Clean out your Closet {Please Read All}

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderators: paperpaws, Isela

Jetness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Clean out your Closet {Please Read All}

Post by Jetness » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Sintact wrote: It really feels great doing stuff like this.
Agreed, Instead of throwing it all away. I don't like it when things go to landfills or tips or dumps, It feels wrong, we must start taking some responsability, as a species.

And thankfully, the message is starting to get through. :D
silver<3bro
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Yes it is, finally it is. Like this topic, little by little people got interested in helping and someone’s already did help a lot. But people who actually never helped with this material things, the first time you do this you feel really good, though at the beginning it might be difficult giving up for jeans that once they were your favourite. In my case I had to give up a t-shirt that was my favourite some years ago.

I might be posting a story about cloth, one I read in my English class. It's really good. I'll search for it.

Jetness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jetness » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:54 am

Sintact wrote:Yes it is, finally it is. Like this topic, little by little people got interested in helping and someone’s already did help a lot. But people who actually never helped with this material things, the first time you do this you feel really good, though at the beginning it might be difficult giving up for jeans that once they were your favourite. In my case I had to give up a t-shirt that was my favourite some years ago.
That happened to me last time too. But I had no use for it, so giving it to some one else so it could be there special thing was good.
silver<3bro
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Wow great idea Sintact! I actually went through my closet a few months ago and put garbage can-filled piles of clothes in this big yellow bin, I think it's called "Planet Earth" or something like that, not sure. Then I guess they give the clothes to those who need them. I've pretty much stopped growing and I'm low on clothes so I can't really donate right now.... but I love how this can get people to help out those in need^^

Katedaph
Pup
Pup

Post by Katedaph » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:19 pm

I do like this idea, I'll see what I can find =D.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:09 pm

That's good Kivia, from something you need to start. I congratulate you. It seems that is more difficult to girls than boys give up their clothes, I really don't care about it.

Hope everyone starts giving up some cloth soon. Here we are in plain Winter with really cold days, a lot of rain and sometimes snow. I'm getting prepared for launching the Cloth Campaing at my school.

I'll take some photos of the cloth we raise for showing you guys.

silverwolfattack
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Celebrating not just The Spirits of Halloween in the Air, But also the home come of my Heart;Kaze!

Post by silverwolfattack » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:48 pm

good thinking ill do this alot now that some onr brought it up! :D
I Need a miricle i Want To be your Girl.. Give me a chance to see that you are made for me ...I need a miricle Please let me be your girl One day youll see it can happen to me
Avvie @ NightShadows

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Good to hear that and I hope you do, since like everyone said, it feels awesome to do this kind of things. I really invite you to try.

sophie-wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sophie-wolf » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:14 pm

I do this all the time, its something my mum started when i was really small, she gave away all my old toys and clothes and now i do that by myself now im 13.

Good idea to share to other people this is a good thing.
proυd ѕcoυт тнυnderclan!
proud lead gaurdian candlelight dreams pack !

a real ғrιend ιѕ one wнo walĸѕ ιn
wнen тнe reѕт oғ тнe world walĸѕ oυт.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:14 am

That's good, well, I have always give all my old clothes out... sometimes I give some t-shirts to some friends and most of the times I give it away for needed persons. I'm glad to see that there are that many interested users in the matter.

Nightskydapple
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Waiting for "Her" to turn back and realise I'm here enduring the pain.

Post by Nightskydapple » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:43 pm

I just cleaned out my closet, Well I'm doing it right "Now" and I can find things from since i was five and in primary school ><
hmm socks and shoes (new I haven't even wore them yet)
And heaps of toys stacked up in boxes,
Phew. ok, I'm done. And we're going to the foundation today/ in the after-noon at my place which is two hours away.
~Yeah I'm smiling,[/color]Inside dieing.~
Behind this fake mask of mine,
Paper thin lies, what I wished for most is a paper heart,
then you can't come and destroy and tear it apart like you
did to my last one.~

Razorfang
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Razorfang » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:24 pm

I do that for a couple of years already. Often those clothes will go to poor country's or warchilds.
I have to say that I do this about twice in a year though, but it is often enough.
I do not have a great amount of clothes, so yeah... I can't wear them all at the same time anyways :mrgreen:

Mute
Pup
Pup

Post by Mute » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:43 am

Mute's closet= A huge mess.

I shall take this into consideration. I've been needing to clean out my closet for a while, and this is way better than throwing away the countless amount of clothes I'm going to pull from my closet.

Rain_Swift-River
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Swift

Post by Rain_Swift-River » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 am

Not too long ago I had about 50 pairs of shoes and now I've given them to an organisation that I hope will make good use out of them and give them to people who need it.
Welcome to the Panic Room
Where all your darkest fears
are gonna come for you

Nightskydapple
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Waiting for "Her" to turn back and realise I'm here enduring the pain.

Post by Nightskydapple » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:39 am

Razorfang wrote:I do that for a couple of years already. Often those clothes will go to poor country's or warchilds.
I have to say that I do this about twice in a year though, but it is often enough.
I do not have a great amount of clothes, so yeah... I can't wear them all at the same time anyways :mrgreen:
lol, we're starting to do it every two years. I have lots of shoes I can't fit into that i haven't worn once yet >.>
~Yeah I'm smiling,[/color]Inside dieing.~
Behind this fake mask of mine,
Paper thin lies, what I wished for most is a paper heart,
then you can't come and destroy and tear it apart like you
did to my last one.~

Return to “Take Action”