Your school going green

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Swoofzilla
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Your school going green

Post by Swoofzilla » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:35 pm

One of the biggest green changes you can make in your life is at your school. Maybe there are only trash cans in the classroom. Think of how much paper you use, and how much of that can be reused but is instead wasted. And how much needed napkins are taken during lunch, and how much of it could be reduced. What changes does your school need?

Also, what changes has your school done? For me, my school has just recently made a green team, which I am a part of. We put recycling stickers on all of the recycling bins, and are buying new ones for classrooms without them. And even small things count. If you see your teacher throwing away extra paper, take them and put them in the recycling bin. It helps the world alot, even if it doesn't seem like it. So make an effort. If you don't enjoy school and are stuck there all day, you might as well make a difference there.

What have you done, and what ideas do you have that you think should take place in school? Share them here.

Kivia

Re: Your school going green

Post by Kivia » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:28 pm

I wish my school had a team dedicated to keeping the school green; it would be a great club to make =D We actually have recycle bins in nearly every class room, or actually a box for recycled paper. Every chance I get, I throw away my paper in the recycle box.

It would be great if more schools would go green; it would make a difference, I agree^^

Tally
Pup
Pup

Post by Tally » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:46 pm

It is wonderful what you are doing Swolfy. ^.^ Very inspiring.

You could do some other fun things too, perhaps host a dance with a green theme and use the profits to plant trees. You could get the teachers in on it too, they could offer extra credit oportunities such as signing petitions. Oooh, anyone could make a team of dedicated people with a passion for the earth! So amazing!

wolfgirl101z
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfgirl101z » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:14 pm

I love the fact how you brought this topic up! :mrgreen: Swolfy knows best everyone! Keep our planet green and healthy! I'm sure it would inspire you all if you'd just pick up after yourselves once in a while! I just wish my school was like that!
My wolves:
Chessie

Tally
Pup
Pup

Post by Tally » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 am

You could totally make it like that yourself! :D

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:24 am

My school recycles paper, all the paper we use we need to deposit it in special cans. Once a week people from a baby fundation come and collect all the used paper. With that paper they make recycled diapers.

Besides that my school does nothing but the things the students propose.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:27 am

My highschool never recycled anything because they were too lazy to sort through the items. Instead you had to volunteer to recycle stuff and sort through the junk...which was sad on many levels. We started a club but we hardley ever got any funding...mainly because sports is a much bigger 'issue' than you know...saving the planet.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:29 am

Non-sense. Why they didn't put specialized cans for each rrecyclable material? My school is just centrated in Academics, so sports and other issues are not the big thing, just something extra where you can relax from all the studying stress. Well, I will not go off-topic.

Swoofzilla
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Swoofzilla » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:12 pm

I agree, I think they should put different cans for each one. After all, all you really need is a sign that says 'recycle bottles here' and tape it on. It is good that you guys at least have a program for sorting through it all at least.

Cenetri
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Cenetri » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:08 pm

I've had such ideas like that - I had my old school start a recycling day, where we took in paper and plastic bags to classrooms, and had kids put paper in the larger bags, bottles and cans in the smaller.

Very good ideas with a green team - maybe I could get it to spread to my school.
=============--''--C E N E T R I
=========Proud WolfQuest Community Member
==============-==- - - - - - - -
Literature is born through pen and ink, mind and toil, lines and paper.
==============Write your own story.

===============-=- - - - - - - -
============--==Avatar © Cenetri

HappygirlXD
Yearling
Yearling

Post by HappygirlXD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:15 pm

I think going green is weird. (Not trying to start a fight or going of topic.) But I think you should take care of the earth. Anyways, we on't have reclying bens in our classrooms. We have a big recycling ben outside our school. I don't think our school will ever have a green group. I don't think it'll ever go green. (And I like it that way! :D

Sunawa
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunawa » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:40 pm

Our school is cutting down on paper work.We have these little remotes we use to learn lessons and do worksheets on.We also have our own little laptops to use.Pretty cool if you ask me.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

True Love Is When You Would Die For Them
Or When Nothing Matters But Helping Them Through.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

If Every Girl Could See Her Beauty, We Would Be An Army.

Swoofzilla
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Swoofzilla » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:22 am

That is an epic thing your school is doing. Paper is one of the biggest environmental issues, so it is wonderful your school has gone to using things electronically.

-Magpie-
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by -Magpie- » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 am

Well i don't know about my school, but my class kinda does.

For paper, we use any scraps, full pieces, stuff with writing on the back ect, we put them in a basket thing for doodle paper(LOL) and anything we can't use for that we pup it in the paper bin.

I think its every two years or somwthing, our whole school has like a Green Day, where we do lots of stuff for the world, well i forget what we do but i hope it helps!
Eeeeyup. I'm Magpie, but I like to be called Feather. I just got my lazy rump back on here,
so if I had any troubles with y'll back in the day, I apologize!
So, I am a Whovian and I am a avid rager.

Tally
Pup
Pup

Post by Tally » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:02 am

Several of my teachers never give out hard copies, but post information for us online. Great, easy way to save paper, and you can't loose your syllabus that way!