Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

exleyal
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Post by exleyal » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:33 pm

An update I think would be really helpful is a settings controller like 2.7 had. I love how much control 3.0 gives over the graphics, but I've run into a major issue after leaving my game on Gorgeous Graphic quality. Every time I try to open the game, it crashed and I can't even lower the graphics quality to fix it, and so right now I'm kinda stuck. It's not an error with the game, but more my slow/old computer and my carelessness. It would be great to have a backup fix for this kind of issue, like a simple menu to set the graphics before the game starts, and then still allow players to customize the graphics quality once they can get into the game without it crashing immediately.

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:41 pm

When you target a prey animal, that signals to your mate to attack that particular animal. Basically a way of communicating with your mate.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition Achievements

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm

Currently, WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition doesn't have achievements yet. As such, I have compiled a list of possible achievements that could be added whenever achievements are added to the Anniversary Edition. Many of these are a little cheesy , but so were many of the achievements in 2.7. Some are also copied directly from 2.7 as a nod to achievements that were in the old game. Note that because the new Slough Creek episode hasn't been released yet, there are currently no achievements regarding anything from the Slough Creek mission arc or map, because we currently don't know what all will be in the new Slough Creek episode and map for WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition.

Locations Achievements (Amethyst Mountain only)

Ancient Trees: Visit the Fossil Forest

Ashes of Eden: Visit The Burn

The Namesake Mountain: Visit the Amethyst Summit

Lamar Lookout: Visit the Lamar Overlook

Wolf-Watching Mecca: Visit the Lamar Valley

Twin Falls: Visit Fairies Fall

Riverside Hangout: Visit the Lamar River

The Namesake Creek: Visit Amethyst Creek

Hopeful: Visit Hope Creek

Chalcedony Curiosity: Visit Chalcedony Creek

A Fine Specimen: Visit Specimen Creek

Creekside Explorer: Visit all creeks in Amethyst Mountain

Wapiti Warning: Visit the Wapiti Pack Territory

Junction's Justification: Visit the Junction Butte Pack Territory

Lost in Lamar: Visit the Lamar Canyon Pack Territory

Jack of All Territories: Visit all Pack Territories in Amethyst Mountain

Camping in the Backcountry: Find the Tent in Amethyst Mountain

Actions Achievements:

First Fawn: Kill a Mule Deer Fawn

Muley Mischief: Kill 5 Mule Deer Fawns

Fawning em' Off: Kill 10 Mule Deer Fawns

Doe Down: Kill a Doe Mule Deer

Doent Stop Me Now: Kill 5 Doe Mule Deer

Doent Stop Believin': Kill 10 Doe Mule Deer

Buckeye: Kill a Buck Mule Deer

Getting Our Buck On: Kill 5 Buck Mule Deer

Buckshot: Kill 10 Buck Mule Deer

The Deer Hunter: Kill one Mule Deer of each type

Many Mulies: Kill 30 Mule Deer (any type)

Buckmasters: Kill a Buck Mule Deer with a pack in Multiplayer

First Blood: Kill an Elk Calf

Natural Selection FTW: Kill 10 Elk Calves

Thinning The Herd: Kill 15 Elk Calves

Cowing Down: Kill a Cow Elk

Cow on That!: Kill 5 Cow Elk

Very Spikey: Kill a Spike Elk

Spike in Performance: Kill 5 Spike Elk

Bulls-Eye!: Kill a Bull Elk

Quite the Bully: Kill 3 Bull Elk

Elk Enthusiast: Kill one Elk of each type

Tired of Elk Meat: Kill 30 Elk (any type)

