Too many lights?

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Too many lights?

Post by cloudywolf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Some people just leave lights on all the time, and in the day as well, lights are for seeing in the dark and in the day it's not dark unless you are in a dark room. Some people also have lamps turned on while at the same time there room light is on. I have seen my own family leave a room and keep the light on or the TV going. So i try to stop this by every once in a while i look around my house to see if there is an empty room with lights on or a TV or computer or something going. But yet people forget, say you forgot to turn the TV off before you go to bed or you leave the kitchen light on when you leave the room. Also i would try when you leave the house with no one home turn off every light in the house or you can just leave one light going in one room. (rather so you see when you get home) There are A lot of things you can do to save power.
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: Too many lights?

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:48 pm

I do that too. My family has a habit of leaving on lights, so I usually patrol a couple of times a day to turn off lights that aren't in use.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:24 am

Lights....they shouldn't exist. I have a bad habit of leaving them on when I don't need to. People should just use candles.

Tally
Pup
Pup

Post by Tally » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:16 am

One thing I do about this is to decorate index cards with bright colors to make them draw attention. I write something like, "last one out, turn those lights out!" Then I stick 'em under the light switches. It sounds silly, I know, but it is fun and it works.

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:35 pm

lol cool ^^
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

Analicia_213
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Analicia_213 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:54 pm

My family some times do that.I alway leave light when i watch tv,because im scare of ghost :?
Avvie @ Alakaru_1

당신이 느는 방 르십오.
Follow the ways you feel.

Signature @ Dark Light Ultra

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Yeah well sometimes i get scared of ghosts to but when ever i feel scared i bring a flash light with me XD i have huge bright flash light lol XD if i ever saw i ghost i bet i would do the thousand mile stare right off into no where lol! XD i think its called frozen in fear :D i have been frozen in fear once to, where i almost got hit by a train (that was in a dream though) and i froze and coudnt feel any part of my body and couldnt move. I have a lot of huge lights in my house like big lights hanging on the ceiling and stuff and large lamps with huge light bulbs. but here is some advice to calm you down if you do get scared of ghost here is what I do when i get scared. (i know this isn't about the topic but its just a quick thing to help you out XD) what i would do is turn on all lights in the room that you are in (but don't forget to turn them off when you leave XD) and you can turn on a tv show or something but as long as you have the things on in the room that you are in and not empty rooms but it wouldnt hurt to have a hallway light or a close light in another room close to where you are to be on. and you can not think about it and try to watch or read something and if you start hearing a few sounds it might make you think its a ghost and get you scared or something even though its just something that happened (lots of houses are in bad shape even mine XD my house makes a lot of sounds XD) you could listen to music or something or if there is a tv in the room you can turn that on and turn the volume a little high. lol once when i thought i saw a ghost i fliped out screaming my head off even though it was just my cat under neath my hat XD anyway i hope that advice helps you out. (back on topic.... again XD) its also a good thing to unplug cords to like say the tv is off well jsut because its off doesnt mean your still not wasting electricity. electricity can still go through that tv so its best to unplug it ^^

~cloudywolf

Nightskydapple
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Waiting for "Her" to turn back and realise I'm here enduring the pain.

Post by Nightskydapple » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:03 pm

We don't use lights in the morning, If my little brother does i just tell him to open his window or move the curtains or something.
We keep lights on at night in rooms we use.
And I do have a habit of leaving lights on (especially at night)
But every week we have a non electricity night.
So that night we usually dine out, (some where close though cuz we can't use our car)
:mrgreen:
(So its either me, my little brother, older brother or sister)
~Yeah I'm smiling,[/color]Inside dieing.~
Behind this fake mask of mine,
Paper thin lies, what I wished for most is a paper heart,
then you can't come and destroy and tear it apart like you
did to my last one.~

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:08 pm

i forget when this happened, maybe a few months ago or something but I was gone out to go get some candy at a store near my street (it was almost night time but still a bit light out) and i come back and i see every single light in my house turned on and everyone wasn't in any of the rooms where they left the lights on. they were all in a certain room watching TV or something like that and they got these huge lights on all over the house, I thought i was gonna be blind. Took me a really long time to see where i was going so i could turn off the huge light first, it was just awful. I couldn't believe how many lights were on. And guess what..... outside it looked like the sun was inside my house >>' it was embarrassing :oops: but oh well :roll: I certainly hope no one has had this kind of light problem :shock:

