Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Re: Ideas for New Episodes V2

Post by Arcturus221B » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:29 am

ForeverEverest wrote:
Lebron BMT wrote:PREY & OTHER PREDATOR STAMINA

Please make it possible to hunt other animals in the game with a high stamina wolf rather than just a high speed or strength wolf. This could simply be done if other animals in the game (everything from elk to foxes) lost stamina/health while running away from you.
I like this idea. Sometimes I can chase cougars for a very long time, and I still can't catch up to them. I don't think it's a big problem, but I do think adding stamina levels to other animals would help make things more realistic and exciting.
I do think that if stamina for (all) other animals is implemented, the wolves need a stamina ovehaul as well, so we can no longer run forever and need to think more about managing our stamina. That would add to realism too.

Got these ideas with multiplayer in mind, but with some tweaks I think they would work fine for single player.

Make predators spawn further away from the den and get rid of the camera zoom warning players of incoming predators.
It would be more realistic (and in my opinion fun and challenging) if players have to stay actively vigilant for predators trying to make a snack out of the pups. Instead we can currently just lean back and wait until the camera zoom shows us there's danger coming. I think getting rid of the zoom will also give players more reason to work together. And maybe implement some kind of sound we can use to warn other, less vigilant players there's a predator coming. I don't know if and how wolves warn each other (howl-bark?) but it would be nice to have something other than writing 'predator!' in the chat ;3

On the journey mission, predators are more likely to attack a lone wolf with a pup, rather than multiple wolves with pups.
This would give players more reason to stick together during the journey, as well as work together more, instead of being all over the place caring for only one pup. And make predators more likely to attack in larger numbers (coyotes?) or be harder to chase off when alone. For example: when a bear attacks, it should be much harder (and dangerous) for a lone wolf to discourage it from killing the pup, rather than 3 wolves running around it and taking turns biting it's rear. Getting rid of the 3 bites and the bear/cougar runs away system, would be a good idea too I think. It should depend on the amount of wolves there discouraging it, not the amount of bites.
☀ "Beттer тo Lιɢнт oɴe cαɴdle, тнαɴ Cυrѕe тнe Dαrĸɴeѕѕ" ★

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:14 am

I would love for the Eagle to be a more important entity in-game too. Right now, they seem to be limited to the pup missions. It would be amazing to watch them flying above, or witness their presence at carcasses.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Phasoli wrote:I would love for the Eagle to be a more important entity in-game too. Right now, they seem to be limited to the pup missions. It would be amazing to watch them flying above, or witness their presence at carcasses.
I like this idea. I agree, it would be nice if they stopped off at carcasses occasionally.
Seconded.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Skittish17
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Pierce

Post by Skittish17 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 am

What if WoldQuest was able to have a separate server for older players? Not everyone likes to play with inexperienced children who can't properly hunt moose and die every time we want to rally. I know it's a long shot, but would that ever be possible? Like a 17+ and then like whatever young age to 16? I know I sound horrible for saying that, but goodness, I like my rallies when hunting moose!
Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don’t have any wings?
-Kiba (Wolf’s Rain)
Avatar by Ash Smith of Facebook ^^

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Skittish17 wrote:What if WoldQuest was able to have a separate server for older players? Not everyone likes to play with inexperienced children who can't properly hunt moose and die every time we want to rally. I know it's a long shot, but would that ever be possible? Like a 17+ and then like whatever young age to 16? I know I sound horrible for saying that, but goodness, I like my rallies when hunting moose!
this sort of thing (a separate "mature" area of the forums) was thought of in the past and it was not added because it would potentially bring about topics and discussion that are not wq friendly. you can easily make a pack in pack central with a high age requirement, or only play with people who's ages you know, to accomplish this.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : lupe

Skittish17
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Pierce

Post by Skittish17 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm

alethe wrote:
Skittish17 wrote:What if WoldQuest was able to have a separate server for older players? Not everyone likes to play with inexperienced children who can't properly hunt moose and die every time we want to rally. I know it's a long shot, but would that ever be possible? Like a 17+ and then like whatever young age to 16? I know I sound horrible for saying that, but goodness, I like my rallies when hunting moose!
this sort of thing (a separate "mature" area of the forums) was thought of in the past and it was not added because it would potentially bring about topics and discussion that are not wq friendly. you can easily make a pack in pack central with a high age requirement, or only play with people who's ages you know, to accomplish this.
I wish I'd thought of this. You know, people do make 18+ servers, but that still doesn't keep the kiddies out. It was an idea, I did hunt around a bit, maybe I just missed it. I appreciate your response.
Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don’t have any wings?
-Kiba (Wolf’s Rain)
Avatar by Ash Smith of Facebook ^^

Mjaudi
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Mjaudi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm

So one thing i really wanted: when you raise pups it would be cool to start a pack and with your mate, and when you die your son/daughter or another wolf takes over and you can play on as your daughter or son. Or you can leave your pack. It also would be cool if you could choose if you wanted to be born alone or in a pack.

Tribbles
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tribbles » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 pm

• Post moved from Hooves of Hurt
Would you consider adding aging to the game as a customization feature.
Like when creating your wolf you can toggle their age using a bar like with coat coloring. The older the wolf, the more gray hair grows on their face and paws. I think it would be nice to see some age variation in game rather than seeing every wolf as 2 years old.

Now, this may be a stretch, but would yearlings be possible. Yearlings would require a different model though, for their legs and ears. They would have to be a multiplayer exclusive as well, as it is not natural for a healthy yearling to begin dispersing.
If you do add either aging or yearlings I think it would greatly enhance player experience. Aging in particular.

Crystal Black
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Crystal Black » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 am

I would absolutely ADORE it if we could start as puppies and live the entire life of the wolf rather than jump straight into adult. I really hope this becomes a thing!
Also more activities to do would be great, hunting in multiplayer can get stale and I'm not a fan of rping.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Having a labeled grid overlay on the map would be great when trying to refer to others where something is. At the moment, giving directions usually ends up sounding something like "go to X and it's to the left of the big tree" and where a certain area begins or ends can differ between players, so a grid could be handy. "The upper right corner of H5" just seems simpler when it comes down to communication. Really small adjustment, but I think it'd be useful. Some players may not like having the grid overlay on their maps, so maybe also the option to toggle it on and off?

I got the idea from the Shadow of the Colossus map:

https://images.ecosia.org/5GKP9Gl7_earZ ... us_Map.jpg

And speaking of maps, I'd love to have a button to toggle a corner minimap on and off.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Leafpool1980123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Leafpool1980123 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Maybe an optional feature that the created of a multiplayer pack can have a non player mate (like mates in single player). However, this should certainly only be optinal, so people don't have to have this in a multiplayer game.

Also, other animals can have strength/speed/stamina as well, maybe?

sirwayl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sirwayl » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Emotes to interact directly with pups. I'm not sure if this idea was stated before and I'm just reverberating what others have said, but I do think interactive emotes specifically for you to do with your pups would be a neat touch. Just to clarify, emotes where you interact directly with the pups is what I mean specifically, not like normal emotes where your wolf is stationary, more like the courting emotes where your wolf directly interacts with another wolf.

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Arcturus221B wrote:
ForeverEverest wrote:
Lebron BMT wrote:PREY & OTHER PREDATOR STAMINA

Please make it possible to hunt other animals in the game with a high stamina wolf rather than just a high speed or strength wolf. This could simply be done if other animals in the game (everything from elk to foxes) lost stamina/health while running away from you.
I like this idea. Sometimes I can chase cougars for a very long time, and I still can't catch up to them. I don't think it's a big problem, but I do think adding stamina levels to other animals would help make things more realistic and exciting.
I do think that if stamina for (all) other animals is implemented, the wolves need a stamina ovehaul as well, so we can no longer run forever and need to think more about managing our stamina. That would add to realism too.

Got these ideas with multiplayer in mind, but with some tweaks I think they would work fine for single player.

Make predators spawn further away from the den and get rid of the camera zoom warning players of incoming predators.
It would be more realistic (and in my opinion fun and challenging) if players have to stay actively vigilant for predators trying to make a snack out of the pups. Instead we can currently just lean back and wait until the camera zoom shows us there's danger coming. I think getting rid of the zoom will also give players more reason to work together. And maybe implement some kind of sound we can use to warn other, less vigilant players there's a predator coming. I don't know if and how wolves warn each other (howl-bark?) but it would be nice to have something other than writing 'predator!' in the chat ;3

