Convincing Rival Pack Members

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Convincing Rival Pack Members

Post by Mwitu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:27 am

I heard that you can actually convince a member of a rival pack to become your mate. Has anyone managed this yet? If so, how do you do it?
If you haven't done this yet, which pack would you aim to convince?
I'm really interested in trying this out, but haven't managed yet (but I have managed to get attacked in the attempt several times :lol: ). Any tips?
Thanks!

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Re: Convincing Rival Pack Members

Post by Loach » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:09 am

Certain members of the packs are eligible to become your mate. They behave much like regular dispersals and have the diversity pop up + the heart over their heads, so they're easy to spot and differentiate between pack wolves you can't become mates with.

The challenge with courting pack wolves isn't so much the courting part (as it's pretty normal, in my experience), but the other pack members. Sometimes hostile pack members are traveling with the ones that are interested in you, and you either have to fight them or try to work around them.
DeviantArt
returning member from ancient times

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:28 am

Loach wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:09 am
Certain members of the packs are eligible to become your mate. They behave much like regular dispersals and have the diversity pop up + the heart over their heads, so they're easy to spot and differentiate between pack wolves you can't become mates with.

The challenge with courting pack wolves isn't so much the courting part (as it's pretty normal, in my experience), but the other pack members. Sometimes hostile pack members are traveling with the ones that are interested in you, and you either have to fight them or try to work around them.
Oh! I see. So where it says the pack they're from, it'll say it's a pack from the map, I'm assuming (like Wapiti instead of 8 mile pack or Beartooth or any of those), and they'll probably roam deep inside the territories instead of on the outskirts?
I guess I've seen wolves like that after all. This is quite nice, actually; now I won't get attacked repeatedly trying be friendly/submissive to aggressive pack-members. :D
Thanks for the clarification! :)

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Loach » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 am

They aren't deep in the wolf territories, honestly. So long as you're within the wolf pack territory, you can run into them.

I recently ran into a couple of lamar pack members interested in me, for example, and I was in a more faded grid space of the pack. Hunted some elk, went to sleep, woke up and had a pop up that said pack wolves interested to be my mate are near.

Wasn't at a high enough health level to contest with the hostile sibling that was with those two interested wolves, but they are there.
DeviantArt

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:14 pm

Oh, interesting. They're just generally prevalent in the pack territories in general, then?
Is the courtship message different if they're not technically dispersals?

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Loach » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:31 pm

The text pop up is different than dispersal wolves, yes. It says pack wolves, and mentions leaving their families to start a life with you.

But other than that and potential hostile members of the pack potentially getting in your way, the gameplay is about the same.
DeviantArt

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”