The Tables Have Turned: Get killed by an Elk

Teamwork: Kill an Elk Calf with a pack in Multiplayer

Elks Club: Kill a Cow Elk with a pack in Multiplayer

Elk Experts: Kill a Spike Elk with a Pack in Multiplayer

Elkmasters: Kill a Bull Elk with a pack in Multiplayer

Dinner Moosic: Kill a Moose Calf

Making Moosechief: Kill 5 Moose Calves

Once in a Blue Moose: Kill a Cow Moose

Duck Duck Moose: Kill 3 Cow Moose

Not Moosing Around: Kill a Bull Moose

Many Moosen: Kill 10 Moose (Any Type)

Don't Moose With Us!!: Kill a Bull Moose with a pack in Multiplayer

Getting Moosed Up: Get killed by a Moose

Moosen Master: Kill one moose of each type

An Easy Snack: Kill a Snowshoe Hare

It's Hare Season: Kill 10 Snowshoe Hares

Very Harey: Kill 100 Snowshoe Hares

Outfox the Fox: Kill a Fox

Fox Frenzy: Kill 5 Foxes

Coyote Ugly: Chase off a Coyote

Coyote Menace: Chase off 5 coyotes

Coyote Nemesis: Chase off 10 Coyotes

Coyote Slayer: Kill a Coyote

Coyote Destroyer: Kill 5 Coyotes

Coyote Exterminator: Kill 10 Coyotes

Iron Wolf: Chase off a Stranger Wolf

Unstoppable: Chase off 5 Stranger Wolves

Big Bad Wolf: Kill a Stranger Wolf

Canines Rule!: Chase off a Cougar

Cowardly Kitties: Chase off 5 Cougars

Bye Bye, Kitty: Kill a Cougar

Fearless: Chase off a Sow Grizzly Bear

Loaded For Bear: Chase off 5 Sow Grizzly Bears

Courage and Skill: Chase off a Boar Grizzly Bear

Over Boared: Chase off 5 Boar Grizzly Bears

Just Embarrassing: Get killed by a Coyote

Crying Wolf: Get killed by a stranger wolf

Felines Take Over: Get killed by a Cougar

An Error in Judgement: Get killed by a Grizzly Bear

Parkour!!: Jump off a cliff

Defeated by Gravity: Die due to fall damage

Hunger For The Hunt: Kill 10 Animals (any species)

Appetite For Destruction: Kill 25 animals (any species)

Overkill: Kill 50 Animals (any species)

Hungry Like The Wolf: Eat from 25 carcasses

Mass Consumption: Eat from 50 carcasses

Heartbreaker: Reject a potential mate during the trial period

The Danger Zone: Enter a pack territory in Amethyst Mountain

Death From Above: Watch a Golden Eagle hunt a Snowshoe Hare

A Fine Catch: Watch a Bald Eagle hunt a fish in the Lamar River

Fox Watching: Watch a fox mousing

Wile E Coyote: Watch a Coyote chase a Snowshoe Hare

Clash of The Titans: Watch two Bull Elk fighting

Antler Clashing: Watch two Buck Mule Deer fighting

Missions Achievements (Amethyst Mountain)

Basic Survival Skills: Complete the Learn To Hunt Mission

Happily Together: Complete the Find A Mate Mission

Slough Who?: Journey to Slough Creek

Other Achievements (future updates):

An achievement called "Counting Sheep" for killing a certain number of Bighorn Sheep

An achievement called "Deep Impact" for watching two Bighorn Sheep rams fighting

An achievement called "Buffalo Wings" for killing a certain number of Bison (the team plans on adding huntable Bison in a future episode)

An achievement called "Get Lost" for starting a new game in the Lost River map

That's all the achievement ideas I have for now. I hope that the team will use at least a few of them once achievements are implemented in the Anniversary Edition.
Last edited by DinoDogDude209 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:29 am, edited 11 times in total.

Animalxpert20
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Animalxpert20 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 pm

I've played the new game and absolutely love it. So looking forward to the Slough Creek update, and I hope it comes soon (though I understand and respect the time it takes to make such a remarkable game).

