Characters that stay with you

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Characters that stay with you

Post by Pelican » Mon May 16, 2016 3:09 pm

This thread was inspired by http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... p2453269It isnt meant to be the same topic, its meant to expand on the point of the artist. So as they said there are characters that 'persist in our minds,' they may change but the core elements (like their name or strongest trait for example) remain for years to come.

What I was wondering is, does anyone have wolf characters like these? Preferably from roleplay in the game.... I know I do.

My characters. My rp is fantasy, but I do take it seriously...

Space
Ive changed her several times, she was once going to be a fusion of herself and my character Lexicon but I loved them too much separately to do that :P I was going to give her a fire themed power but decided against it.

Nightly
Hmm, she was originally Space's sister. Now she's her half sister and while she originally had no known place of birth I decided she was born in Douglas Fir Slopes. She was also originally my roleplay fursona (even though Space was the main character) but I found I relate better to Space.

Delete
She was originally going to have a green eye and possibly wear a brown cloak. I changed my mind. Of course she was always going to be a villain. Classic....

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Re: Characters that stay with you

Post by psy » Mon May 16, 2016 3:54 pm

The wolf I hold dear to my heart as a sign of a great roleplaying experience is the timeless Max. I'm pretty sure he's the only wolf I still actively use in roleplays. Throughout the years he's changed drastically. Now, he even went through a pelt change (darker tan: Life is Rough) and an accent change (British-American).
Even so, he's still the same to me.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Mon May 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Ever-green wrote:
  • I like the topic idea Pelican!

My very first online character and forum username, Overcast, was inspired by the WolfQuest game! She was a bigger dark gray wolf with brown eyes who was strong and had above-average endurance. Her colors were inspired by a color deviation of the white wolf's skin.

Overcast had an aggressive personality, which is different from my own real life one. But at the time I was into fitness and strength training, so her physical positives reflected my own values. I used variations of her in various Pack Central pack roleplays.

Nice! Space actually looks similar to that, but with a blacker coat and lighter eyes.

Latra

Post by Latra » Tue May 17, 2016 12:30 pm

(Cool topic idea!) A character that's stuck with me for a while has been an old (male, if asked to specify I'd go for male) wolf. It kept away a lot of irritating players (mate beggars, sob story pups, etc.) It's name changed with just about every game server I played but it was always the same wolf.
╔════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╗
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
ꕥ ❁ ꕥ —Mary Oliver ꕥ ❁ ꕥ
╚════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╝

Quote / Av Shop

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Tue May 17, 2016 1:49 pm

wolfwhisp wrote: (Cool topic idea!) A character that's stuck with me for a while has been an old (male, if asked to specify I'd go for male) wolf. It kept away a lot of irritating players (mate beggars, sob story pups, etc.) It's name changed with just about every game server I played but it was always the same wolf.

Thanks for the compliment)

SamueWolfSword
Pup
Pup
Name: Samue

Post by SamueWolfSword » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:47 pm

Always Samue.
Samue has stayed with me through everything. It has been so long I can`t remember when/how Samue started.. Maybe it started when someone gifted the brown wolf stuffed animal (Samue) and complained about it being the wrong wolf stuffed animal, that I wanted the grey one instead..?

All of the usernames that I use are Samue`s name!
I may have multiple main characters, but Samue is my mainest character.

Samue`s Short Description:
~Personality: Switching. One hour she can be energetic, the next minute she can be creepy. Some her personalities can be but aren`t limited to: Energetic, Evil, Calm, Mysterious/Ominous, ''Funny'', Sad, Nice/Caring, Fearless.
~Old Appearance: Brown pelt, peach underfur, storm blue eyes (like mine!).
~Appearance: Dark brown pelt with some dark pale golden furs. Dark pale golden underfur. Golden eyes. Has a Dark Crystal on a brown faded red with blood string around her neck.
~Home: Panimoon

Spoiler
Show
Thank you
Ooo- Signature!
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
:butterfly:
This is hard for me to read.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:44 am

Tsuri and her siblings Kuruk and Bau tended to stay with me, though Bau and Kuruk hadn't come to be until after the update.

Tsuri was originally called "Okami", which changed to "Okami Mori", then "Okami Tsuri Mori", and then the "Tsuri Mori" it is today, haha.

Kuruk... He kinda popped out of nowhere. As did Bau.

I have attached to a lot of my WolfQuest characters since the new game. This is especially so because we get to pick from an array of pre-made wolves, or make new ones. Some of my other favorites include Yurei, Hapi, Tapio, Makui, Payat, Ziroh, Ishtar, Dhiren, Deldali, and Niatane. (Pretty much my whole list).

I've managed to grow attached to Kamaal's character Kamaal during an rp with her. I simply enjoy characters.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:03 am

Tsuri wrote:Tsuri and her siblings Kuruk and Bau tended to stay with me, though Bau and Kuruk hadn't come to be until after the update.