On the journey mission, predators are more likely to attack a lone wolf with a pup, rather than multiple wolves with pups.
This would give players more reason to stick together during the journey, as well as work together more, instead of being all over the place caring for only one pup. And make predators more likely to attack in larger numbers (coyotes?) or be harder to chase off when alone. For example: when a bear attacks, it should be much harder (and dangerous) for a lone wolf to discourage it from killing the pup, rather than 3 wolves running around it and taking turns biting it's rear. Getting rid of the 3 bites and the bear/cougar runs away system, would be a good idea too I think. It should depend on the amount of wolves there discouraging it, not the amount of bites.
Very good! And I have more suggestions - If there are more pups than adults in a group. That kinds of groups can be attacked more easily than a group that has more adults than pups. And instead of current bitten-and-run predator AIs. Predators that actually require active chasing(if not actively chased for certain distance it will return and you need to fight it all over again) would be good too.

Having other young packs in the map will also be great. Especially in Tower Fall and Slough Creek.

ADDED: Predator reacting to wolf's growling/snarling behaviours
War between AI wolf packs
Pronghorn antelopes
Fishing bears
Other predators actively attacking creatures
Non-interactable humen(researcher, hiker)

Hash_Myth
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Hunger/Thirst & PvP/PvE Pack Ideas for Wolf Quest 3

Post by Hash_Myth » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:23 am

The ideas I have thought about are more of a rough draft and I welcome constructive criticism as well as if you like these ideas or not, and why.
This is also pending how many players can be on a server at a time... I'm going on a base of 16 to 32 players as with a larger map size will require a bigger amount of players. This will also limit how many packs can be in a server at any time. If 16 max, you can have a 8v8 or a 4v4v4v4. Same as if its a 32 player, could be a 16v16 or a 8v8v8v8.

First on the list (This should be added regardless of PvP/PvE for packs)
-Hunger and Thirst : Hunger should be linked with Health Points. The lower your HP, the faster hunger will grow and as you eat, your HP go up as well as the level of hunger go down.
Thirst should be linked to stamina. The more you run around and use up your stamina, the faster your thirst will grow. As you drink, your thirst goes down as well as stamina will gain at a higher rate.
So if you have low/starvation Hunger and dehydrated Thirst, your HP and stamina will slowly drain (or if stamina is already drained it will not regenerate as well as HP hits 0, well... You're dead)
If you have full Hunger and Thirst, your HP will regenerate faster if injured and your stamina will also regenerate at a higher rate.

-Online Packs : Be able to join packs for players like a faction or guild like in other MMO's

-Pack Wars (Player vs Environment) :
Packs start out on different areas of the map and gain points for prey kills, territory growth, as well as have random spawns of bonus prey or predator.
Have a goal system setup so that it can be a timed match or a set goal point to reach.

-Pack Wars (Player vs Player) :As before, this depends on how many players can be in a server.
Each pack starts out in different areas and has 1 territory.
Each territory has a set amount of prey kills and markings that need to be fulfilled in order to take over that area and grow.
Other packs can take over territories by occupying that area for a given time, or a set amount of player deaths in the area.

For example, Team 1 enters a territory and need to kill 5 elk and mark 5 trees, they do so and claim that area. But then say they leave the area to try to gain another territory.
Team 2 rushes in and has to occupy that area for 5mins. If 5min's pass and no members from team 1 enter that area, Team 2 takes the area over.
Now say team 1 does enter the area. Now it becomes a war zone. The kill is set at 5 so if team 2 kills 5 players from team 1, then team 1 looses the area. If team 1 kills 5 players from team 2, then team 1 gets a bonus for the area and the area can't be taken over for 5mins. (theses are just ideas and it be nice to be able to setup the points per server host settings)

The game could have settings on say kill count goal, territory count goal, take over primary territory, ect.
Also could have each territory give a random bonus to the pack for a slight edge (nothing to crazy but maybe slight extra stamina/HP, slower thirst/hunger loss, slight speed in running or attack, ect.)

This is all a work in progress, what do you think?
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged your standalone idea/suggestion thread into the existing sticky for game updates to keep things organised.

Menna Mohsen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Mission Simpossible

Post by Menna Mohsen » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:42 pm

If I can make the puppies go inside the den and sleep even if you're next to them because in the WolfQuest if you're next to them they follow you and , wolves we can be boss with them , help another wolves like take care of thier puppies , and help them fight Gain their friendship and help us , Increase animals such as horse, giraffe, cow, goat, bird, raven, :butterfly: , and places like farm and add people , Antarctica , penguin .
Last edited by Neamara on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split and merged post into a more appropriate thread.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”