Here are my hopes for Towerfall and the new Slough Creek level:

-Actually getting thirsty. I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but so far in Amethyst Mountain you can drink, but you don't get thirsty and as such don't HAVE to drink. I think there should be a thirst bar (that either exists and/or depletes quickly only on challenging/accurate or possibly only on accurate) that can be refilled a little bit by eating elk, since what the wolf is consuming is at least some percentage consisting of liquid, and refilled a lot by drinking water. This would be cool but I'm not overly concerned with it. Just a neat touch.
-Another note on water, wouldn't it be cool if the wolves (including mate and pups), prey and competition predators' fur gotta darker and dripped after it got wet from rain or from swimming? It would be a nice graphic touch that I'd enjoy.
-Bigger dens. It looks like a lot of people want this lol, and I do too - probably just in a different way. The dens don't need to be decoratable or dug by paw, but if you could at least climb down into the den that'd be nice for sure. Once again, not crucial, but it would be so fun and cute. Maybe your mate could climb in with the pups too and if they were inhabiting it, you couldn't fit lol. In 2.7 I found it frustrating that the dens were so small a wolf condo realistically never fit when in real life they would be big enough.
-Some changes on bird mechanics. I have no issue with how persistent ravens are to peck around a carcass, but maybe they'd actually act a little nervous when you growl and snap at them. Foxes and coyotes, too. They hardly run; it's irritating.
-When pups get older, it would be amazing for them to chase each other and play even when they're around six to eight months old. Animations and emotes where you could pin them or nip at them if they get out of hand would be incredible.

I also hope in the far future that someday you're pack could get a bit bigger. I imagine at least half of your pups would disperse to find a mate, but as in reality, maybe some would stay to be aunts and uncles to the new litter. I'm not sure, I just think it would be cool.

I've donated nearly a hundred dollars to this game. The devs are working hard! ❤️

ChaseThePoochyena
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Being the best person I can be and spreading my teachings to others.

Post by ChaseThePoochyena » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 pm

I haven't played the new game yet but I am very excited to get it as soon as I can!
"I travel the world and beyond with my trainer but I stop by to message anyone! I'd love to chat with more humans!"

GoldenBeauty
Pup
Pup
Name: Gold
Location: I'm lost. I have no idea where I am. I made an emergency landing. SOS

Post by GoldenBeauty » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Animalxpert20 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 pm
I've played the new game and absolutely love it. So looking forward to the Slough Creek update, and I hope it comes soon (though I understand and respect the time it takes to make such a remarkable game).

Here are my hopes for Towerfall and the new Slough Creek level:

-Actually getting thirsty. I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but so far in Amethyst Mountain you can drink, but you don't get thirsty and as such don't HAVE to drink. I think there should be a thirst bar (that either exists and/or depletes quickly only on challenging/accurate or possibly only on accurate) that can be refilled a little bit by eating elk, since what the wolf is consuming is at least some percentage consisting of liquid, and refilled a lot by drinking water. This would be cool but I'm not overly concerned with it. Just a neat touch.
-Another note on water, wouldn't it be cool if the wolves (including mate and pups), prey and competition predators' fur gotta darker and dripped after it got wet from rain or from swimming? It would be a nice graphic touch that I'd enjoy.
-Bigger dens. It looks like a lot of people want this lol, and I do too - probably just in a different way. The dens don't need to be decoratable or dug by paw, but if you could at least climb down into the den that'd be nice for sure. Once again, not crucial, but it would be so fun and cute. Maybe your mate could climb in with the pups too and if they were inhabiting it, you couldn't fit lol. In 2.7 I found it frustrating that the dens were so small a wolf condo realistically never fit when in real life they would be big enough.
-Some changes on bird mechanics. I have no issue with how persistent ravens are to peck around a carcass, but maybe they'd actually act a little nervous when you growl and snap at them. Foxes and coyotes, too. They hardly run; it's irritating.
-When pups get older, it would be amazing for them to chase each other and play even when they're around six to eight months old. Animations and emotes where you could pin them or nip at them if they get out of hand would be incredible.

