Spay and Neuter!

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

fuego_lobo
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Spay and Neuter!

Post by fuego_lobo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:13 am

them pet sellers should make sure peopel are ready from them before selling the pets

its not the pets fault

we have an RSPCa near us and there exactly the same
...........................ƇЄԼЄƧƬƖƛԼ ƇƦЄЄƘ ƤƛƇƘ
..................................Alpha Male :D

Logo created by skinwalker3 <3 thankies for doing it

Can you resist the call of the Wild?

Asheek
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Asheek » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:30 pm

It depends. I wouldent spay my dog if I had the choice. I remember a legit bredder that lived in the town next to us, she only bred her dogs three times a year and I sware those dogs were treated like royalty' perfectly fit and all). AA spay and nuter(sp?) van thing started patroling around there and harassed her. She even had a someone break into her 'dog house (AKA a giant tricked out shed) and let her dogs loose to make her look irrispinsible(sp?). She moved after that. I think as long as they do it responsibly and know what their doing it should be fine.
................................α s h є є k
.................קг๏ย๔ ๒єtค Ŧє๓คlє ๏Ŧ tђє รtคг lเﻮђt קคςк

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Here comes a big one :shock: :

My doggy just came back from the animal hopital today because he got neutered. I think you SHOULD get them Spayed and Neutered because when they have babies, the owners may not want them and they give them away at an early age, when they can easily get sick and catch dieseases and such. And it overpopulates. Nobody wants a whole bunch of four legged furry friends running around the neighborhood. And to fuego_lobo, would you like a whole bunch of animals walking around your home? If it's wrong, then why would they spay and neuter? Seriously, anyone would go nuts if they had 100,000 animals running around their house. If you want your pets to have babies, then its best you have a license to breed animals. In my old neighboorhood, my brother said he heard a cat having kittens outside. It was probably a stray cat. My friends pets are all fixed. So really, its not wrong to do so, unless you like thousands of critters in your house.
To people saying stuff like, "Oh its wrong because they need to continue their genes etc", there are millions of dogs in this world. I'm super sure that dogs will be around for a while.
Sorry for such a long post I hope I don't flame. But heres the bottom line: You wouldn't want millions of animals running around your house, would you? No, then its not wrong. Maybe if they are getting fixed, its fine as long as they do it right.
SHEEP<3

Stone-Dust2
Pup
Pup

Re: To fix or not to fix?

Post by Stone-Dust2 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:50 pm

leapingwolf wrote:Yes they should be fixed
Anyone who doesn't agree should goto the pound and see all the stray puppies and accedentel litters who usually get put down.
Thats just my oppinion
I agree. Although fixing your pets is un natural, it keeps them from breeding too many so they just end up dying off from being unhealthy or abandonned.

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: To fix or not to fix?

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Stone-Dust2 wrote:
leapingwolf wrote:Yes they should be fixed
Anyone who doesn't agree should goto the pound and see all the stray puppies and accedentel litters who usually get put down.
Thats just my oppinion
I agree. Although fixing your pets is un natural, it keeps them from breeding too many so they just end up dying off from being unhealthy or abandonned.
I agree, though some small quantities of pet breeders should still exist to make sure they won't die out. All of my animals are spayed/neutered.
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

Asheek
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Asheek » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:25 am

When I get a dog when I get older, I won't have it fixed. If youpay attation to your dog accidental(sp?) breeding shouldent happen. But thats just my opnion.
................................α s h є є k
.................קг๏ย๔ ๒єtค Ŧє๓คlє ๏Ŧ tђє รtคг lเﻮђt קคςк

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 am

Asheek wrote:When I get a dog when I get older, I won't have it fixed. If youpay attation to your dog accidental(sp?) breeding shouldent happen. But thats just my opnion.
You may experience tempermental issues with your dog or other nuisances if you do not spay/neuter your dog. It is best, especially for new pet owners, to do so.

Jinkrules
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Jinkrules » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 am

I think it's better to fix them, unless your planning to breed them. If your not planning to breed them, then I think it's better to fix them. That way you won't get like an overpopulation of strays if your pet gets loose. But, then again if your planning to breed your pet, then don't fix them. I think it just depends on what your planning for your pet.
Copper Mountain Colorado, Home of the Snow Day!
Jink was not >:3 here!

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Jinkrules wrote:I think it's better to fix them, unless your planning to breed them. If your not planning to breed them, then I think it's better to fix them. That way you won't get like an overpopulation of strays if your pet gets loose. But, then again if your planning to breed your pet, then don't fix them. I think it just depends on what your planning for your pet.
I agree. My cat is one year old and she will hopefully be spayed soon. We just don't have the money right now =|

Anyway, we bred my male chocolate lab once, as a request from his breeder. He got bred to a female black lab with good form. My dog has great bloodlines, and once his puppies were born he was neutered.
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Well, there are different opinions on spaying and neutering. Some people believe that its better to spay or neuter our pets, that way there are less animals who are abandoned, unloved, ect. But, some other people think that its wrong. Who are we to take away another things right to have children?
I see both sides and agree with both sides. Yes, its better to get the spayed or neutered due to having too many animals on Earth, but it could also be wrong to take away an animals right to have children.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

vladlin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by vladlin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 pm

I say no
give them their freedom
A hungry wolf at all the herd will run, In hopes, through many, to make sure of one.
by :William Congreve

Riverstrider
Pup
Pup

Post by Riverstrider » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm

... Seriously?

They don't have a "right" to breed, you aren't taking away their "freedom", they aren't going to be sad if they are unable to breed, and they'll have no idea that they were fixed to begin with.

Pets should be fixed.

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:41 pm

vladlin wrote:I say no
give them their freedom
RiverStrider wrote:... Seriously?

They don't have a "right" to breed, you aren't taking away their "freedom", they aren't going to be sad if they are unable to breed, and they'll have no idea that they were fixed to begin with.

Pets should be fixed.
Yeah, vladlin. Pets don't have feelings like ours. It's true. They only have, sadness/depression, anger, and happiness and scared. It's not like they KNOW why they're being neutered.
And if you have a whole bunch of puppies/kitties running around your house when your dog/cat has babies, then you'll regret that you didn't neuter/spay.
SHEEP<3

Jayness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jayness » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:47 pm

If you had two dogs, a male and female, just neuter or spay one, its cheaper, and just as effective. =D
..................αsριηε
......ωσℓfqυεsт cσммυηιтy мεмвεя

..Why run if you're already skinny?

Previously Aspine
──────────────────────────────

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 am

vladlin wrote:I say no
give them their freedom
As far as people know, freedom isn't an issue with animals, also. If you don't neuter your pets and they had been used for breeding (as my dog) things may get infected, causing great Pain to the animal if not Spayed/Neutered, so as you put it, you'll be giving them more freedom by doing it. Also, it helps other animals around them by lowering the levels of Male or Females genetic differences that causes them to breed. So, it lowers the fighting of males, which gives the males freedom, and gives freedom for the Females to stop coming into season (for a female, can be a stressful time)
..../\/\/\/...........------- Who am I? -------
.........../..........I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!

............\/\/\/.....Avatar © Gingerwolff <3