Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Re: Ideas for New Episodes V2

Post by Wolvencall » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:38 am

Wait was it mentioned that you would be able to sleep to speed up time? Can you choose the duration of time you sleep?
Go your own way

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:30 am

PREY & OTHER PREDATOR STAMINA

Please make it possible to hunt other animals in the game with a high stamina wolf rather than just a high speed or strength wolf. This could simply be done if other animals in the game (everything from elk to foxes) lost stamina/health while running away from you.
Last edited by Lebron BMT on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:46 am

Lebron BMT wrote:PREY & OTHER PREDATOR STAMINA

Please make it possible to hunt other animals in the game with a high stamina wolf rather than just a high speed or strength wolf. This could simply be done if other animals in the game (everything from elk to foxes) lost stamina while running away from you.
As far as I am aware, this technically is already implemented, at least for elk, although whether it works in practice is a different matter. If I remember correctly, SolitaryHowl did some extensive testing on that, but I currently cannot find the posts with her results. (Times like these, I wish the forum had a ping feature..)
wyrd bið ful aræd
* inactive until further notice due to time and hardware limitations

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:03 am

Lebron BMT wrote:PREY & OTHER PREDATOR STAMINA

Please make it possible to hunt other animals in the game with a high stamina wolf rather than just a high speed or strength wolf. This could simply be done if other animals in the game (everything from elk to foxes) lost stamina/health while running away from you.
I like this idea. Sometimes I can chase cougars for a very long time, and I still can't catch up to them. I don't think it's a big problem, but I do think adding stamina levels to other animals would help make things more realistic and exciting.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

DawnWings
Pup
Pup

Post by DawnWings » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:01 pm

I agree with all the prey having a working stamina limit. Wearing the prey down is critical for real wolf hunts, as wolves are endurance hunters.

Edit: I had an idea. If hunting on mountainous terrain, it would be neat if we would be able to herd prey off cliffs so they would fall to their death or at least take falling damage. Perhaps this could get you a achievement (if the game will have those)?

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Create your own den

I think it should be possible for players to literally dig their own den sites wherever they want (or anywhere within their chosen territory). It would make the den mission a little bit longer, and cause players to think strategically a little bit about where to dig their den. Perhaps after some digging the game magically polishes the den for you with rocks and flowers appearing and the den hole sort of smoothing out.

Scavenging Gameplay--Injuries and Low Health

As far as I know, wolves spend almost as much time scavenging as they do hunting. In the game currently, however, scavenging is unnecessary except when player's are low on health while in the midst of actually hunting. Being at near full health all the time is too picture perfect with ample prey animals for players to hunt. Scavenging gameplay offers the ability to make the game more challenging at times. Forcing players to scavenge sometimes can make player's feel the consequences of getting injured and having lower health. It would also make player's pay more attention to smaller prey animals at least periodically as player wolves survive off of them while low on health/injured. Furthermore, scavenging can put player wolves up against others wolves and predators fighting for scraps at a carcass as players try to refill their health bars and recover from low health/injury.

To create the need for scavenging gameplay, perhaps when players have less than half their health, or if they are suffering from a injury sustained in a previous hunt or fight that decreases their health, player wolves will be forced to bypass larger, more dangerous prey options like elk, mule deer, moose, sheep, bison etc. and hunt smaller prey like hares and beavers and sustain themselves on that whilst they recover their health.

Similarly, when players have less than half their health bar this could motivate player's to sniff out carcasses killed by other predators like other wolves/coyotes/bears/cougars, and challenge them for their carcass. This would require other wolves/coyotes/bears/cougars having the ability to actually hunt their own prey. If this is the case, then player's can actually sniff out these predators and follow them on their hunts, let them do the work, then attempt to scavenge off their carcass to refill their health bars, or if they are really strong wolves/have numbers in their favor with other wolves with them, then they can fight off the predator and steal the entire carcass. Of course, scavenging carries it's risks of losing even more health from fights with other predators, so another option always available for players would be to sniff out smaller prey animals for easy pickings like hares and beavers.

• Post Merge
Please also make ravens actually eat from carcasses and decrease carcass value. This would
  • A) Create incentive for players to chase ravens away from carcasses or constantly guard their carcasses (like real wolves do sometimes) in a never ending and very annoying battle
  • B) Force players to hunt more since ravens (among other predators) keep finishing their carcasses
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪

DawnWings
Pup
Pup

Post by DawnWings » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:46 pm

I think it would be nice if are able to kill and eat ravens (and maybe other birds) if we're quick/sneaky enough, especially if they do deplete the carcass. Perhaps this could be a use for the jump button? Killing a individual raven could be a way of scaring the other ravens off for a while, if they do eat your food.

Eagles could also scavenge from kills, or if it's something small like a rabbit, carry it off. If attacked, they could lash out with their talons.

