What's your Wolfquest 3 Mate Like?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

What's your Wolfquest 3 Mate Like?

Post by Ecliptic » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 am

What mate does your current wolf have? Mine is a Beartooth female (I think 22f but I can't remember) and she's not very bold, so she always ends up waiting until I've already almost killed the animal before she helps me! She also has a tendency to just stand in the way of predators, not fighting them but not running away either. Makes combat kinda difficult :x.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Re: What's your Wolfquest 3 Mate Like?

Post by PearlyReborn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:44 am

One of my wolves, Orlaithe, managed to court the very shy Hoodoo 10F (I think that was her name?). It took quite a while but when I did... I ran into the text box formatting glitch and had to wait for the patch :P

My favorite mate is probably Angel's mate, Tobias, he's very helpful during hunting and seems to be very sweet, often using emotes around Angel. They're really cute together!
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Fallen-leaf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Fallen

Post by Fallen-leaf » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:16 pm

My wolf’s mate, Crag (I don’t remember his default name) is the perfect match for her. It took quite a bit for him to be wooed, but he was worth it. He’s always doing sweet emotes at my wolf and he is very helpful during hunts.

When it comes to fights, he will always chase off small predators. Otherwise, he always allows me to strike first.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:52 pm

I haven't really kept mates for long, simply because I've been picky when it comes to their diversity, pelt colour, and overall personalities. On my first run, I met a very energetic and seemingly social female who often wagged her tail in the midst of running or walking, glanced at me, and huddled close for interaction overall. I really liked her too, but her diversity wasn't doing it for me, haha.

On my second run, I encountered a beautiful Beartooth male. His pelt and diversity were both to my liking. But his personality? It looked like he was a major lazy loner. Bold from what I could tell. He was quirky to say the least, and I actually really liked him. The way he would tear chunks away just to eat it alone, or started to walk off when I came to rest next to him actually had me cracking up. He was very bold in the face of danger as well, taking the initiative to chase of competitors and fight off the stranger wolves we encountered. If he wasn't such a terrible hunter, I might have stayed with him. Oh well.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:00 pm

I have had many mates because they often die to grizzly's or falling. My last mate was a 2 star diversity, with a silvery coat, she was helpful during hunts but she died when trying to fight a cougar. Right now I'm currently searching for a good diversity mate with nice coat and personality, as well as an age of 2 years old.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:08 pm

For those that might be on the WolfQuest Facebook page, you might have seen a post about Rikku's mate, RonSwanson. To be honest, I was just kind of testing all the different personalities out for fun. I can't remember what pack he was originally from, but he had 5-star diversity and his personality seemed very bold, which I thought was good. Turned out he was a HORRIBLE hunter. Obviously, not the real RonSwanson. :roll:

On another playthrough, I found a blackish-brown collared male from the 8 Mile pack, which I named "Kimi". He was pretty tough to win over through the courtship process, but has 5-star diversity and has been an amazing hunter so far. Looking forward to what he brings to the table in Slough Creek, lol. Have not had him or Rikku involved in fights with other wolves yet.
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Atiesh
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Atiesh » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:22 am

I wasn't that picky in beginning and gave a chance for female wolf with diversity of two stars. I don't know her origin pack but I liked her for unusual coat and calm nature. She is very social, doing cute emotions near me and likes to howl after any slayed creature. Also it seems she is bold or just like to be dominant by rising her tail often even on me. Her behavior in fight and hunting not that hot-headed, she attacks only after me and knows when to run away from danger. Maybe she is a bit lazy because she likes to sit and lay down occasionally, if this actions indicates mate laziness. I am pretty happy to have her on my side in journey as she is very helpful

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:14 am

On my most recent save with my wolf Vypo, I've managed to catch the attention of Hoodoo 14M (I believe that's what his origin name was ^^' Could be wrong.) who is now known as Toka.

So far he's shown that he's extremely bold; After bringing down an elk Vypo and Toka were ambushed by two wapiti wolves in the Wapiti territory. Rather than running away like Vypo, Toka immediately turned and started charging at them. He does the same with foxes and coyotes at carcass confrontations without me having to do it first. Toka seems to have a different attitude when attacking elk though, he'll only follow his mates attacks rather than going after the elk himself.
He seems to be extremely social, he's always doing playbow or a dominante tail raise to his mate and is happy to eat with her rather than going off on his own. I'm not entirely sure of his laziness level, I'd say slightly more on the energetic side. Most of the time he'll be running around, the only times he'll lay down are after a meal.
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:20 am

My mate, Reika, is a four star diversity black wolf from the Lamarr pack, I think. I found her there. I found only two star wolves everywhere else and honestly didn't bother with any of them, until I traveled to the Lamarr pack's territory on the other side of the map. That is when I found her. She wasn't all that interested in me, so unlike the others I met, that I took it as a personal challenge to woo her.

She ended up becoming my mate and by getting her my gameplay style also had to change. My wolf was a cautious, easily scared one, who didn't like to mess with the packs. But this became quite difficult to maintain because Reika was quite bold and aggressively growled at everything, causing wolves and coyotes to attack where I wanted no confrontation. So I had to adjust. And honestly... I liked it. Now my wolf is also just as bold and likes to pick fights as Reika. After all... together we can do anything.

And they say people can't change...

