An important rule not clear enough.

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Re: An important rule not clear enough.

Post by Pelican » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Wait so we can have a mate but not engage in inappropriate actions which is understandable. But I find it incredibly unjust that they - they as in the characters not the people playing them - can't have romantic relationships. Real life wolf couples are very affectionate so it is completely unrealistic. And banning the word love really? Love can be platonic though??? I mean I know it's misused sometimes but is it possible to ban phrases rather than words??? And it's less likely to be misused than other words eg mate. Maybe it's just the fact that I am completely oblivious when it comes to euphemisms but still it seems unfair to me. I am not tryi g to be rude but I am just stating my opinion.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Pelican wrote:Wait so we can have a mate but not engage in inappropriate actions which is understandable. But I find it incredibly unjust that they - they as in the characters not the people playing them - can't have romantic relationships. Real life wolf couples are very affectionate so it is completely unrealistic. And banning the word love really? Love can be platonic though??? I mean I know it's misused sometimes but is it possible to ban phrases rather than words??? And it's less likely to be misused than other words eg mate. Maybe it's just the fact that I am completely oblivious when it comes to euphemisms but still it seems unfair to me. I am not tryi g to be rude but I am just stating my opinion.
Private games.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:52 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Pelican wrote:Wait so we can have a mate but not engage in inappropriate actions which is understandable. But I find it incredibly unjust that they - they as in the characters not the people playing them - can't have romantic relationships. Real life wolf couples are very affectionate so it is completely unrealistic. And banning the word love really? Love can be platonic though??? I mean I know it's misused sometimes but is it possible to ban phrases rather than words??? And it's less likely to be misused than other words eg mate. Maybe it's just the fact that I am completely oblivious when it comes to euphemisms but still it seems unfair to me. I am not tryi g to be rude but I am just stating my opinion.
Private games.
Actually I agree with what Pelican stated here, but I also support Dave's point of view. Private games should be a suitable option for such RP themes/plots etc etc.

Thanks for clarifying the whole 'mate' thing, it made things a lot easier!
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:32 pm

I've been reading through this topic and I must say, I'm glad that this rule has been clarified!

resanfray
Pup
Pup

Post by resanfray » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:19 pm

Okay okay.. So let me get this clear in my head.

We CAN have a mate/partner on our own. We CAN have a mate/partner with someone else. So it's like... TonyXDaisy Played by the same person and Ocean/Stone played by two people.
However the actual action of mating/breeding is NOT allowed. I understand that part.
Is this correct?

Can I also ask why the word 'love' is filtered. It is honestly so sad as in my book it is one of the purest words. Unfortunately it has been so corrupted it is gone. Is this my understanding?

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:49 am

I had a few questions about this the other day when someone was asking about mates on a game, but after reading all of this my questions are cleared up, thank you!
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:56 pm

silk-fur wrote:Okay okay.. So let me get this clear in my head.

We CAN have a mate/partner on our own. We CAN have a mate/partner with someone else. So it's like... TonyXDaisy Played by the same person and Ocean/Stone played by two people.
However the actual action of mating/breeding is NOT allowed. I understand that part.
Is this correct?

Can I also ask why the word 'love' is filtered. It is honestly so sad as in my book it is one of the purest words. Unfortunately it has been so corrupted it is gone. Is this my understanding?
You are correct. Sadly, "love" quickly became the go-to replacement word for "mate" in game-names. We agree it is discouraging that a few people can make these draconian types of rules necessary. However, we have to balance our limited time... and managing "love games" was taking attention away from more important WQ work

Really, the filters are meant to send a message that WQ public games are not dating chat rooms and sexual conversations and/or roleplay are not appropriate in public WQ games.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”