Phrase Chat suggestions

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Dj SheepWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Massa

Re: Phrase Chat suggestions

Post by Dj SheepWolf » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Well, after the lexicon chat was removed, I'd rather not use chat, because it makes the game more realistic. But I want to help improve the phrases chat, then would be good personality and appearance phrases to describe the character, as shy, lonely, eye such color, fur such color etc.

My Artworks Shop
My DeviantART

•°•°•°•∞|•·×±×·•|∞•°•°•°•
Maybe it was all in my mind,
But why should that mean
It is not real?
•°•°•°•∞|•·×±×·•|∞•°•°•°•
Sig × Black Burn
──────────────────
FIRE VALLEY PACK
ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ - ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ
ᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ
──────────────────
,---------------,
| Coca-Cola |,,|"""\,__,
| _________ |,,||_|_ ||)
/(@)(@)**/(@)***/(@)

altias
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Rowan

Post by altias » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:42 pm

I'd really appreciate a "What are you doing?" phrase option (which would be useful if someone is doing something without an obvious intent, like.... drowning pups??), and an option like "Let's hunt first." so that I can tell other server members that I'm hunting before we do anything else, especially in the co-op mode.

Another chat option would be a "Where is it?" phrase, or a way to say 'please' without making it a question - i.e. "Please", so you can say things like "Please Follow me." or "Please Stop!".

eta: It'd also be nice to have an "It's okay." option (if someone says 'sorry'), and maybe "I'm back!" (for when you return from brb/afk). it might also be nice to have an "I know where to cross the river!" option as well, or something phrased like that, though I guess we could also just show the other players regularly by leading them there, I guess?

✦ ✧ follow the stars ✧ ✦
they / them or ae/aer pronouns | nonbinary | 23 years old
previously cosla27 | my deviantart | my wolfquest blog

FadedSpirit
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by FadedSpirit » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:46 am

I fully understand why lexicon chat has been disabled. I am not arguing with that, but id still wish it could be used in public games because i find it much more difficult to find friends since everyone seems so deterred from talking due to the phrase chat. Also, im a huge fan of roleplaying and because of the phrase chat... It just isnt the same. You know? Also, using phrase chat its hard to find someone the same literacy level as you so you could both roleplay in a private game together (no offense to anybody). I guess my point being is, i bought the game because i enjoyed playing multiplayer and making tons of friends back on 2.5 because it was free enough to let you do so. I miss that feeling and am rather disappointed i wouldnt be able to experience it again.

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:28 am

FadedSpirit wrote:I fully understand why lexicon chat has been disabled. I am not arguing with that, but id still wish it could be used in public games because i find it much more difficult to find friends since everyone seems so deterred from talking due to the phrase chat. Also, im a huge fan of roleplaying and because of the phrase chat... It just isnt the same. You know? Also, using phrase chat its hard to find someone the same literacy level as you so you could both roleplay in a private game together (no offense to anybody). I guess my point being is, i bought the game because i enjoyed playing multiplayer and making tons of friends back on 2.5 because it was free enough to let you do so. I miss that feeling and am rather disappointed i wouldnt be able to experience it again.
Please stick to suggested additions for the Phrase Chat only within this thread. A lot of people share your sentiments and have voiced that in the topic originally announcing the removal of Lexicon Chat in 2.5, and that topic has been locked simply because the decision is final and no changes to the 2.7 chat system will be made any time soon.

That said, your disappointment is very understandable. I hope you will get the hang of using 2.7's features to the best of their potential; private games are wonderful for the almost unrestrained vocabulary it allows, and perhaps you could use the on-forum Pack Central/the forum in general to find people whose roleplaying style appeals to you.
wyrd bið ful aræd
traveling 03.08 - 18.08 - limited availability.
for questions and concerns, please reach out to another moderator.

Hayyel
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Hayyel » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Thank you for updating the phrase chat. It is already a lot more easier to communicate!
I would love if you could say "I'm coming" or "I'm on my way" or something like that :)

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Hayyel wrote:Thank you for updating the phrase chat. It is already a lot more easier to communicate!
I would love if you could say "I'm coming" or "I'm on my way" or something like that :)

There is an "on my way!" phrase under the Explore tab :)
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:39 pm

Thought i had suggested this before but it obviously wasn't in this thread (no post from me) so thought would post now with it.

Would it be possible to add a "Who's it?" under the games section? Only as (and maybe was just me) I was in a public game where everyone decided to play tag and I was totally clueless who was it and of course with the current phrases had no way to ask! :P
Unless there IS a way under another category and I just missed it lol. Which is entirely possible....not too fast on finding the correct responses with phrase chat as of yet.

-Amsel-

Post by -Amsel- » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:58 pm

I think a "Welcome to WolfQuest!" phrase would be useful. because sometimes when people say "Hello, im new here." I want to welcome them to the game, but saying "Great!" or "Awesome!" might sound sarcastic or mean when I'm just happy to see a new member.
(If there is already a phrase like this [although im pretty sure there's not] then please inform me otherwise.)

RainbowWolf12345
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by RainbowWolf12345 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:03 pm

WHY SOO INTENSE I MEAN KILLING ITS NOT GOOD WHEN KIDS SEE THAT BUT I LOVE THIS GAME! :lol:

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:11 pm

RainbowWolf12345 wrote:WHY SOO INTENSE I MEAN KILLING ITS NOT GOOD WHEN KIDS SEE THAT BUT I LOVE THIS GAME! :lol:
Watch the caps please. Excessive caps are considered spam.
Also, please stay on topic. This thread is only for suggestions for additions/removals to phrase chat.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:21 pm

What about a "why are you growling?" and/or "why are you whining?" phrase? I'm always confused when players will growl or whine for no discernable reason. Especially if it's at you or another player.

A "the pup is safe" would be nice to have too.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:51 pm

This isn't quite a suggestion for a specific phrase or anything, but I had a thought as to the issue of scrolling. What if, instead of using a scrollbar, you just had up and down arrows that, when clicked, would navigate one option up/down the list? It would be a little less user-friendly than a scrollbar would, but still very possible, and maybe it could work as a temporary solution until/if scrollbars are implemented.
Just a random thought that popped into my head on the topic ;)
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Something like I'm going hunting would be good. Hunting doesn't always have to be a request from someone else.
Also, maybe some more incomplete parts of sentences? Like I, am, a, an, is and are. Maybe I am a and I am an when people play games and say they're a stranger wolf. "Me as stranger wolf" isn't enough.
That being said, I'd also like the phrase it's okay for when someone apologizes.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:55 pm

I don't know if this has been suggested or whether it's there but I have not found it in the phrase chat.
"Back" might be useful or "I am back" and "Welcome back".
I've seen "Be right back" but not the others, I think it'd be useful.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There's so much punishment, so little time.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Post by twinlinskis » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:48 pm

roguemoon wrote:What about a "why are you growling?" and/or "why are you whining?" phrase? I'm always confused when players will growl or whine for no discernable reason. Especially if it's at you or another player.
adding onto this, maybe having a phrase such as, "please stop growling/whining," would be useful. i've been on a few multiplayer games where someone will spam the whine/growl key and it's extremely annoying.
............ ............
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
............ ............
sig © twinlinskis

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”