The WolfQuest Wiki

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

The WolfQuest Wiki

Post by Neamara » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:01 pm

A thread is loooonnnggg overdue for this... so, here we go...
The WolfQuest Wiki is a community site that anyone can contribute to. Discover, share and add your knowledge!
Link: http://wolfquest.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Still a very work-in-progress and incomplete knowledge base, the WolfQuest Wiki is an open resource for anyone and everyone to use. Whether you are adding data, images, video footage or tips about the game and its community, we welcome and appreciate all* contributions!
Joining
While we currently allow contributions from unregistered contributors, not all articles can be edited by visitors, and some benefits can only be given to registered contributors. You can sign up via the link shown at the top of the page beside the search bar. Wikia's terms of service for Fandom state that you must be thirteen (13) or older to sign up, but as WolfQuest is intended for people of all ages, we don't ban nor do we report or otherwise flag accounts below this age.

Contributing
Everyone is able to edit most of the pages the Wiki has to offer. However, some articles are protected in an attempt to prevent vandalism and other unwanted edits, but that doesn't mean they can't be edited at all. Coloured padlocks shown on the top-right corner of any given article indicate protection type.
On [url=http://wolfquest.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:3781]Thread:3781[/url] I wrote:Gold Padlock - Full protection. (Usually permanent, though we treat this on a case-by-case basis.)
Silver Padlock - Semi-protected; only registered users can edit.
Olive Padlock - Move protected; only administrators can move the specified article.
Red Padlock - Indefinitely protected.
The most common padlock shown will be the silver padlock, representing that the article cannot be edited by unregistered and newly-registered members of the WolfQuest Wiki. Members whose accounts are in the autoconfirmed group (this is an automatic process granted once your account is four days old) and logged in may freely edit these pages.

Versions supported
The site is split between versions 2.5 and 2.7, so expect to see some duplicate articles which may have drastic differences in layout/content. What this entails is having three articles for one thing if the changes warrant a split; one as a landing page with both articles offered on the same page thanks to the tabview template, one for 2.5, and one for 2.7 and above. The latter two are editable; landing pages are permanently protected.

Wikia/Fandom Help and Guides
For those familiar with it, HTML code is usable. To help people get started it's a good idea to check the guides available in the help hub.
An overview for editors is available here- Contributing.
Quick links: WikitextEditingFormattingCategoriesTemplates See our article

News
This section will list five of the most recent news threads if I remember to add them here.
*Except vandalism and bad faith edits. No. Don't you dare.

The WolfQuest community guidelines loosely apply to the Wiki so if you're familiar with those, you should be fine and don't need to review the very messy and mostly wip policy. (No seriously, it's a mess. The plan is to make it a slightly more relaxed version of the current community guidelines, only modified to be suitable for the Wiki.)

I'll continue to build this topic up in the future. I've been meaning to post this since July 2015 according to my draft copy. :oops: If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this thread.
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updating post.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: The WolfQuest Wiki

Post by loboLoco » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 pm

The wiki is an amazing piece of work and I'm just a bit embarrassed that I had nothing to do with it. Great job, Neamara!! And thanks to all the other contributors as well!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:30 am

Aaaah I've seen this weeks ago! 8D
It looks really neat so far! Good job!
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Slight repost:
I wrote:Many of the Wiki's 3.0 articles have been put up based on developer's blog entries for things that we know will be changing. Still a work in progress, plus they all currently serve as placeholders at this point in time; likewise, article titles are subject to change as well. "Wolf juvenile" was chosen for the "teen" life stage because it seemed appropriate (3½ months on the IWC's pup development page befits their definition of a wolf's juvenile period) shown in the teen wolf entry.
What do you guys make of "wolf juvenile" being the title of the article that will provide information about the "teenage" life stage that Dave teased earlier in the year? Is it at all relevant? Does anyone have a better idea for what the title should be? I can't help but think that it's somehow incorrect/inaccurate... normally I'd ask on its own talk page, but activity is usually low so responses aren't easy to come by.

On another subject, I am currently focusing on splitting articles that need to be split to make way for landing pages, unprotecting partially protected articles (for 2.5 and for 2.7, the latter of which will be starting from January) to allow everyone the ability to edit without requiring a Wikia account, plus more. We've still got a long way to go to get templates, navboxes and landing pages created or updated, and I'm still backlogged for a lot of articles (my Wiki folder is swimming in unfinished unpublished drafts) and content that needs to be created or updated.
I really need to find some time to get back into working on this... I apologise for the lack of work this year. x_x
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Perhaps the ‘Pup entry’ could include all the ages and pictures, so instead of one stage it is basically an all-in-one guide to all the pups in all stages? Sounds like it’d save space.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”