additions to the old maps in 2.7

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:34 am

Tsuri wrote:I feel like I don't get my achievements on time. I've gone to visit the campfire and the boot in both multiplayer and singleplayer versions of AM, but I still haven't gotten any achievements for it. :C
That's weird. Are you sure you're logged in (in-game) when you try? Achievements don't trigger if you're not logged in.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:14 am

Yes, I'm logged in at all times and am able to play multiplayer games.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:00 pm

There's actually quite of a lot of things I'm fond of when it comes to changes and additions that have been made to 2.7. Some of which include;
  • Updated graphics - Now that I'm able to play WolfQuest on fantastic with shadows thanks to my new laptop, I can really appreciate the updated graphics for the game. It's sort of amusing that the fantastic quality for 2.5 is identical/similar to that of fast mode for 2.7, but it really does show how much the graphics have been improved. The water looks even more beautiful with the updated graphics too. While I'm not someone who believes that only graphics are important for a game, its nice to have WQ more pleasing to the eye than it was previously.
  • Customisation options (mostly the scars) - I say this because being able to have scars on your wolf is something that users had asked for for a long time, so I think it's rewarding for players to have things that were desired added into the game. Plus they look awesome anyway!
  • Wind - Honestly I would probably say that this is my favourite addition... Mostly due to the fact that I feel like it really changes my perspective on how hunting is done in the game and how I actually go about hunting; it feels a lot more realistic. I find myself being more strategic with the way I hunt (e.g. how to go about finding scent trails).
  • Plane & radio collar - While minor in comparison to other major features, I feel like it's really neat that the plane only seems to be heard and seen when your wolf is wearing the radio collar.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:46 am

My first wolf in the paid version has the Radio Collar (which i looooove) and well,i saw the plane many times in all of the places :3 Even LR. Once i saw the shadow of it on the ground for certain! But it was once ;-; And saw the white plane only in AM,then i just heard it in SC and LR.I love this addition!

Am i the only one having problems with pups mission in multiplayer? After a while of playing,every animal....disappears? And the game stays like that.Can't send messages then.Only trees,ground etc. stays as it was. I have to restart the server then D: It's kinda frustrating,and my internet is running smoothly,so i don't know what's wrong?

As i said in the beginning,i love the new version! :D I haven't found any human thingies in AM yet :D I still have to finish my pups mission in SC ^_^

I started to wonder if there would be any more versions after 2.7,would it be for free for those who already bought the game? :3
~Please,don't copy or use anywhere my profile avatar,it's done fully by myself.It has a little "SHAD" somewhere on it,so it's credited~

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:57 am

Shadziulec wrote:i saw the plane many times in all of the places :3 Even LR.
Hmm, the airplane should not be in LR. Can you get a picture of it?
Shadziulec wrote:Am i the only one having problems with pups mission in multiplayer? After a while of playing,every animal....disappears? And the game stays like that.Can't send messages then.Only trees,ground etc. stays as it was. I have to restart the server then D: It's kinda frustrating,and my internet is running smoothly,so i don't know what's wrong?
We've gotten a couple reports of that, but we can't replicate it ourselves. It would be great if you could try to do that. What we really need is a pattern of occurrence -- what can we do to replicate it on our end, so we can then try to figure out why it happens. Ideally, a saved game which we can load, and then follow your instructions on how to make it happen. Plus a log file from a game in which it happened. Here's more on filing a bug report: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=77975
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Post by duskypack » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:04 am

I have a weird auto save glitch where I can raise pups while my mate is... dead? When I have them the pups are grey, and then when I reload they are brown. Eh, that's not a glitch I really don't mind being not-fixed. It makes the summer journey quite challenging!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Oh,yes,it might not appeared in LR because i messed something.My wolf in LR is different and doesn't have the radio collar,so i couldn't see it anyway,so there is no bug,hehe,sorry! ^_^'

And okay,i will try to write all the things you need :3 It happens everytime I try to make a server.After a minute of play or 2-3.
~Please,don't copy or use anywhere my profile avatar,it's done fully by myself.It has a little "SHAD" somewhere on it,so it's credited~

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:40 pm

The same has happened to me
Go your own way

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Finally after thousands of years I've managed to find every single campfire, and thus have completed all my Places achievments! Woot!

Also, I really love the broken boulders around the butte in SC. They're a lot of fun and make for good screenshot ops.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Azuline
Pup
Pup
Name: Toby

Post by Azuline » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:22 am

I really love the additions added to this game. The fossil forest looks really cool, I can't remember if it was in 2.5 or not, but it still looks really nice.
I love the customization and the graphics, the game has come a long way since the days I first started playing it. It makes me happy to see the game updating and thriving.
"Blessed are the children of the Horned One."
:moose:

-S.J. Tucker

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:56 pm

Azuline wrote:I really love the additions added to this game. The fossil forest looks really cool, I can't remember if it was in 2.5 or not, but it still looks really nice.
I love the customization and the graphics, the game has come a long way since the days I first started playing it. It makes me happy to see the game updating and thriving.

They didn't have it in 2.5, but I've loved it ever since I first tried 2.7. It's sooo pretty.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Phasoli » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:50 am

Are the stranger wolves supposed to still be there in the Slough Creek Maps outside of the pup missions? Haha, I had gone into what was normally stranger wolf territory in Slough Creek during a multiplayer session, and there they were, bounding about and bunched up in their little group. It gave me the option to attack them, but I couldn't, and I ended up glitching out. But they're funny to watch. They seem to get excited when you approach them. I would say that's a change.
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:42 am

Tsuri wrote:Are the stranger wolves supposed to still be there in the Slough Creek Maps outside of the pup missions? Haha, I had gone into what was normally stranger wolf territory in Slough Creek during a multiplayer session, and there they were, bounding about and bunched up in their little group. It gave me the option to attack them, but I couldn't, and I ended up glitching out. But they're funny to watch. They seem to get excited when you approach them. I would say that's a change.
That'll be fixed in next week's patch.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:32 am

option to attack?? there was an option?
Go your own way

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Phasoli » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:17 am

Wolvencall wrote:option to attack?? there was an option?
the little attack logo you get when hunting elk would come up, but you can't actually bite them. It just throws off your sense of steering dramatically, and you're glitched out suddenly.
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”