WolfQuest Rituals

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

XxDestinyHeartxX
Pup
Pup
Name: Destiny/Dest

Re: WolfQuest Rituals

Post by XxDestinyHeartxX » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:43 am

- The first thing I do in a new game in AM is head to the forested hunting area and kill an elk, if only for experience.
- I almost always come up with personalities for my wolf (Silver is a leader, Destiny is family-oriented, Blossom is evil, and IceFang is a brand new OC so not sure yet)
- I always alternate between Bison Peak and Saddle Meadows den sites, as Aspen Heights is too far for me in a singleplayer
- I don’t care much for Lost River, although I do enjoy achievement and Floppy hunting there.
- I almost always try to distract the mates when I’m hunting because they always mess up my steering
- I love to pile elk!
- I keep a family tree of my wolves (It’s interesting to see the difference between the grandchildren and children!)
. Moonlight Howl Pack .

There are nights
when the wolves are silent
and only the moon howls to you

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 am

I don't have many habits in WolfQuest, but one thing I like to do is make my wolf turn on-the-spot just before settling down to sleep, like many dogs seem to do.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Post by Allikat10011 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:06 am

After I get a mate, I ALWAYS hunt with them. I want to feel a bond with them and get to know them and start memories.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:55 pm

I've noticed that after every time I kill an elk, and specifically cow elk (no other prey triggers this), I have to take a bite before moving on. When a friend and I are trying to break the pup weight record of all time and we're trying to eat from only one elk at a time when hunting in front of the den, I get frustrated as it is difficult to overcome my habit and instead of eating the elk we just killed I need to go to the elk assigned as the 'health center'. This way the elk last longer and are fed to LittleFat (the name we give the pup that we feed continuously).

I've noticed that almost all my characters are female, and I seem to develop their personalities after RPing them and seeing what happens (most backstories to my wolves are from real RPs I've had, like Walter, Orpah and Flight, though Nyx's I made up before going into a game). And most of them have quite unique features (you don't run into many wolves like Orpah too often ^^ and Nyx is a whole other thing...)

And then I've noticed that I've grown a lot more protective about pups, and I get fed up when I'm trying to carry the pup I named and two other players are running around with him/her in their mouths. Typically I just let them go until I start feeding the pups from their mouths, but now I'm just downright annoyed right away, and I panic when everyone runs away from the predator that's trying to get at one of our pups. XD

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:27 am

Not entirely positive if this counts as a 'ritual', per say, but at the same time I guess it kinda classes as one?

I get terribly fidgety when I sit down and am unable to do anything for a long time, so when it comes to running to a certain location in the game-- and it's a far distance--, as I'm running I'll switch between spamming the scent-view and the name-tag toggle, just to give my mind something to do. It's gotten to the point where I don't realise I'm doing it anymore until I'm editing footage I've captured. When I catch myself at my own antics, I'll get annoyed by it and stop. Then will probably proceed to do after a few moments and I've ended up forgetting about it.
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:08 pm

NoyaTusk wrote:Not entirely positive if this counts as a 'ritual', per say, but at the same time I guess it kinda classes as one?

I get terribly fidgety when I sit down and am unable to do anything for a long time, so when it comes to running to a certain location in the game-- and it's a far distance--, as I'm running I'll switch between spamming the scent-view and the name-tag toggle, just to give my mind something to do. It's gotten to the point where I don't realise I'm doing it anymore until I'm editing footage I've captured. When I catch myself at my own antics, I'll get annoyed by it and stop. Then will probably proceed to do after a few moments and I've ended up forgetting about it.
Oh dude, I do that sometimes! When I'm waiting for someone to say something, I'll spam the nametags over and over and over and over, and sometimes when I'm hunting I'll do the same with the scent view.

Brinnadaze
Pup
Pup
Name: Brianna

Post by Brinnadaze » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Frodo1 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 am
I'm not sure this is really that unique, but the winter hunts have always felt really ritualistic. It's so hard to survive if you don't hunt for your pups before they arrive though!
(I'm... actually really excited for this one to be over tbh, it's really time consuming and annoying to record/edit XD I really hope the new version will eliminate the need for winter hunts XD)
I dunno, I kind of like winter hunting to an extent. But I'm not talking about grind-killing, like, 4 herds of elk -- I actually enjoy hunting one or two in winter, especially on Single-player. It's sort of calming, I find myself in the mindset of: okay. Pups are coming in the spring. My mate and I have to provide for them. Definitely a little ritualistic.

I also have a terrible habit of constantly checking map.

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:06 pm

I like to go to Pack Stats when the pups are growing and check which pup is the smallest or the largest. :)

Atlatl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Atlatl » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 pm

I always visit the "Moon Tree" in AM

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:55 pm

I always howl as soon as I get a mate to see what their howl is. I also will sometimes hunt with my new mate before going to Slough Creek if I have the time to.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Frodo1 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 am
I'm not sure this is really that unique, but the winter hunts have always felt really ritualistic. It's so hard to survive if you don't hunt for your pups before they arrive though!
(I'm... actually really excited for this one to be over tbh, it's really time consuming and annoying to record/edit XD I really hope the new version will eliminate the need for winter hunts XD)
I never even considered the need for winter hunts. i never knew In tell now that the carcasses would be preserved. and because of that my pups almot always had low health!
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf