Getting the Bring it On! 4 Pups achievement?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

cosmobianca
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Getting the Bring it On! 4 Pups achievement?

Post by cosmobianca » Sun May 29, 2016 11:49 am

So I've been playing the game for awhile trying to figure out ways to beat the challenge of four pups on the hardest difficulty. I've always gotten far, but my pups end up starving. It's so frustrating, yet so addicting to try again! Has anyone gotten this achievement, and if so, what was your strategy?

I had this idea of planting carcasses along the way during winter when the game came out, but I haven't gotten the chance to test my idea! How have you all fared?

Always be yourself!
Unless it's a unicorn.

Always be a unicorn.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: Getting the Bring it On! 4 Pups achievement?

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun May 29, 2016 12:29 pm

I've done it a few times...

Kill lots of elk, and I mean lots (a herd or two), before you have your pups. And don't let them die in the same general area (or close to each other), you want to leave a trail of carcasses that lead to the rendezvous site.

You also want to have some elk carcasses that are relatively close to your den (but not too close, as they attract predators), so you can heal up when you chase away a bear.

Also, remember to save often (make multiple save files), that way if you mess up (or a pup dies from a glitch), you'll still be okay.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

cosmobianca
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by cosmobianca » Sun May 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Sounds like a good idea. And you've done it a few times! Looks like I'll just have to just spend time prepping during winter.

Always be yourself!
Unless it's a unicorn.

Always be a unicorn.

Captain Rora
Name: Anda, Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Post by Captain Rora » Tue May 31, 2016 5:10 am

• So one day I said to my friend (whom seems to be obsessed with the Saddle Meadows den) that we should use the Aspen Heights den... On Bring It On. Neither of us had played on Bring It On yet I don't think, and he hadn't even heard of Aspen Heights, and I should also mention that my game lags like potato and that our pups seem to be constantly dying to the invisible eagle bug and popups... And also I spazz out whenever a coyote spawns RIGHT NEXT TO THE PUPS (I'm a hysterical mother). So, can you see why he thought I was joking?

Anyways, we killed half a million elk and decided that we didn't want to risk me forgetting where the river crossing is at Sandbar Crossing, so we went the long way, and by that I mean alllllllll the way near Saddle Meadows/The Cliffs and doubling back around Little Butte since we didn't know if the bear spawn point was still near that little grassy area. Surprisingly - despite the seemingly constant flow of coyotes bombarding our den (most likely because of all the carcasses right next to the den spawning them - we were having a little contest to see whom could get it closest to the den which turned out being a horrible idea) - all four pups survived. Actually, the journey was quite easy even if it was long.

It was in multiplayer though, so we didn't get the achievement. Or maybe I didn't get it because I wasn't the host, or because we had to restart the server because we got stuck on the Train Your Pups mission? I don't really know, but I still count it anyhow.
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

Samber
Name: Akira

Post by Samber » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:55 am

I never did it actually, oops :lol:
I'm not really good at raising pups, I usually play on pretty easy or challenging
Because sometimes one of my pups even die on pretty easy difficulty level O.O
─ are you calling me a sinner?
av©lupinz
x
X
X

not active anymore

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:09 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:I've done it a few times...

Kill lots of elk, and I mean lots (a herd or two), before you have your pups. And don't let them die in the same general area (or close to each other), you want to leave a trail of carcasses that lead to the rendezvous site.

You also want to have some elk carcasses that are relatively close to your den (but not too close, as they attract predators), so you can heal up when you chase away a bear.

Also, remember to save often (make multiple save files), that way if you mess up (or a pup dies from a glitch), you'll still be okay.
That's critical, especially in the "Defend Your Den" mission. I do not remember completing the game during beta testing on "Bring it On!", but I was playing on that difficulty and do not remember losing any pups before the journey. Had I continued, though, I likely would have lost some as I did not set up a trail of carcasses to the rendezvous site.

SamueWolfSword
Pup
Pup
Name: Samue

Post by SamueWolfSword » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:20 pm

I put the comment in a spoiler because it is a long comment.
Spoiler
Show
Always play at night to prevent ravens from eating the carcasses. If it isn`t night, switch it to night (but not too close to the den).
-
If you get far enough away from the den then predators won`t attack the pups. You don`t have to go too far away, you can still be in the territory (but you can go far away if you want to).
-
Sometimes a non-moving predator will spawn near the pups while you are gone, but the pups are safe unless the predator is moving from where it was. Once you start feeding a pup, a cutscene will probably activate.

Beware cutsceneless predators (predators that don`t have a cutscene).

Bears that are going after pups always take three bites to chase away.
-
When confronting a bear, if you move forward a tiny bit the bear might back up a little, or you might get to bite the bear without the bear hurting you, OR if you aren`t careful enough the bear will hurt you so don`t get too close. When confronting a bear but you want safer way (you can still make it back up, just don`t get too close) you can slowly/carefully back away from a bear until the bear changes from the 'looking at you' animation then rush at it (don`t stop) and bite it, stop rushing when you can`t bite the bear.

I always fight bears and cougars.

Don`t always trust your mate with the food. The wolf that should take priority when eating the carcass is you.
-
Howl to pause/stop mate. Although after a few seconds your mate will continue, maybe not doing the same thing.
-
Trust your mate when carrying pups across rivers. At Sandbar Crossing, your mate would cross both rivers with a single run, and not drown the pups.

Stay close to pups when travelling. Although sometimes you might want to take chances...

The (probably) most important thing to do: Save frequently. If a pup dies, then don`t save, instead reload the save.

~~~
~~~

(All of the ^above^ applies to both multiplayer and singleplayer)
If Multiplayer: Making sure players have set the difficulty to "Bring It On" before joining the game and having players always press "Bring It On" when the difficulty pop-up appears might not make you able to receive the "Bring four pups to the rendezvous site on Bring It On" achievement.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”