Now if she would just stop attacking bears that would be great...
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:35 am

One of my wolves simply couldn't find anyone who wasn't lazy or had good diversity. However, once I found a group of three from the 8-Mile Pack - two of which had four-stars diversity and black coats and one who had a gray-brown coat and two stars. Unfortunately, the two with great diversity were very lazy, so I actually decided to go with the two-star one. She didn't sit or lie down even once during the courtship, so I think she's fairly energetic.
On the trial, we were looking for food and we found a grizzly bear guarding a carcass. She attacked the bear without much provocation, and since quite a few other wolves had simply left my wolf to die while he hunted elk, I decided that this one wouldn't just sit there while my wolf gradually got kicked to death. So she passed the hunting trial.
Sadly, another one of my wolves was fighting stranger wolves and her mate actually got killed in the process, which was the first "casualty" I've had where Permadeath sprang into action...
I quite enjoy the new challenge of finding a good mate. :)

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 pm

I recently ran into a silvery female from the Canyon pack. I named her Iyanu. She couldn’t be a better mate, haha. Moderately energetic, socially charming, and bold, she’s been very helpful in hunts and wolf-fights alike. But in spite of her boldness, Iyanu also falls back for my reinforcement. In wolf-fights, she likes to stick close to me rather than trail off with her opponent. We protect each other equally. Iyanu always has my back. She also seems to know when to have a little down-time, and when to socialize.

The new personality system makes getting to know each wolf an adventure. I love it so much!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:39 am

I ended up with a bold, energetic and social mate! I can't remember which pack he was from. I wanted a bold mate to match my wolf's personality and boy is he ever tenacious! I can always tell when competitors are nearby because he'll raise his tail and start growling, or if we're in another territory. Really good at hunting help too! On challenging we've taken down a bull elk already and a moose calf and fought off probably half a dozen wolves and a bear. Still working on trying to conquer cougar though. I've noticed with the energetic social mates they'll do a lot of playing and howling emotes too.
So far playing with two bold personalities is pretty fun and makes me feel like a boss, but we'll see how it affects pup raising! I'm pretty interested.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:24 am

I have to admit I am obsessed with the mate I found. His diversity is 4 stars, aaaand he has a black coat which I wanted so bad (my white wolf's name is Whiteout so I named the mate Blackout). His personality really hasn't been a problem, he's bold, not quite that social and he likes to wait a little bit during elk hunts (slightly lazy or cautious?).
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

How do you judge dispersal's?

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:11 pm

In other words, how do you deem a wolf worthy of being your mate. (actions they do, hunting skills, fighting skills, how much they wonder around .etc) I am very picky about my mate. And I mean REALLY picky. im probably the most pickiest about mates on the forum. Im not even eggaterating 8) These are my requirements for a perfect mate.
1. a wolf who wonders around a lot even when im standing still
2. a wolf that has around the same amount of health as me when we finish a hunt
3. a wolf who will initiate emotes a lot
4.a wolf who sleeps close to me
5. a wolf who is willing to attack first
6. a wolf that doesnt lie down a lot when they have full health
7. a wolf who attacks frequently in a fight'
8. if im playing as a black wolf i want a mate with at least 3 stars if im playing as a grey wolf I want a mate with at least 2 stars.
Beleive it or not, I have found a few of these wolves that fit all these requirements
The reason im so picky about a mate is because when slough creek comes out, the personality and skills of a mate can be the difference between life or death of your pups. Im now going to explain the reasons for each of my requirements

For reason 1. I need a wolf that wonders around a lot because that sign is a sign of an energetic wolf and an energetic wolf will mark territory more, and will carry the pups more.

For reason 2. a wolf that has around same health as me is a good hunter in my requirements. A good hunter means I take less damage and because I am always a better fighter then my mate (because ALL mates do emotes more and they attack less) it means i will have more health to defend the pups and it means I would have to sleep less.

For reason 3. A wolf that emotes a lot will keep afinity up and make more time for me to potral and mark turf.

For reason 4. a wolf that sleeps close is a sign of a scocial mate which is good

For reason 5. a wolf that attacks first is bolder I think and a bold mate means a better fighter. a better fighter can defend the pups better

for reason 6. a wolf that doesnt lie down a lot means an energetic mate.

for reason 7.a wolf that attacks often will be a better fighter and protector of the pups. This is also a sign of a bold mate. and I need a mate that is bold enough to attack even when she is low health

for reason 8. I need good genetics for pups so they dont die in the womb

I spent so much time writing this, a reply would be appreciated! :) :D
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: How do you judge dispersal's?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:35 pm

My mate is actually quite similar to this :o
In 2.7, I was extremely picky with my mate's coat color. In 3.0, I became a lot less strict because finding a mate is now a much longer process.
However, about a week and a half ago, I came across an incredible dispersal, I didn't expect it at all! I thought I would be scraping the bottom of the barrel lol.
Anyway, I personally could care more or less about personality, but I would definitely not prefer a lazy wolf/very cautious wolf. Lazy/extremely cautious are unacceptable qualities for many reasons (hunting, for example).

My mate is a black wolf (my wolf is white), 4 star diversity, he's bold, less on the social side but still interacts daily, will be the first to growl but waits for me to attack first.
All in all though, I think he is mostly "all growl and chase" and only attacks if I attack the intruder or the intruder attacks him.
He has however, tried to intimidate bears, cougars, and other wolves but I noticed it's usually a fearful growl tours "big scary competitors" but he will give an aggressive growl tours coyotes, elk, and foxes.

I think he just pretends to be mean :wink:
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”