WolfQuest Rituals

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

WolfQuest Rituals

Post by Bushmeat » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:38 pm

I can't be the only one who has habits and rituals they've developed while playing, whether or not you still do them- or play at all. Let's discuss!

- In 2.5, I always got a mate from the Soda Butte Vista without exception. Now, honestly, I usually avoid it because of the cliffs.

- Whenever I have to start a new game in Amethyst Mountain, I always hunt a few hares. It's completely unnecessary, but I enjoy doing it.

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WolfQuest Rituals

Post by Polynesia » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:16 pm

When I first get a mate, I always howl to see what kind of howl they have. :wolf:

In Amethyst mountain, on my way to the first wolf territory, I always pass that place where the bears spawn, by the pool of water, and chase a bear.

Usually I play with the environment set at night, but for the rendezvous mission I change it to daylight so I can see the eagle shadow and protect my pups.
Avatar (c) LupinzPack. Thank you. :)

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:58 pm

-Ever since 2.5, I've always gotten my mates from the northern territory, near the ponds and the grassy plains.
Polynesia wrote:When I first get a mate, I always howl to see what kind of howl they have. :wolf:
Same here, to be honest, haha. If they don't have the howl I want, or a decent howl in general, I'll often reload.

-I always stay in Amethyst Mountain for a while after acquiring a mate before heading to Slough Creek

-During the Slough Creek Mission, I'll usually pick one of the two tree dens by Bison Creek.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Post by Bushmeat » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:55 am

Phasoli wrote:
Polynesia wrote:When I first get a mate, I always howl to see what kind of howl they have. :wolf:
Same here, to be honest, haha. If they don't have the howl I want, or a decent howl in general, I'll often reload.
Hmm, interesting. I never thought to do that! When I first got 2.7 I definitely had a few favorite howls, but now I've grown to appreciate all of them at least a little. (Though, to be honest, I'm also way too lazy to keep reloading for a new mate.)

Agreed on the bear spawns and playing at night. It's weird to think it was perpetually high noon for so long!

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 am

I'm not sure this is really that unique, but the winter hunts have always felt really ritualistic. It's so hard to survive if you don't hunt for your pups before they arrive though!
(I'm... actually really excited for this one to be over tbh, it's really time consuming and annoying to record/edit XD I really hope the new version will eliminate the need for winter hunts XD)
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:03 pm

- When looking for a mate in Amethyst Mountain, I'll run from the Slough Territory to the small pond, where bears often spawn, gaining XP.

- I usually go through 10-26 dispersal females before I accept one as a mate.

- I too howl to find out a mates howl before fully accepting them.

- I always put my mates through a test before fully accepting, testing how they hunt, how they respond to emotes, the such.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:02 pm

- i find a mate first usually, and i usually pick the far northwest corner territory.
- i always pick one of the tree dens. usually the one that isn't the "bonus" one as i dont spend a lot of time in AM
- however on the "find a den" quest i usually hang out for a long while before actually doing anything--i love the snow so much

edit;; bb, the testing is in multiplayer right? i didn't think you could do that in singleplayer
unless you just reload old saves which is an option i forgot about

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:26 pm

alethe wrote:

edit;; bb, the testing is in multiplayer right? i didn't think you could do that in singleplayer
unless you just reload old saves which is an option i forgot about
Nope, its on singleplayer. Mates on singleplayer actually do have different personalities, some can't hunt very well, and some can. Some are better with pups then others. I always test my mates to see what their personality is before going to SC, because its really annoying when I mate messes up a hunt... If I don't like that mate, I go back to home menu and restart at Amethyst, because thankfully when you do that, it gets rid of the mate but not your other stuff (XP, Stats, etc.)
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:11 pm

In 2.5 i always went to the territories in this order

Soda Butte Vista
Amethyst Mountain
Grassy Plain

Idk why but i guess i just did. I still kind of do that but usually i go to the nearest territory first when i get enough xp.

I almost always choose the Bison Peak den when i play WQ, my second choice is Aspen Heights. I have had bad luck with Saddle ever since 2.5 (especially the first game i ever played), and i have picked it in 2.7 and have had better luck but i kinda dont like going there first thing either way.
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:26 am

Frodo1 wrote:I'm not sure this is really that unique, but the winter hunts have always felt really ritualistic. It's so hard to survive if you don't hunt for your pups before they arrive though!
(I'm... actually really excited for this one to be over tbh, it's really time consuming and annoying to record/edit XD I really hope the new version will eliminate the need for winter hunts XD)
On the contrary, for an extra challenge, I'll only lay one or two carcasses down during the winter mission (sometimes none at all) for an extra challenge during spring! I do admit, it does require speed and patience to catch elk during the spring.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Post by Bushmeat » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Frodo1 wrote:I'm not sure this is really that unique, but the winter hunts have always felt really ritualistic. It's so hard to survive if you don't hunt for your pups before they arrive though!
Haha, same here! I don't record videos or anything, but it feels really weird to casually snack on an elk you strategically placed last season. On the other hand, if you don't, it's like a mass famine.
Black Burn wrote:- I usually go through 10-26 dispersal females before I accept one as a mate.