I also hope in the far future that someday you're pack could get a bit bigger. I imagine at least half of your pups would disperse to find a mate, but as in reality, maybe some would stay to be aunts and uncles to the new litter. I'm not sure, I just think it would be cool.

I've donated nearly a hundred dollars to this game. The devs are working hard! ❤️

1.) A thirst bar was discussed, and it was decided against because it would damper the enjoyment of the game. That's why we can drink water but there's no thirst bar. Imagine having to run all the way from point A to point B just to gulp down water for a few seconds? I've played games that had a thirst meter and it wasn't fun running around the entire map trying to find a river. In addition to that, a thirst bar would prevent the user from exploring the map (always sticking near rivers).

2.) Wet fur was mentioned somewhere, all I know is Dave said "maybe someday" or something similar to that due to the coding issues.

3.) From my experience, ravens, foxes, and coyotes did respond when I growled at them. Coyotes aren't particularly skittish, and they can be persistent. Foxes ran away but still watched from afar. Ravens fluttered from the carcass but overall growling didn't do much to spook them.

4.) I agree with the pup interactions! Currently pups do interact with each other (jumping on top, play bowing etc), but they don't run. I think a little running animation would definitely add to the game experience. Also, wolves rarely pin other wolves. Mother wolves do nip, however. I'm not sure how having a "nip" emote would work, since the innocent Wolfquest pups probably won't be tugging at your ear. :wolf:

[edit] Here's the link where Dave says no thirst meter and wet fur effects won't be added currently.
https://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic. ... t#p2556547

Anyway! Just my thoughts on this. No harm. :o
Lumi & Abnus

Deilyn-camila
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Didi

Post by Deilyn-camila » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 am

wolf parents who have had a litter of puppies recently will be able to lick (wash) them so that they can avoid future illnesses.
Like that there would be a cute little interection between wolves and puppies.
  • Post Merge
Deilyn-camila wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 am
wolf parents who have had a litter of puppies recently will be able to lick (wash) them so that they can avoid future illnesses.
Like that there would be a cute little interection between wolves and puppies.
and also for slough creek in winter, I would like so much that is powder snow ... I saw on UNITY the update of this snow option.
Last edited by Neamara on Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:38 pm

One thing I've noticed makes hunting a little frustrating at times is having no indication of which elk are more weak. I actually like not having the health bars and having to test prey, but it can really whittle away your health as you lose a tick of health here and there. By the time you've tested a few elk it can make a difference! I would really like to have some sort of external sign that an elk is potentially weaker such as limping, lagging behind the rest of the herd, tiring more quickly, or even a visible wound. Perhaps this could affect their aggressiveness to you as well? I imagine an injured elk would be more reckless and try to stand it's ground or defend itself more.

As well, it would be absolutely wonderful if terrain played more of a role, particularly in hunting. In many videos of wolves pursuing prey you often see the prey stumble or trip, giving the wolves an amazing opportunity to seize it. Calves in particular are susceptible to stumbling. Adding this would be a really interesting detail. Calves could have a random chance of stumbling or tripping when being chased, and prey running through rough terrain or even on cliff edges could trip or perhaps fall down the cliffs and become injured as your wolf can. There are a few articles I've seen indicating wolves in mountainous regions use steep terrain to their advantage by driving prey over cliffs or over steep, uneven drops where they'll lose their grip.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Is it possible on a future update to allow for lying closer to your mate? I have a very social mate & would like to be able to curl up close to him but at times it's almost impossible. There's like an invisible wall that doesn't allow for actual side by side sleeping...would also be nice for sleeping close to puppies when they are implemented.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Ideas for naming things in LR

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:29 am

So, it's been confirmed for a while that the Lost River map will be added to the added to the Anniversary Edition at some point, though whether it will be before or after Slough Creek is completed is currently unknown. So I've been thinking about what LR in WolfQuest Anniversary Edition would be like for a while, and after a while a thought came into my mind: How will the team name the elk herds and dispersal wolf packs in Lost River?