Tsuri was originally called "Okami", which changed to "Okami Mori", then "Okami Tsuri Mori", and then the "Tsuri Mori" it is today, haha.

I have attached to a lot of my WolfQuest characters since the new game. This is especially so because we get to pick from an array of pre-made wolves, or make new ones. Some of my other favorites include Yurei, Hapi, Tapio, Makui, Payat, Ziroh, Ishtar, Dhiren, Deldali, and Niatane. (Pretty much my whole list).

I've managed to grow attached to Kamaal's character Kamaal during an rp with her. I simply enjoy characters.
You have a big list there. I personally don't have many characters who tend to stay with me over a long period of time. They are only a handful with the top of the list beginning with Kamaal, followed by Kyoren and then ending with Pops Agahi and Lievan.
Last edited by Kamaal on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Kamaal wrote:
Tsuri wrote:Tsuri and her siblings Kuruk and Bau tended to stay with me, though Bau and Kuruk hadn't come to be until after the update.

You have a big list there. I personally don't have many characters who tend to stay with me over a long period of time. They are only a handful with the top of the list beginning with Kamaal, followed by Kyoren and then ending with Pops Agahi.
I don't really have characters that stick with me very often either, although I kinda have fallen in love with Ava, the first wolf I made in the 2.7 Demo, I plan on playing with her a lot when I can play 2.7 in full.

I can't wait to get to know Kamaal's characters though! :D

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:37 pm

SilkenGalaxy wrote:
Kamaal wrote:

You have a big list there. I personally don't have many characters who tend to stay with me over a long period of time. They are only a handful with the top of the list beginning with Kamaal, followed by Kyoren and then ending with Pops Agahi.
I don't really have characters that stick with me very often either, although I kinda have fallen in love with Ava, the first wolf I made in the 2.7 Demo, I plan on playing with her a lot when I can play 2.7 in full.

I can't wait to get to know Kamaal's characters though! :D

I'm sure we can figure something out when you manage to play the game Cake! I'm eager to see a few of your charries in action as well.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Post by Writers Block » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Wolf characters that have stuck with me? Years back I wrote a story (A Breeze Blowing In From The North, hopefully people don't remember it haha) with a few characters, some of my own creation and some made by friends: Breeze, Selena, Lydda, Morak, Leaf, Catori, and Star. Over the years, I've consolidated and developed these characters over the years, and they became: Breeze, Lark, Cheri, Morak, and Gurion. I've added in a character over time, too, Char, though I affectionately call him Unk. I started rewriting their story in So, This Is Paradise? but it was discontinued, and recently wrote a short with them called Hunt. They've changed a lot, and as I learn new things about identity and representation I usually go straight to these guys to test 'em out. Their dynamics and stories have changed so much over the years and though I may put them down for a while I always come back. :')

In a way my WQ player wolf, Mikazuki, has stayed through the years, since I've adopted her nickname Mika as an online alias.
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

Miscellane
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Miscellane » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:44 am

My favorite character of all time was my first, Wind. (I was formerly FallenShadow1319, in case you recognized me) Her character changed a lot, but her personality was the most complex of any of my characters. Her history changed a lot, and sometimes she had the power to control air (super original, I know) but I think my favorite part of her ever changing life story was when she fought off "The Dark Wolf," a roleplay theme my roleplay partner (Wind's significant other) and I kept up for a while. Wind also had a daughter named Spark, and several significant others throughout my time role playing her. I don't think I ever role played her in Pack Central, I believe I always role played her through MP. She was a warrior, temporarily the leader of a pack, a mother, a wife, a friend, an enemy, and sometimes a complete jerk. She was definitely my favorite character. If I were to keep up with her age, she'd be 7! She'd make quite the old lady! :lol:
Never tell me the odds.

Dragonbot
Pup
Pup

Post by Dragonbot » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:25 pm

My first character was a female wolf named Frost. I usually use a male wolf named Loki now, but i just can't keep the serious, calm personality.
What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:35 pm

• hm, my most favourite character that has stuck with me since back in 2009 or 2010 would have to be Shiranui, she hasn’t really changed much apart from her eye colour roleplay wise, went from blue to yellow, and I suppose she went from white to a dirty grey type of colour. She’s pretty much the only one I used to use a lot, no other wolves stuck with me (mainly because I can’t remember any others haha) cx
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:38 pm

My favorite character was one I made back when i first started out doing literate rps would most certainly have to be my bby Luma. As a character in rp unfortunately he has passed, he was very old wolfer who somehow managed to live up to the age of 8 {before he got poisoned by outdated meat from an elk}. i still like to keep him around though to do raise pup servers with him, he's a good wolfer. :wolf:

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”