What other platforms do you wish WQ 2.7 were on?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

What other platforms do you wish WQ 2.7 were on?

Post by Sunset-Light » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:01 am

(Feel free to lock this, mods, if there's already a thread like this ^^)

We all know that WolfQuest 2.7 is on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Kindle. But what other platforms do you wish WQ was on? Or do you like it just as the way it is right now?

Personally I think that it'd be cool if the game was on Xbox 360 or Xbox One.
Last edited by Sunset-Light on Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Re: What other platforms do you wish WQ 2.7 were on?

Post by psy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:03 am

I think it's just fine right now. It'd feel weird for the game to be released on console, on Wii or on a Nintendo device. I feel as if a PC and mobile version is good enough.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:08 pm

If it were availible for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii, that would be absolutely amazing!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 am

My boyfriend has said he would play it if it was available on PlayStation platforms. I feel the game would reach a lot more people on other platforms. Steam really expanded the PC player platform, but to create more ways of playing would greatly increase the numbers of players.
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm not sure if WolfQuest would be received well if it was released on current gen platforms such as the Xbox One and PS4. While WolfQuest has improved its graphics significantly, it's not at the standard your casual current-gen gamer would appreciate for its realistic style, and I'm not sure how well the control scheme would translate to controllers.

I fear that the context of WolfQuest as a game from a non-AAA developer would be lost in translation to the aforementioned platforms. Going through Steam's Greenlight process and appearing in indie stores like itch.io carry that context well without players expecting something akin to The Witness (released cross-platform, including PC on Steam) in art design for example, as one might be more inclined to expect for ports to/from console platforms. Yes, there are plenty of indie games released for Xbox One and PS4, but the nature/style/art design of these indie games are inherently different from games like WolfQuest and cater more towards those audiences, e.g. if someone told me an educational wolf simulator (put Goat Simulator out of your mind) was coming to my PS4 in 2017, I would expect it the art style to be at the completely photo-realistic level. I personally feel that a WolfQuest release for any console platform is not viable, but that's my two cents.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:07 pm

I completely agree with Koa, it is just not feasible nor would I believe it would be successful. Console gamers are especially picky about their graphics, and while graphics don't mean everything obviously, WolfQuest just isn't up to snuff with other indie games on consoles & I am afraid it wouldn't be received well at all.

I know I would be disappointed if I saw WolfQuest's graphics on my PS4/One/Switch. When people think of console games, usually graphic-intensive games comes to mind.

Now, Nintendo products might be a different story. They always focus on gameplay instead of graphics.

Also, the game isn't complete (yet?), so porting it to consoles would be pointless.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:18 pm

I wish it was on ps4. I would play it a lot more since my laptop gets really hot after playing Wolfquest for more than an hour.

I do think people would buy this game on other platforms. For example, I remember the game Afrika made it to ps4, and that game was all about taking pictures of animals in a semi-open world setting in Africa. Similarly, there are a lot of hunting games on both Playstation and Xbone.

The original Wolfquest coordinators didn't think Wolfquest could last and look how far we've taken it! It is definitely possible.

JordyWild
Pup
Pup

Post by JordyWild » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:28 pm

I would love to see this game on an Nintendo device or on the new Nintendo Switch!

For the Nintendo Switch it is an option to digitally download games instead of physically buying the small game cartridge at your game store

I think at WolfQuest's graphic point right now would look AMAZING on an Nintendo Device, i mean it looks awesome on phones why not take that extra jump?

Afterall it would jump the player population ALOT i think if this was moved to a console game, probably a bigger jump if it was moved to a PS4 or Xbox 1 but a hop of players if it were to be developed on the Switch.

Take WolfQuest on the go like you would your phone AND get to play it on a TV like you would a PS4 or Xbox 1.

I would probably die of a Heart Attack if i saw this get released on a Nintendo Switch, i would BUY this game over Zelda ANY DAY of the Week
See You on The Wildside

Subscribe to my new Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH2PFW ... 8-t0I_5C2g
Check out my JordyWild Fan site! For all the latest updates and videos! http://jordywolfgamer.wixsite.com/mysite

Formerly: JordyWolfGamer
JordyWild by © WilderProductions

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:55 pm

All I really wish for is full controller compatibility because I can already get wolf quest on my tv using the hdmi cord and connecting the two which makes it 5X better:D
Go your own way

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Post by Weylenn » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Switch dev kit is about 400$, by the way, compared to ps4 dev kit which is 2000$.

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:57 am

It would be neat to play it on the Nintendo switch.
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”