What weird interactions have you seen between AI animals in WolfQuest 3?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

What weird interactions have you seen between AI animals in WolfQuest 3?

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:44 am

What interactions have you seen between animals other than yourself?
Here is a list of AI interactions I have seen,
A bear killing a fox
3 AI wolves fighting a bear (the bear won obviously :wink: )
A bear chasing off a cougar
2 AI wolves fighting a cougar(The cougar won, but sustained heavy damage)
AI wolves chasing off coyotes and foxes
I have seen a lot more than these but these are the most interesting ones I have seen
Share your stories and I am especially interested in hearing about bears and cougars.
EDIT:I was courting 3 female wolves and suddenly they all started chowing down on MY elk calf carcass! Needless to say I got FURIOUS and growled at them. (I do not tolerate potential mates who come just to eat your food XD)
EDIT:Today I spotted a cougar swiping a bear then the bear paw swiped back and the cougar left.
I also spotted 2 grizzlys fighting.
EDIT:Today I witnessed 2 sow grizzlys with cubs fighting, the cubs kind of ran around in fear but occasionally paw swiped the enemy sow or cub.
EDIT:today I experienced a 2v2v3 conflict. On one side my trial mate and me. On another, my mates 2 sisters. on another lamar canyon members. My lazy mate did not do anything except run away. (this conflict was over 1/10 of a elk cow carcass.

EDIT: Once i held wapiti 5M in place in front of a bull elk herd, then the bull elk charged and killed wapiti 5m :twisted:
Last edited by elkhunter123456 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:20 am, edited 7 times in total.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Re: What weird interactions have you seen between AI animals in WolfQuest 3?

Post by Frodo1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:38 pm

My favorite encounter was during beta testing, when I ran into two boar grizzlies going at each other over a carcass. It was so stunning that I kind of just stopped to watch from a safe distance, because holy moly it was intense! I've only ever seen it once, but man oh man I hope I'll get to see it again.
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:44 pm

Frodo1 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:38 pm
My favorite encounter was during beta testing, when I ran into two boar grizzlies going at each other over a carcass. It was so stunning that I kind of just stopped to watch from a safe distance, because holy moly it was intense! I've only ever seen it once, but man oh man I hope I'll get to see it again.
Did it happen to look like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rTnpqTB1k That videos not mine by the way, I was just browsing YouTube for wolfquest game play videos. (Your videos are my favorite)
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:43 pm

I’ve witnessed something similar where two cougars were neck to neck in combat. At first I was confused, but then I finally realized what they were doing, haha. Pretty neat touch!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Star_The_Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Star_The_Wolf » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:33 pm

I've seen a boar bear fighting a sow bear with a baby over a carcass, and three coyotes were lined up watching.

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:56 pm

I had a fun little interaction the other night. I had wandered around awhile and after a little nap two male dispersal wolves came to court me when we were suddenly and rather rudely interrupted by a cougar! The darned cougar charged right at me but the two suitors bravely charged right in and fought the cougar off but then they all went and LEFT me! I guess cougar fighting wins out over courtship lol!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Rustic wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:56 pm
I had a fun little interaction the other night. I had wandered around awhile and after a little nap two male dispersal wolves came to court me when we were suddenly and rather rudely interrupted by a cougar! The darned cougar charged right at me but the two suitors bravely charged right in and fought the cougar off but then they all went and LEFT me! I guess cougar fighting wins out over courtship lol!
I experienced a little courtship-shenanigans myself when a pair of dispersals were chased off by new set of dispersals. Sometimes one group runs. Other times, they engage in a spectacle of combat. During my explorations, I came across the scent of a wolf-carcass and went to investigate. Turns out that a group of dispersals had killed a lone-dispersal that I'd previously interacted with. Encountering that carcass really hit me in the feels not only because it was eerily realistic, but because it made all of the other wolves feel like they were real players like me, all striving to survive long enough to meet a potential mate.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:42 am

I've actually yet to see most of these interactions but now I'm eager to explore around and see! I would love to see the bear fights. So far I've seen a pack chase a fox off their carcass, and I've also had a hunt interrupted by a pack who proceeded to finish my mule deer off for me!
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Phasoli wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:43 pm
I’ve witnessed something similar where two cougars were neck to neck in combat. At first I was confused, but then I finally realized what they were doing, haha. Pretty neat touch!
Today I witnessed that too! I had killed a elk calf and 2 cougars arrived at the scene. One of the cougars charged and paw swiped the other, the paw-swiped cougar immediately ran. Soon after that same cougar killed me after a long chase.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 am

elkhunter123456 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:44 pm
Frodo1 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:38 pm
Did it happen to look like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rTnpqTB1k That videos not mine by the way, I was just browsing YouTube for wolfquest game play videos. (Your videos are my favorite)
Yeah! Isn't it cool? And awwww thank you <3

Also oh my goodness I'd love to see a cougar battle :0
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Edited: I encountered other dispersal wolves (females, so not courtable for me), and I watched them attack a fox and a coyote. I've also seen stranger wolves attack elk, stranger wolves chase off a cougar, and a fox run away from an elk stampede.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

wildejagdx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Erik

Post by wildejagdx » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:45 am

Not really a weird interaction but I saw two buck mule deers fighting over a female today. It was truly amazing. :moose:

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:13 pm

I saw 3 coyotes chase a fox off of a carcass yesterday, as well as two mule deer bucks fighting. I also saw a female grizzly with a cub showing up at a carcass where there was already a male grizzly. I did my usual tactic of circling the bears while doing the confident tail emote over and over, and eventually me and my mate were able to get all of the bears to run away, only to have the same Grizzly boar come back for round two. The bear attacked a fox that was feeding on the carcass, and then my mate and I repeated the process over again and chased away the bear a second time, and could now finally rest now that our mule deer carcass would not be stolen. I also watched two coyotes and two eagles chase the same hare across the valley, which was pretty entertaining ("Catch me if you can!").

wildejagdx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Erik

Post by wildejagdx » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Also, I saw a really brave little fox standing its ground against a momma grizzly and its cub over an elk carcass. It was very funny :lol:

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:43 am

Yesterday, I watched a pack of dispersal (prospect peak) wolves hunt elk. It was actually kind of cool, and it was like watching an animal documentary. The wolves laid down after a few minutes as the elk ran past them. The wolves were completely oblivious to my mate and I. Also, I had a similar experience with 3 grizzlies. 1 boar grizzly, 1 sow grizzly, and 1 cub were homing in on my elk carcass. I was forced to leave since both bears bumrushed me at precisely 2,000 mph :|
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”