How many wolves do you use?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

18%
13%
3-5
23%
More than 5
46%

Total votes: 39

Paxis
Pup
Pup

Post by Paxis » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering the average amount of wolves players tend to create and use in the game. Are you someone who prefers to just use one wolf, or are you someone who enjoys to use many different wolves for separate occasions?

If you use multiple, is there a specific reason for it? Or just for fun?

Personally, I've always just used one wolf for everything. However, I'm considering if it's worth making a second one just to have the satisfaction of building xp for a wolf again. The wolf I've been using has far over 200,000xp now which can take the fun out of xp building. The reason I enjoy having just one wolf is mostly just for identity reasons; I'm known as Azura by users far more than my game username Paxis, and I enjoy that.

´*.¨¯`**¨¯`*
Username in-game is Paxis and wolf is Azura

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Re: How many wolves do you use?

Post by Windstrider » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am

I have a main one or two that I use most of the time but I like making a bunch to try out different coat colors and ability settings.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:17 am

Eleven. I really, really like playing around with the customization options.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm pretty sure that I have created more than 5 characters in-game. I may not use all of them in the same amounts--I play as some more than others. In my case, most of these wolves are for roleplay, haha.

I do use one main wolf for EXP farming however.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Well, we play generationally on my YouTube channel and we're currently going into our 4th generation (basically, when one wolf "gets old" after having a few litters, we create adult versions of their puppies and vote on one to continue the saga). All of our main wolves' puppies get an adult form, though we don't use all of them... I believe the family tree has over 130 members now, but that counts ALL the puppies, even ones that never got an adult form. If I had to guess, I'd say we have around 50 or more wolves with an adult form, plus two or three of my personal characters lol. There were so many that eventually I had to start moving "side" characters from previous generations out of the main folder so that I could keep their files without have to scroll through dozens of wolves to find whoever I was looking for lol.
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:55 pm

I really only use one (Koa) but created more wolves for the purpose of beta testing. I also like testing out the different coat colors and wolf stats; it's more experimental use.

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 pm

I have a main wolf I like to play, Tempest, but I typically play generationally like Frodo1 does. I like picking a pup from each litter and then having them continue on the family line and seeing how their story unfolds c:

I'm not quite sure exactly how many wolves I have saved now. Too many to remember haha!
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

And the tempest is raging,

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:45 pm

I have four, Fenris, Jaeger, Acadia, and Loup, which I've played for a while now. Jaeger is my main wolf who I use for most beta testing, experience point farming, and MP, but I use the others fairly often as well. I like this setup because I have two males, two females, one per difficulty level, and enough room to play around with customizations without getting overwhelmed by wolf files. I also prefer to have a few well developed characters rather than a bunch of shallow ones. I never play generationally (not sure why), and I usually just stay at the den with my pups.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 am

According to my Documents\WolfQuest\Wolves directory I have twelve wolves, though only two of them are used more often than the rest when I do boot up and play WolfQuest. Many of them have been sitting around collecting dust since pre-release. :oops: There's my main wolf, Nightra, who is still used for campaign replays and is my preferred character for multiplayer participation due to her mid-to-high speed stat. Then there's Neamara, my secondary wolf with equal strength and speed. Both were used fairly extensively alongside Blanca (old 'be the tree' who is actually based on a wolf in another videogame whom I used throughout my early multiplayer days before venturing into the community forums) throughout beta testing, and I haven't really picked him up again since then. Perhaps I will pay him another visit again someday...

There is also Wikia, the main wolf with balanced stats I use for most if not all things to do with the WolfQuest Wiki/Fandom site who hasn't been left to rot; he features the most in a lot of the content I upload there (makes sense to have a radio collared wolf be the focus of such a task ;)). I don't play generationally -- the concept has never really interested me and I like to focus on one character at a time for experience points and ranking to the point where I'd really rather not restart whenever I do feel motivated enough to play.

TL,DR: I am actively playing two, maybe three at a push out of the twelve (at the time of posting at least) wolves I have created.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 am

I use more wolves than I can count. In single-player I usually have 2-3 active wolves at a time, but in multi-player I have several wolves for roleplaying and a few for raising pups. I don't use most of my wolves, however, in my lifetime, I've probably created 30+.

EDIT: Also, I didn't add in that I use generation playing.
Last edited by Sunset-Light on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunfrost23
Pup
Pup
Name: Veronica

Post by Sunfrost23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 am

I also do generational playing, like a lot of people do. I name all my wolves after characters from Middle-earth and I have been following a specific family tree from that world. So far I have done eleven generations. For multiplayer, however, I usually use my wolf named Sylvana, who is not connected to my other wolves.
Out of doubt, out of dark, to the day's rising
I came singing into the sun, sword unsheathing
To hope's end I ran, and to heart's breaking
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

~Eomer, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Paxis
Pup
Pup

Post by Paxis » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 am

Wow, I'm certainly surprised from the responses! I hadn't even realized generation playing was a thing until now. It's very interesting to hear about everyone's different preferences for playing. :)

´*.¨¯`**¨¯`*
Username in-game is Paxis and wolf is Azura

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 am

I have four wolves under my belt right now. The first is my main wolf Max, who I mainly use for roleplaying and EXP grinding (but that hasn't been going too well haha). The second is Barrett which I use for pretty much the same purposes as Max but not as often. The third is Artemis, which is a wolf I use mostly for Multiplayer servers. The fourth is Raigho, based off of the Off-White comic series, which I use for Singleplayer games. I'll also be using Raigho as a start for generational gameplay.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:49 pm

I have three currently. Ylva is my main wolf that I play on multiplayer almost all the time. Coal was actually the first wolf I created when I got 2.7. And then I have Strawberry who was just a test of coat colors and stats. I am eventually going to create more, but I am too focused on these 3 currently.
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

UtahHusky
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Utah

Post by UtahHusky » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:40 am

Over five. I play the game over and over again (each time I get a new wolf) so I can prepare for the next difficulty. But on Multiplayer I almost always use one wolf.
Wolves are the wind, and I am the Willow tree.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”