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 am

Lebron BMT wrote:Please also make ravens actually eat from carcasses and decrease carcass value. This would
  • A) Create incentive for players to chase ravens away from carcasses or constantly guard their carcasses (like real wolves do sometimes) in a never ending and very annoying battle
  • B) Force players to hunt more since ravens (among other predators) keep finishing their carcasses
This feature got added in 2.7.2.
wyrd bið ful aræd
* inactive until further notice due to time and hardware limitations

Batjoker12
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Angel

Post by Batjoker12 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:17 pm

New growth: Find a dispersal, find a den, have pups, raise pups successfully, and as the game progresses a larger pack emerges. Some of your offspring may stay with the pack, others may become dispersal and go on to form their own packs. You and your mate can have more pups and the older offspring will help raise them as you hunt etc. Lone wolves can try to join and you can choose to accept them or not. You can be challenged as pack leader, and there will be fighting among pack members for food/dominance. Also new bonding animations, howling of course as well as grooming.

Free roaming wolves: No more sniffing around, finding a wolf standing frozen in place and waiting for an interaction. Like other animals in game, wolves will be roaming about in the game. Once they realize you are in their territory they can 1) stop and approach with caution, interest and curiosity. 2) approach with fear and tail tucked between their legs and go belly up. 3) approach with aggression because you invaded their territory, full teeth, and snarling.

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup
Name: Birdie/Goose

Post by ArgentsArrows » Wed May 02, 2018 5:09 am

Batjoker12 wrote:New growth: Find a dispersal, find a den, have pups, raise pups successfully, and as the game progresses a larger pack emerges. Some of your offspring may stay with the pack, others may become dispersal and go on to form their own packs. You and your mate can have more pups and the older offspring will help raise them as you hunt etc. Lone wolves can try to join and you can choose to accept them or not. You can be challenged as pack leader, and there will be fighting among pack members for food/dominance. Also new bonding animations, howling of course as well as grooming.

Free roaming wolves: No more sniffing around, finding a wolf standing frozen in place and waiting for an interaction. Like other animals in game, wolves will be roaming about in the game. Once they realize you are in their territory they can 1) stop and approach with caution, interest and curiosity. 2) approach with fear and tail tucked between their legs and go belly up. 3) approach with aggression because you invaded their territory, full teeth, and snarling.
I’m not sure if it’ll be EXACTLY what you’re saying, but something like the first idea will be in Tower Fall. Your pups will grow up and learn to hunt with you.

And the second idea will be in WQ3. There won’t just be the 3 wolf territories, dispersals and pack wolves will come to you and roam freely.
the curves of your lips rewrite history

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Thu May 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Bear AI

Please give bears the ability to charge at you if you get too close instead of always remaining stationary.

Killing Eagles and Ravens

Please make it possible (but difficult) to bite and kill eagles and ravens.

Bighorn Sheep Attack

Please give the bighorn sheep the ability to attack us with their horns or charge at us with them.

Stranger Wolves Attack

Please give stranger wolves the ability to growl, bite, chase, and attack us.

Coyote Pelt Variation

Please give coyotes varying (realistic) pelt colors.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri May 25, 2018 4:25 am

Lebron BMT wrote:Coyote Pelt Variation

I like this idea. I'm going to go ahead and second it.

I think it would help make things a little more interesting and realistic.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

DawnWings
Pup
Pup

Post by DawnWings » Fri May 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Stranger Wolves Attack

"Please give stranger wolves the ability to growl, bite, chase, and attack us."

I strongly agree with this suggestion. I'm hoping that is a given being that they said the dispersal and pack wolves will be roaming around freely instead of using the "social arena" mechanic. If not, I'll probably wait to purchase the game until that's added in Tower Fall or later because this is something very, very crucial for the game. (I'm not trying to be rude here or in any of my other somewhat negative comments, I'm just trying to give honest useful feedback to the team.)

I also like all of Lebron's other suggestions.

Invar
Pup
Pup

Post by Invar » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:53 am

ForeverEverest wrote:
Lebron BMT wrote:

What would be great is if the coyotes learned -- if you bite one, or just chase it enough to tire it, it will stay further away from you, and if you attack it when it's checking out your pups it will not come sniffin' around your den-site so often.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Invar wrote:
ForeverEverest wrote:
Lebron BMT wrote:

What would be great is if the coyotes learned -- if you bite one, or just chase it enough to tire it, it will stay further away from you, and if you attack it when it's checking out your pups it will not come sniffin' around your den-site so often.
Agreed!

I forgot if I said this before or not (if I did it was probably months ago), but being able to break bones to eat the marrow and get a bit of health would be cool. And I don't know if wolves do this but if there's shed antlers (I read somewhere that mice and other rodents 'make quick work of shed antlers because of the nutritional value', not entirely sure if it's true?), could wolves eat some of it (or if not the antlers themselves, some of the velvet if the antlers in question have any on them) to get a small amount of health?
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”