WolfQuest 3, dealing with competitors?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

WolfQuest 3, dealing with competitors?

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:42 pm

In wolfquest 3 how do you deal with competitors?
With bears I just run, sometimes ill manage to chase away a sow with cubs by biting the bear cub.
I will fight cougars if I have a mate. (tip: aim for the sides or legs not the throat!)
I will fight stranger wolves if im not outnumbered.
I will almost always stand my ground against coyotes unless i have less than 20% health
If you take chunks out of your carcass until the carcass runs out of meat then competitors will not come :)
Sometimes my mate is a competitor for deer fawn so I just howl and sometimes that will keep her busy long enough for me to eat the entire carcass! (Hey, I would rather my mate starve then me XD)
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WolfQuest 3, dealing with competitors?

Post by Rustic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Oh wow...I've never seen a bear with cubs yet!

Most of the predator competitors I've left alone...other than a lone coyote (on my single wolf) more than one is too hard to handle.

My other wolf is a little different, and with her mate they've even taken on some stranger wolves who tried to chase them from a kill. That's about it soo far for me...haven't had a whole lot of time to play.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:32 pm

I never even try to fight bears. Cougars are difficult to fend off, so I usually end up giving up or waiting them out as well. Coyotes are easier, but if I’m alone and there are more than two, I avoid the trouble. Stranger wolves tend to be difficult to fight off alone—even if it is one-on-one—so I reserve combat for when I’m with my mate.

Every time I’ve attempted a little boldness, it usually left me either dead, or on very low health.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

GoldenBeauty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Gold
Location: I'm lost. I have no idea where I am. I made an emergency landing. SOS

Post by GoldenBeauty » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Lol I died when I tried to scare off a grizzly bear. Although I haven't encountered a lot of serious encounters, because I'm trying not to die again & be realistic. Coyotes are annoying. Always take a chunk of meat with you before you sleep, because often times you'll wake up to some competitors if you sleep near the carcass.
Lumi & Abnus

TimberRaven
Name: Elarion
Location: *Rips a bounty off a tree* They always get my freckles wrong...

Post by TimberRaven » Thu May 21, 2020 4:16 pm

I hate bears. Oh my gosh I hate bears so much. I'm kind of a jerk when it comes to bears with cubs, though... XD I always try to kill the cubs, and twice I have been successful.
Cougars are a bit... unpredictable. They're a bit easier to deal with than bears, though, but they're kind of hard to pull away from since they're so fast.
The coyotes can just... die. I really don't understand how some of you favor coyotes far more than wolves. I tend to ignore them, but when they're bothering me when I'm trying to eat, I'll kill every single one of those pests I can. MWAHAHAHA
And foxes. Foxes are fine, although sometimes I do attack them just to hear the cute noises they make. something must be wrong with me LOL They're just not worth chasing and killing, unlike coyotes. It's a waste of your wolf's health.
Eagles and ravens? They're cool! They make for nice shots and sometimes I'll play with them.
The Black Star

He with the face of Midnight blue;
Eyes of the
Sunhands of theMoon
To receive thewhisperof a wilting tree
But quietly waited to return Her plea...

Av/ Sig Lupinz

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”