Wolf naming system is a little... weird

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

StormRyder36
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Usually Colorado or Wyoming, unless I am on an adventure!

Wolf naming system is a little... weird

Post by StormRyder36 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:46 pm

So when you name a new wolf In wolfquest, it will not let you name it bad words or gross things, which is understandable and perhaps neccessary for a multiplayer game. However, the name "constipated" is still perfectly ok according to the game?! Yet it won'the let me name a wolf Kraken, after the mythical squid. I was trying to name pups after mythical creatures. It won'the let me name a wolf braken or draken, either. For some reason, it thinks that raken is a vulgar word, yet constipated is perfectly fine? I looked it up, and raken is apparently slang for racoon. Its not like talking about racoons is toilet or swear word oriented. It's a small detail, but it would be nice if it could be fixed. You can't name a wolf lucky or bucky either, because it rhymes with the f word.
Please feel free to share some of the funniest wolf names that you have seen! Am I alone or do others have similar experiences with innocent names being not allowed?[center[/center]
My life philosophy: You can't predict the future, so why be afraid?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: Wolf naming system is a little... weird

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Looks like "rake" is what's blocking that. Not sure exactly why "rake" is on the bad words list, though I'd guess because some people used it instead of a rhyming word that was banned. I'll remove it next time I update the game.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

SamueWolfSword
Pup
Pup
Name: Samue

Re: Wolf naming system is a little... weird

Post by SamueWolfSword » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:58 pm

~~~Something I noticed: A pup`s name can be Female, but can`t have the word Female in it. An example would be:
-Naming a pup Female and pressing done, the name stays and your pup is named Female.
-Naming a pup female and pressing done, the name is gone and the name Female appears in it`s place. The same thing happens if you have the word female or Female in the name but add another character.
Notes: The name is case-sensitive (capital/lower-case matters). This doesn`t apply to the word male.
Ooo- Signature!
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler