Clean out your Closet {Please Read All}

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Sintact

Re: Clean out your Closet {Please Read All}

Post by Sintact » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:25 am

That is nice as well, people should organize new activities at their schools. Usually schools are very open minded regarding donations, compaings for collecting items and making contests. After the toy compaing is done, I plan starting my own campaing for this year again, the one I considere the most important that is the cloth campaing that I did last year.

Guys, you really should try thinks like this, I know you are in summer vacations still, but when you are back to school please try to see ways for helping with your friends.

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:52 am

Agreed.

There's a lot you can do to help, on or off-school. Round up some stuff you do not use or need and choose a facility where you would like to donate. Remember, that you can also make useful donations for animal shelters and environment-related places, like the World Wildlife Foundation (WWF). It's important to participate in the best way you can, it's even fun to contribute your stuff away. And if some of your stuff is valuable, you can try selling it in a low price or just being good-hearted and giving it away without receiving any financial support.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:59 pm

And if someone is interested, they give money for recycling, just google some information about your city recycle programs and look for a place where they accept recyclable objetcs. They will give you some money in return of the objects, in a long time, that money will help you in any situation, or you can just donate the money you earn.

Also there are quite some fundations that receive paper for making new diapers for babies. I think.

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 am

Recycling is good and it's not much trouble at all, you just have to divide your trashcan a bit and know where to put the right stuff - - - then you can take them to recyclation plants and you can even get a small price for doing it, so why not, it's definitely worth it.

Personally, I'm more closer to helping domestic animals (donating to animal rescue centers and local pounds, etc) and wildlife (sometimes I give money to donate to help preserve rainforests and endangered species).
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Here there are way more fundations for helping people than animal, since Santiago doesn't has many wildlife, but still. We are getting off topic.

Jetness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jetness » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 am

I have asked my mother if I can enter and she said yes, so when I get home I'm cleaning out my closet. =D
silver<3bro
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

frog wolf
Pup
Pup

Post by frog wolf » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:36 pm

last year we donated 12!!! bags of clothing to good will i know it helps people
MOON
valley creek pack member
Beta
stay strong in the pack!
wolves rule

Nightwolf293
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Nightwolf293 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:50 pm

This is a good idea, Sintact, because school is starting and there is alot of clothes that we don't like, that don't fit...etc. Good to know that they will be used instead of thrown away.
~* B ɼ σ σ k є *~

---------- Ranger of the Fdshfbvsk Band
---------- ~ Crazy wifey to -Larka-,my Lazy Husbande
---------- ζ Crazy mother to Memories, my Daughter O' Doom ζ

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:58 am

You should try it doing it once a year at least, just if possible. If you don't have permission within your school, you can always start a campaing between your close relatives or closest family.

Pocketdog
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Pocketdog » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Good idea Sintact! My family has a place where we keep all of our outgrown clothes and when it fills up we drive them to goodwill. It really does feel good to help.
Avvie by Il Kom . Thanks! =)

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:39 pm

That's really good Pocketdog, my congratulations to you and your family, it sounds like a great job you are doing. What you are doing sound interesting, since it would keep things much more organized by having a special place for leaving the clothes you no longer use instead in giving one day a year for cleaning your entire closet. I might try your technique instead of mine.

Jetness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jetness » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:53 am

Hello, Im back from my closet quest. I know its not many, but me and my mum cleaned out my closet today, giving away 12 things to charity. =D
silver<3bro

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:55 am

Woah, that's awesome Jet. I really need to congratulate you. Could you please tell us how did you feel with this? That way you can be an example for others.

Jetness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jetness » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:57 am

It feels great knowing that my old clothes that don't fit any more are still getting used, Its a good happy feeling.

Sorry about not having a picture, The camera charger is lost. -.-
silver<3bro

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:00 pm

No problem, Jet. I beleive in you. Today I'll make the avatars for the ones that have donated something to charity and for the ones that are concious about this topic.

It really feels great doing stuff like this.