Clean out your Closet {Please Read All}

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderators: paperpaws, Isela

Sintact

Clean out your Closet {Please Read All}

Post by Sintact » Tue May 19, 2009 10:43 am

Yeah, I know that this topic is kind of late because the thing is posting it in Winter or something like that. This topic was inspired by me from my sister (actully, she's telling me all this stuff and I'm just writing), that she actually do the things below:

Everytime you see your closet and it's all messy and with things you really don't like. Start seeing all those old T-shirts, jeans, sweaters, etc. You will see that more than a 10% of your cloth you are not using it.

Well, here's the thing. Google any local fundation or call to a fundation you already know that needs clothes or any supplies. Put in a bag all that clothes you don't use and ask to one of your adult family members if they can drive to the fundation. Give the bag to one of the employers of the fundation and ask if they can give you a look around the place. You will see all those warm smiles and welcoming air that will make you happy.

Now I'll speak and no my sister XD

This way you are going to help lots of people and you will feel what's real happiness. Not that "happiness" that comes from the cloth you bought one day, happiness from the material things.

All my family cleans out the closets three times a year, we get trucks with cloth and then we drive to the South of Chile, where the weather is really bad (rain almost all year). There we give one of two bags of cloth to the fundations or we go to poor communities and give out the cloth. It's really recomforating seeing those hard-worked hands receiving your cloth...

IMPORTANT: If you are going to clean your closet make sure the cloth is in a good state, if for example the jeans have a scratch, make sure you fix that, etc.

P.S. Sorry for my english again. You know that I speak spanish.

C O N T E S T

Well, I can't do a big thing for you to help, but it would be really nice.
  • * Clean out your closet and take a picture of the cloth you are not using and you are ready to give to the fundation. Please be honest with the picture, if you are really interested, search for the fundation or ask someone for one.

* Post or better pm me the link of the picture. Remeber that you can't be in the picture.

* The ones that help will receive an avatar badge from me. To the people that know that you helped. I would try to offer a WQ T-Shirt, but it's up to my father. In two more years I will be able to offer you one instead of a simple avatar.

NOTE: Mods it this type of contest is not legal here in WQ please tell me. I'll erase it.

bex665
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Clean out your Closet {Please Read All}

Post by bex665 » Tue May 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Lol i would of done the contest but this morning i cleaned out my bedroom to take all my old toys to charity. And cleaned out my wardrobe (closet but I call them wardrobes lol) so all my clothes and toys have already gone to charity lol.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue May 19, 2009 3:40 pm

That's awesome Kioma. I gave all my toys looooong time ago, when I was 10 more less.

jellyblobsofdoom
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by jellyblobsofdoom » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:22 am

I don't have many left.I got rid of them when I was nine.
Eclipse
I hear them getting closer
Their howls are sending chills down my spine
And time is running out now,
They're coming down the hills from behind

Halloween Avatar (c) Jellyblobsofdoom

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Thanks for posting this Sintact.^^ I might clean out my closet and get rid of my old clothes but U have a 4-year old sister that might grow into them so I will have to see before actually cleaning out my closet. >.<
Again, thanks for posting this!

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:34 am

Great idea, Sintact. My room is always out of order XD and there are plenty of stuff I don't use or need, I might as well donate them away or something else.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 pm

That's awesome guys. I would be really good if you donate that cloth. You will see that you will help a lot of people that need clothes badly.

jellyblobsofdoom
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by jellyblobsofdoom » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 am

Yeah,when i think of those people I feel bad.Because you know when you just blow your money on a game?Think of those people who could have used for food or clothes.
Eclipse
I hear them getting closer
Their howls are sending chills down my spine
And time is running out now,
They're coming down the hills from behind

Halloween Avatar (c) Jellyblobsofdoom

Ivory_
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Ivory_ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 pm

I used to do that all the time, I actually have a closet full of cloths that didnt sell at the garage sale..... i need to find a salvation army near by...........
♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦
♥Ivory♦
♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*
♥♦*Council member of The Wolves of the Aurora Borealis♥♦*

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) Echo - Allura - Lyric
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

♥♦*Avvie by Stonei

Purity

Post by Purity » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 pm

I just did that, we gave half of my entire closet to the nearest fundation. This is a very good idea. I'm not kidding, I had a good amount of clothes in there- about a week's worth. (not counting PJs, all though I did give plenty of those too)

Again, this is a very good thing for our communitys. I hope this helps people!

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm

This winter I'll make my anual cloth collecting in some schools next to my house. I hope this year we get more clothes.
I'll try taking some pictures of the cloth I collect this year.

April

Post by April » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Er...I'm short on clothes as it is. XD And my closet is pretty much only filled with books. But it sounds like a really great idea Sintact.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

Growling Wolves

Post by Growling Wolves » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:34 pm

I already cleaned out my closet before seeing this topic, So i have no more to clean out of the stuff i need/want to get rid of. But i do donate most of my things i dont want or need to foundations, etc.

But awesome idea ^^

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:56 pm

My relatives feel I have no clothes so they buy me everything they see...I should really donate it. I`m so embarresed by it...I will never take a picture of that mess XD

But more people should donate
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Hiedidog

Post by Hiedidog » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:04 pm

I'd like to enter the contest, I gave clothes to the GoodWill near my house before my little cousin was born. So now I give all my small clothes to her. It won't fit her in a while, but...
♥Kamisha♥

October 2009 Undine Falls Pack Member of the Month

Return to “Take Action”