Keep your Pet inside

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Gigaremo
Pup
Pup
Location: Pretending to read "The Hobbit"-actually chewing up the pages.

Re: Keep your Pet inside

Post by Gigaremo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:41 pm

I keep my 3 dogs inside or in my backyards. Multiple times my dogs have been "playing" with dead birds. This has happened 4 times this year. I'm not sure if the dogs kill them or the birds are already dead. Just posting to let you guys know.
I'm done talking.
Really.
SERIOUSLY.
STOP READING! I'M DONE WITH THIS MESSAGE!
WHY DON'T YOU BELEIVE ME?
I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE!

africa97240a
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by africa97240a » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 pm

We let my dog outside without watching him, but that's because we have an underground electric fence which keeps him inside. He did kill a lizard before though, and then he came through the dogdoor and put the lizard on my bed! but the worst part was that he had chewed off all four of the lizards arms! ew........ it was horrible. x_x

HappygirlXD
Yearling
Yearling

Post by HappygirlXD » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:21 pm

My cat are outside cats. They have flees. Also, there are too many of them to keep inside. They can't use a litterbox, plus games don't entertain them! Where I live we have woods, and creeks. So they hunt crawfish, birds, frogs/liaards, and rodents. And they hunt for sport, but also eat what they kill too. They don't kill too many birds, so my cats arn't a problem. Plus they hardly ever kill songbiords. My cats kill for food and sport, even though we feed and water them.

Darkwolf273
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Darkwolf273 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:38 pm

i have a pomaraina named Sparkles she doesn't run outside she's scared of people she doesn't know and starts barking. I have seen Two stary dogs in my apartment they were friendly but i didn't touch it. One time i saw this HUGE pack of german shepards i wanted to go touch then but i was on a bus AW... ^^
  • .........Fʀᴏᴢᴇɴ Eǫᴜɪɴᴏx

................."Cᴏɴǫᴜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ғʀɪɢɪᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛs.."

• -- http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=71346

Moon Shine
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Moon Shine » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:06 pm

I can't keep my cat inside because he will get fat. A fat cat isn't a happy cat. He does hunt,but luckily he only eats animals like mice, which most people in my neighborhood use traps for, which i think is inhumane because at least with a cat it has a 50-50 chance of escaping. But i cant put a collor on him either because he might hang himself, and if we get him safe cat collors he loses then within a day. Cats hunt because of their natural instincts. Its not their fault.
~Kayla
Dont break my heart, because I'll break yours harder.
Don't try to torture me, because you'll be the one who suffers.
Don't try to lie to me, because I will always find the truth.

Don't steal my candy, because then you will die.

What the heck is the Allliance?!

Retro-Ninja
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Retro-Ninja » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:25 am

This reminds be of a story.

My mom found this baby bird on the ground, its wing was hurt, so we took it in, fed it, and kept in a box.

Next morning?

Dead.

Claw scratches.

Cat bites.

:(
without you there's no reason for my story!
and when i'm with you, i can always act the same!
forever, yeah if we're together...
we can make it better!

Jazzman
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Jazzman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:32 am

I tried to keep my two cats Mufassa and Sarabi inside, but it didn't worked-.- The first year without ability to go out whenever they want the whole house had been a toilet for them. I tried to go out with them like with dogs, spent hours with them in the garden, but they wanted to be outside the whole day. It had been a suffer for them to be hold in the house, so I decided to let them out. I live in a little city, there are no species my cats can threat. But they go hunting from time to time-.- in two years they brought around three headless ouzels, two living young ouzels (I brought them to the animal shelter) one young robins (it didn't survied) and a few mice. Their last victims had been mice, every three alive but nonviable (broken legs, two broken legs, intestine hanging out) They brought them as a present for me and I had to kill them...
My cats are mostly white, I wonder how they can go hunting without beeing seen by the birds and mouses...
I'm a female :D
Take a look at my Map!
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1707 ... cesmap.png

Kbird
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kbird » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 pm

I would try to keep my cats inside, exept one has recently 'sprayed' in the house, and not allowed anymore.
The other one, however, is a girl and cannot spray. Although she occasionally gets irritated by my little brother and may bite or scratch, meaning she's usually put outside.

Analicia_213
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Analicia_213 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:52 pm

I have 2 dogs,they strong to keep on the leash,when we go to the park,they only saw no other animal.We keep them inside the house,everytime they saw pup,kitten,and squirrel(when they outside)they will chase it and push me and my aunt.That why sometimes we walk dog to the park on sunday or saturday.
Avvie @ Alakaru_1

당신이 느는 방 르십오.
Follow the ways you feel.

Signature @ Dark Light Ultra

blackscar
Pup
Pup

Post by blackscar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:17 pm

HappygirlXD wrote:My cat are outside cats. They have flees. Also, there are too many of them to keep inside. They can't use a litterbox, plus games don't entertain them! Where I live we have woods, and creeks. So they hunt crawfish, birds, frogs/liaards, and rodents. And they hunt for sport, but also eat what they kill too. They don't kill too many birds, so my cats arn't a problem. Plus they hardly ever kill songbiords. My cats kill for food and sport, even though we feed and water them.
put bell on cats collar to scare away birds if your cat already goes outside :D problem solved :D
my cat will NOT go out :evil:
REDWALL!!!!!!

BADGER LORDS of SALAMANDASTRON

O{ not O{ stop fish coloring today!!

jumpandroll32times
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by jumpandroll32times » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:20 am

I have a dog and a cat that likes to eat birds, chipmunks and more other rodents. I have two homes in two different states, NV,NM. I have a home that is built near Angle Fire, a little ski village. So there is a lot of wild life there. Around my house is a lot of big trees, so then my cat can clime them. That was a bad idea because she could reach birds and kill them! There was a reef on my door with bird eggs in the reefs leaf's. my cat KILLED the eggs. So far at my other house in Nevada, my cat has not killed any yet. I have another pet that is a dog. She like to to kill chipmunks! At my house back in New Mexico, she has gobbled down the chipmunks. I try to save them, but how?

So try to keep watch on your dogs, because there go's Alvin! If you have a nest close to your home then thats much harder for your to control the cat. But if you have an indoor cat that does not want to go out side then your ok! cats like mine, like to hunt out side for mice, and birds. Its ok for cats to kill mice because they carry bad viruses and other bad stuff on their fur- YOU MIGHT GET SICK! So if you have mice in your house and you have a cat that wants to get THEM, then let them! Birds NOT FOR KILL, MICE KILL!

KEEP THE BIRDS SAFE :mrgreen:
jumpandroll32times
Life is a risk, take it easily
LIVE! IT! GOOD!
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 100% GOOD
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

/ /
0 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

fuego_lobo
Yearling
Yearling

Post by fuego_lobo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Can i just say. Surley all animals deserve their freedom to walk around outside in the sun and the fresh air all animals deserve that right.. surly?
...........................ƇЄԼЄƧƬƖƛԼ ƇƦЄЄƘ ƤƛƇƘ
..................................Alpha Male :D

Logo created by skinwalker3 <3 thankies for doing it

Can you resist the call of the Wild?