- I always put my mates through a test before fully accepting, testing how they hunt, how they respond to emotes, the such.
Do you cycle through the 10-26 on the basis of pelt color? Which ones are you looking for? This sounds so strange to me since I always accept the first warm body that agrees to start a pack with me, lol- though I guess I've been lucky, I've had good results!
Black Burn wrote:Mates on singleplayer actually do have different personalities, some can't hunt very well, and some can. Some are better with pups then others. I always test my mates to see what their personality is before going to SC, because its really annoying when I mate messes up a hunt... If I don't like that mate, I go back to home menu and restart at Amethyst, because thankfully when you do that, it gets rid of the mate but not your other stuff (XP, Stats, etc.)
Really? I haven't noticed any difference at all in any of mine re:hunting, emoting. Not saying you're wrong, just saying I mustn't be very observant at all! The only interesting thing I've seen myself was that one of my mates seemed to be obsessed with the fourth puppy in particular, because on the final journey she would always carry that puppy over to me whenever I got more than a few steps away... which was nice, I guess, except it didn't help because I had to wait for the other pups to catch up anyway. I'm excited to really see personalities come out in WQ 3!
IceaPlayzPC wrote:In 2.5 i always went to the territories in this order

Soda Butte Vista
Amethyst Mountain
Grassy Plain
Oh, that reminds me! I used to do the same thing, but since I ended in Soda Butte I went the opposite way, Grassy>Amethyst>Soda.
Phasoli wrote:On the contrary, for an extra challenge, I'll only lay one or two carcasses down during the winter mission (sometimes none at all) for an extra challenge during spring! I do admit, it does require speed and patience to catch elk during the spring.
Not sure I'd be able to make it on my own, but I'd love to try it with some other people on Multiplayer!

I've remembered a few more myself.

- If a hare randomly spawns, you have to hunt and kill it. Doesn't matter if you're not hungry, or your wolf is slow, or you're busy.
- No matter what, when killing an entire elk herd, the bull goes down last. Even if you already have plenty of food and help and could take it down immediately, all the cows must go first.
- If hunting with a lot of people in multiplayer, the stronger cows that don't run are killed first. They're just... easier.

Anyone else have a standard name they give pups in multiplayer, if you get to name one? I usually go with Bruno. It's generic enough no one has a problem with it, and people can usually guess who named it if they want.

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Bushmeat wrote:
Black Burn wrote:- I usually go through 10-26 dispersal females before I accept one as a mate.

Do you cycle through the 10-26 on the basis of pelt color? Which ones are you looking for? This sounds so strange to me since I always accept the first warm body that agrees to start a pack with me, lol- though I guess I've been lucky, I've had good results!
Black Burn wrote:Mates on singleplayer actually do have different personalities, some can't hunt very well, and some can. Some are better with pups then others. I always test my mates to see what their personality is before going to SC, because its really annoying when I mate messes up a hunt... If I don't like that mate, I go back to home menu and restart at Amethyst, because thankfully when you do that, it gets rid of the mate but not your other stuff (XP, Stats, etc.)
Really? I haven't noticed any difference at all in any of mine re:hunting, emoting. Not saying you're wrong, just saying I mustn't be very observant at all! The only interesting thing I've seen myself was that one of my mates seemed to be obsessed with the fourth puppy in particular, because on the final journey she would always carry that puppy over to me whenever I got more than a few steps away... which was nice, I guess, except it didn't help because I had to wait for the other pups to catch up anyway. I'm excited to really see personalities come out in WQ 3!
Well, coloring does have a little to do with it. My preference varies with each of my wolves, with my main man Blackburn, I prefer brown through tan or white.

Some mates are slow to respond when you wag your tail at them, and some reply faster. Like my mate with my newest wolf, any time we were near food she'd be slow to respond, any where away from it she'd be faster, so generally that means she likes food...

I also like a mate that won't eat non stop when raising pups, some will constantly go back and forth from den to carcass, while some won't. Non stop feeding can result in low food at the end of the game, which isn't good...

- I often name my mates something to match my wolf

- I sometimes make up words for pup names (Lykia, Nomaya, Calina, ect)
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:26 pm

The bull goes down last ritual seems to happen with about 80%-90% of the time in the multiplayer raising pups games I've gone in. It's rather interesting, too- even if we had plenty of food, the bull almost always has gone down last.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:09 pm

*In SP, I always get a mate from Slough Creek territory. I don't know why XD
*I like to chase coyotes towards the coyote rock and kill them there. I don't know why XD
*When hunting, I'll bite the elk, back away and then bite it again, repeating this over and over until it dies. When it's running and I'm chasing it, I rarely hang off its... I rarely jump and hang on to it because I like to just go bitebitebitebite instead of one big bite and then low stamina. I also like to make elk piles.
*I don't really kill hares, and I don't really care for AM nor LR. If I join a game that a person made, and it's LR or AM, blegh
*I have a bad habit of joining other people's games. I need to be the host, because I seem to be the only one who can scope out trouble that is needed to be reported. Even my friends sometimes slip a few bad words here and there, but reporting is undetailed when it comes to being a member, and not the host.
*I don't really make new wolves, I just take the same wolf and edit it over and over to make new wolves. I like having high stats c:

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:02 pm

I like to always choose my mate from Slough Territory. then get a den in Saddle Meadows. Of course I hunt my way to enough experience to make the pups, too! :moose:

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”