The elk herds in the Amethyst map are named after wildflowers and other plant life found in Yellowstone, and the ones in Slough Creek and Tower Fall will presumably follow a similar theme. And while this naming scheme fits in quite well in the context of the Yellowstone setting, I personally don't think it would fit in very well in a purely fictional map like Lost River which has very little connection to the Yellowstone setting. As such, I would suggest instead using made up names. Since Lost River is filled with easter eggs and is more of a just for fun map, I think some less serious names or names that reference the WolfQuest team would potentially work quite well, along with potentially some more tough or rugged sounding names for larger herds. Some examples are listed below.
"The Buck Street Boys" (one of the funnier names that was suggested a while back)
"Greenhorn Herd" (a herd with a lot of spike elk)
"Oldblood Herd" (a herd with very few calves)
"Highland Herd"
"Thunder Hooves Herd"
"Moonstone Herd"
"Razorback Herd"
"Goliath Herd"
"Leviathan Herd"
"Vanguard Herd"
"White Lightning Herd"
"Dark Thunder Herd"
"Shockhammer Herd"
"Evergreen Herd"
"Antlerick Herd" (an elk-related pun)
"Hoofen Herd" (another elk-related pun)
"Shockwave Herd" (named after the early Shockwave 3D version of the game)
"Sentinel Herd"
"Grant Herd" (named after the Grant's Glen location in Lost River 2.7)
"Jay's Herd" (a reference to JayPlays)
"Schaller Herd" (a reference to Dave)
"Tommi's Herd" (a reference to Tommi)
"Buzza Ridge Herd" (a reference to Tim Buzza)
"Woolman Herd" (a reference to Ben Woolman)

Similarly, all of the dispersal wolves players find in the Amethyst map are from specific packs, which all seem to be named after real world wolf packs in and around Yellowstone. While this naming system helps to create worldbuilding and immersion, due to the fact that Lost River is a fictitious location whose proximity to Yellowstone is unknown, such a naming system would not exactly fit in well in the Lost River map. As such, I feel like some made up names that are still somewhat realistic sounding would be fitting. The static wolf packs in Lost River 2.7 were named somewhat similarly, so I think the following names would make decent names for them, as well as other, similar sounding names.
Redfield Pack
Revenant Peak Pack
Marshall Ridge Pack
Redhorn Pack
Calamity Pack
Clearwater Pack
Wartooth Pack
Wormwood Pack (a reference to Lost River's similarities to Chernobyl, as Chernobyl roughly translates to Wormwood)

More creative names for things in Lost River and possibly more references to the team would make Lost River even more unique and seem even more special than it already was in WolfQuest 2.7.

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:08 am

roguemoon wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:38 pm
One thing I've noticed makes hunting a little frustrating at times is having no indication of which elk are more weak. I actually like not having the health bars and having to test prey, but it can really whittle away your health as you lose a tick of health here and there. By the time you've tested a few elk it can make a difference! I would really like to have some sort of external sign that an elk is potentially weaker such as limping, lagging behind the rest of the herd, tiring more quickly, or even a visible wound. Perhaps this could affect their aggressiveness to you as well? I imagine an injured elk would be more reckless and try to stand it's ground or defend itself more.

As well, it would be absolutely wonderful if terrain played more of a role, particularly in hunting. In many videos of wolves pursuing prey you often see the prey stumble or trip, giving the wolves an amazing opportunity to seize it. Calves in particular are susceptible to stumbling. Adding this would be a really interesting detail. Calves could have a random chance of stumbling or tripping when being chased, and prey running through rough terrain or even on cliff edges could trip or perhaps fall down the cliffs and become injured as your wolf can. There are a few articles I've seen indicating wolves in mountainous regions use steep terrain to their advantage by driving prey over cliffs or over steep, uneven drops where they'll lose their grip.
totally agree. something like slowing down will be nice.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”