Phrase Chat suggestions

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Violet 2010
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Phrase Chat suggestions

Post by Violet 2010 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:12 am

I thought maybe adding, "Cross the river here." Would be helpful in the pup mission, and would also fall in the "Pups" category, I've seen many people crossing just about anywhere and killing the pups and other players are unable to help them and tell them where to cross. I even tried saying "Sandbar" But that isn't clear enough.I hope this helps. :)
Hai.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Violet 2010 wrote:I thought maybe adding, "Cross the river here." Would be helpful in the pup mission, and would also fall in the "Pups" category, I've seen many people crossing just about anywhere and killing the pups and other players are unable to help them and tell them where to cross. I even tried saying "Sandbar" But that isn't clear enough.I hope this helps. :)

Even just something like "shallow crossing" under Places would be suitable I think. You could connect it with other phrases and get the message across well enough. I'm not sure if there's a phrase along the lines of "don't cross there/don't cross deep water!" but there should be. However I do think most players have discovered you cannot successfully swim the river with a pup, so perhaps it's not really necessary.

I do have a question also, is there any way predators can reach the pups after the "the pups are safe inside the den until you return" message flashes up? I'm assuming not, but I'm always worried a bear or stranger wolf may be able to potentially break inside so I don't like to leave the den alone for long.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

renny uwu
Pup
Pup
Name: Renn, Renee, Copper

Post by renny uwu » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Dunno if something like this has been suggested but here; 'I give in!' and stuff like that maybe when people in multiplayer RP they put 'I'm boss, back off!' and like that and what not.

N̷o̷ ̷o̷n̷e̷ is going to be with you
s̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̿̿̿̿̿̿ʏ̲̲̿ you will have to be a̧̪͍̫̼͇̕͡l̻̮̠͕̦̙o̸̴͉̼̗͞n̵̴̡̫̯̥͕̟̻̟e̯̰̘̝̟̜

avatar/sig © renny uwu/twinlinskis

EpicNight
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EpicNight » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:55 am

"There is a lot of lag" and "I have a glitch" would be really nice. I joined a game and ended up exiting that session because of the lag. I wanted to inform the host that that was the reason but couldn't really find a way. Also I picked up a pup and couldn't put it down. I felt bad because I didn't know how to tell everyone that it was a glitch and I wasn't just playing favourites or something.

You could actually have both these phrases and I just haven't seen them. In that case, please ignore this.

Also a few phrases like "I have strong stats," "I have fast stats," "I have good stamia," and "I have balanced stats," would be nice. It would help us coridanate hunts easier because we would be able to know which wolves are faster, stronger and can run the longest and plan accordingly.

Unless you have something like these phrases and I just haven't seen them. In that case, please ignore this.
It is without a doubt, love.

wolfiepaws100
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolfiepaws100 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:06 am

Well, i think making a new category with some connecting words like: It, as, and, you, come, go, to etc. its very annoying when you can only say thigs like: Rex Indie bison peak. Or cow elk saddle meadows.
I hope you understand and add this to the game :mrgreen:
it would be very useful.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:36 am

I think being able to ask "does anyone have pup food?" and saying "I have pup food" would be handy, then players know if the puppies can be fed if necessary and if someone needs to find food or not. And "wait for me" or "I'm falling behind" would be handy too.

lonewolf3656
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by lonewolf3656 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 am

Can you at least make sure that private severs work so i can play with my friends in text chat on wolfquest 2.5, and also in phrase chat could you add like come over here something like that, and add the places of where the dens are, also, can you say that im a lone wolf or im a parent, like family stuff cos that would be good. i like family rp, but im not sure if you would are aloud im not sure if thats inappropriate or something, so could you inform me please...

Shadow

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:33 pm

lonewolf3656 wrote:Can you at least make sure that private severs work so i can play with my friends in text chat on wolfquest 2.5, and also in phrase chat could you add like come over here something like that, and add the places of where the dens are, also, can you say that im a lone wolf or im a parent, like family stuff cos that would be good. i like family rp, but im not sure if you would are aloud im not sure if thats inappropriate or something, so could you inform me please...

Shadow
Any bugs/problems present in 2.5 will not be fixed. If you want those problems to go away then you'll need to get 2.7.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:03 pm

I have only one suggestion: Not all of the phrases should have a happy go lucky, "lets be friends" type of attitude. Kids are sugarcoated enough these days, and while I dont believe anything should be too harsh or mean there should at least be phrases such as "I don't think that's a good idea" et cetera. It would encompass more different opinions.

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Not all phrases are actually happy go lucky, one of the exclamations is "Come back here!" and some are actually calm and not as happy as the "Hi!" phrase.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:24 pm

Updated PhraseChat is online now. Still some room in some categories for more phrases, so post suggestions below.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:33 pm

I do not remember what words we have for phrases, hehe. But is there a "Back away" or "Back away slowly" phrase? That would be nice to have when it comes from avoiding predator contact or keeping low from elk or just submitting. :)
Maybe some more when it comes to exploring and crossing the river, etc.

"The river is too current!" or "The river is too strong!"

"
Pelican wrote:I have only one suggestion: Not all of the phrases should have a happy go lucky, "lets be friends" type of attitude. Kids are sugarcoated enough these days, and while I dont believe anything should be too harsh or mean there should at least be phrases such as "I don't think that's a good idea" et cetera. It would encompass more different opinions.
I agree to this idea, because to keep everything in it's own ordinary way, some phrases should be straight to the point without any exclamations advised. "What are you doing" and "What do you think you are doing?" may be another altered opinion on approach. Not to allow users to also take advantage to be stern or obtuse, a "That's not fair" without the obvious ! would be another source to use. Like I believe having words separate from punctuation would be nice, though couldn't use them alone but at the end of words too. Yet, only allowed to use one or two punctuations, so that users do not spam the phrase box with a constant amount of punctuations.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:47 pm

So one issue I have is when I send someone a friend request, I have no idea what their username is unless it's similiar to their wolfs name. I would appreciate having their username displayed next to their wolfs name under the players menu, would make things a lot easier. Unless there's some way to check their username that I don't know about?

Ex. MoonMoon (@roguemoon)

lord_legendary_wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by lord_legendary_wolf » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:00 am

A COPY OF THE GAME THATS FOR 13+ !!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:05 am

lord_legendary_wolf wrote:A COPY OF THE GAME THATS FOR 13+ !!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • 1. Please watch caps and punctuation usage, as excessive caps/punctuation is considered spam.
    2. Please stay on topic. This thread is for suggestions for phrase chat, not game suggestions.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”