WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

ViperBrains

Re: WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Post by ViperBrains » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:05 pm

To me it is definitely worth the cost,

The visuals are beautiful and the game is very well designed. The multiplayer gives you a good opportunity to make friends and it's very enjoyable to do rping. Quite frankly it's cheaper then most other games.
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

wolverine18
Pup
Pup

Post by wolverine18 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:25 pm

With the improved graphics and smarter AI both single player and multiplayer are both amazing. Multiplayer is a good way to meet other wolf lovers, and role play is fun too. To me $10 is very worth it!! if I were you I would invest the $10 into the game! :D :D :wolf: :wolf:

Kiko14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kiko14 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:40 pm

I think it is worth it, however I think it is a bit pricey, but I am glad I spent the money to get the game. I wish it could be a little cheapeer, the game is worth it, I'm just kind of a cheap person ;). I recommend you get the game, 9/10. The graphics are amazing, and everything is amazing, I hardly EVER get glitches so that's always nice.

Shadowseek
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shadowseek » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:24 am

2.7 is quite better than 2.5 but I have not bought 2.7 yet but I have seen people play it on youtube it looks A M A Z I N G ! There is new animals, new predators and all kinds of stuff! Is 2.7 worth 10 dollars? Yes. Also I have a question WQ, If we don't have a credit card and we have 10 bucks how do we get the game?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:12 am

Shadowseek wrote:Also I have a question WQ, If we don't have a credit card and we have 10 bucks how do we get the game?
This partially depends on the platform you are attempting to purchase WolfQuest through, but I believe the majority if not all of these platforms accept other services such as PayPal. In the case of the iOS App Store and Steam, you should also be able to purchase a (physical) gift/store credit card, upload your credit to the respective account, and purchase the game with that. I recommend you look into the payment options of the store that you would like to buy the game from, as I am sure there should be plenty of other options other than a credit card available.

Riu123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: sophia

Post by Riu123 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:38 pm

Of course it is worth it! And even now new and high quality episode is coming.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:54 pm

I got the game with all included DLC, and --yes, of COURSE it's worth it! Some games are like, say, SIXTY bucks? Uh... yeah, it's totally worth it! When I first saw this game on Steam, I looked at the reviews, and they were all pretty good! I got the game, and was shocked at how good the music was, and how fluffy and real the pups looked. All this amazing art... for ten bucks?

SkollWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Skoll

Post by SkollWolf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 am

In my opinion it really is worth it. 2.7 is way better than 2.5, not only gameplay-based but also the graphics and improved AI. I am not a big fan of multiplayer, personally, but the ability to raise pups along with your friends is really cool and no one should miss it.

Besides, if you purchase 2.7 you will be able to play the Anniversary Edition for free, which, so far, is looking great! I definetely don't regret buying WolfQuest 2.7 and, although 2.5 was good, 2.7 is way better.
"The soul that
sees beauty
m
ay sometimes
w
alk alone."

Playing WolfQuest since 2008.

RedChimera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by RedChimera » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:50 pm

I personally loved 2.5 when I first downloaded it. I didn't even really think that anything could be added to it. That was, until I met 2.7. WolfQuest 2.7 has so much more to offer than 2.5 does. You can hunt more types of animals, raise pups with your actual friends and other players instead of only with CPU, and you can pick from so many amazing coat colors and accessories! Definitely worth the $10, no hesitation. I've played the game since time immemorial, and I have to say that I hesitated at first to pay for an upgrade, but once I convinced myself to I very much enjoyed the update. Thinking back about it now, I couldn't imagine not having purchased the new game. Like I see in some other comments, I will say that the feature to disable lexicon chat has taken away from the bonding experience I had in 2.5, but I understand that due to the inappropriate nature of some older players' language and the lack of universal morals, WolfQuest administration couldn't risk a younger person playing the game coming across sexual innuendos and inappropriate conversation/cursing /cursing replacements in the chats. Lexicon chat is still available in 2.7, however it must be selected by the server creator, and not all server creators go with that option. Overall, 2.7 is the best thing to happen to this game until WolfQuest 3 comes out!! (SO EXCITED!!! :D :moose: :wolf: )

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 am

I think it's worth the money. Multiplayer is awesome, and raising pups is a fun challenge. Though if you're willing to wait a few months, it might be worth waiting for WolfQuest 3 instead. But then you would be missing out on a lot of WolfQuest fun until then... It's a one-time payment for so much extra fun. And even if you get WolfQuest 3 when it comes out, you can still go back to 2.7. I would recommend playing the free version first though, and if you enjoy it, you will almost definitely enjoy 2.7. If you do get the game, and you're looking to raise pups, make sure you're prepared to chase off those predators. Also, don't forget to get food for your pups. If you leave them to go hunting, you should expect to see a predator waiting when you return. It's important to deal with the danger first. Oh, and one more thing... Watch out for coyotes, they're small, fast, and kinda hard catch. Make sure you look closely, just in case one is hiding somewhere. I hope this helps :wink:
Last edited by ForeverEverest on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup
Name: Birdie/Goose

Post by ArgentsArrows » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:11 pm

2.7 is definitely worth the money! I'd been a little reluctant to buy it since it came out, but I'm glad I did earlier this month. The graphics and just overall game are amazing. Multiplayer has improved a LOT since 2.5, and the in-game messaging / friends / achievements system add to the gameplay. You can contact friends to set up dates to play, friend people you want to keep track of if you have an amazing game, and the achievements give you goals so you can unlock every one.

Lost River is an amazing addition, as well. I love the look, and the houses / abandoned buildings / town make it even better. Kind of mysterious, I guess.

Definitely glad I spent the $10.
the curves of your lips rewrite history

Northings
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Northings » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Definitely worth it! Not only is there more additions (Animals, coats, maps, howls, new chats etc) but I feel that $10 is what helped WQ grow and is why episode 3 is in the works. Definitely don't regret it, and happy to see the money is going to the game itself for better improvements. :wolf:

Est. Early 2012 | Former Wolf RPer

tranquilitized
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by tranquilitized » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 pm

When I want to buy the game, can I trust Itch.io to pay for it on my windows computer?

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup
Name: Birdie/Goose

Post by ArgentsArrows » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:19 am

tranquilitized wrote:When I want to buy the game, can I trust Itch.io to pay for it on my windows computer?
Yes, I have windows and nothing bad happened to it after using itch.io
No viruses, no popups, nothing. It's safe.
the curves of your lips rewrite history

Poa
Pup
Pup
Name: Twister

Post by Poa » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:47 am

I'm curious, is it best to buy the game here on the official site, on Steam, or on Itch.io?

I'm not going to buy it quite yet, (there are both monthly contests, and my birthday coming up in a couple months) but if I do end up buying it, I'm curious, which method of getting it would you all recommend?
Hello! I am Twister, a younger gal who found a cool wolf simulator through a popular YouTuber years ago, and sense downloaded WQ 2.7

(Wolf in my avatar is Orangeslice, founder of my pack, GlacierPack)

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”