~cloudywolf

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:45 pm

When I first saw the name of this topic, I immediately thought of light pollution as well. Although my memory is vague, I remember seeing a video at a planetarium about light pollution and how it is making it impossible to see fainter stars now. It also wastes soooo much power as well, of course.
My dad is really big on making sure the lights are off when not needed to save money, so I'm pretty good at turning off lights because he's been getting on me about that for forever. xD
Also, you know how some things have little glowing buttons that tell you when something is plugged in? Like my Wii for example has a little light telling me that it's plugged in. Well, that's also wasting unnecessary electricity, so unplug those things if you can as well.^^

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Kivia wrote:When I first saw the name of this topic, I immediately thought of light pollution as well. Although my memory is vague, I remember seeing a video at a planetarium about light pollution and how it is making it impossible to see fainter stars now. It also wastes soooo much power as well, of course.
My dad is really big on making sure the lights are off when not needed to save money, so I'm pretty good at turning off lights because he's been getting on me about that for forever. xD
Also, you know how some things have little glowing buttons that tell you when something is plugged in? Like my Wii for example has a little light telling me that it's plugged in. Well, that's also wasting unnecessary electricity, so unplug those things if you can as well.^^
Yes that is all true. I have a wii and i always unplug it when im done with it. its also sometimes DVD players, my DVD player has a light on the power button and so i unplug it all the time so it doesn't wast power. And for the TV when its plugged in, you are still wasting power. did you know that :D (fascinating how these things work xD)

~cloudywolf

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 am

cloudywolf wrote:i forget when this happened, maybe a few months ago or something but I was gone out to go get some candy at a store near my street (it was almost night time but still a bit light out) and i come back and i see every single light in my house turned on and everyone wasn't in any of the rooms where they left the lights on. they were all in a certain room watching TV or something like that and they got these huge lights on all over the house, I thought i was gonna be blind. Took me a really long time to see where i was going so i could turn off the huge light first, it was just awful. I couldn't believe how many lights were on. And guess what..... outside it looked like the sun was inside my house >>' it was embarrassing :oops: but oh well :roll: I certainly hope no one has had this kind of light problem :shock:
LOL! That's so funny but I feel your pain. I came home from the bus stop one night, and it was pretty dark (there were thunder storms coming). I go in front of my house and I'm practically blind. I had to stand there for like thirty seconds before I could see the door knob! ^^ When I got inside, like ten people were all on the back porch and every light in the house was on I turned them all of, and everyone thought the electricity went out until I told them it was too bright :twisted: It was very funny but embarrassing too because people from my bus were like, "Oh my gosh that's so bright! It's burning my eyes!" and I'm just like, "Oh lord.Not again ..." :)
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

Nightskydapple
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Waiting for "Her" to turn back and realise I'm here enduring the pain.

Post by Nightskydapple » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:34 pm

wolfquest47 wrote:
cloudywolf wrote:i forget when this happened, maybe a few months ago or something but I was gone out to go get some candy at a store near my street (it was almost night time but still a bit light out) and i come back and i see every single light in my house turned on and everyone wasn't in any of the rooms where they left the lights on. they were all in a certain room watching TV or something like that and they got these huge lights on all over the house, I thought i was gonna be blind. Took me a really long time to see where i was going so i could turn off the huge light first, it was just awful. I couldn't believe how many lights were on. And guess what..... outside it looked like the sun was inside my house >>' it was embarrassing :oops: but oh well :roll: I certainly hope no one has had this kind of light problem :shock:
LOL! That's so funny but I feel your pain. I came home from the bus stop one night, and it was pretty dark (there were thunder storms coming). I go in front of my house and I'm practically blind. I had to stand there for like thirty seconds before I could see the door knob! ^^ When I got inside, like ten people were all on the back porch and every light in the house was on I turned them all of, and everyone thought the electricity went out until I told them it was too bright :twisted: It was very funny but embarrassing too because people from my bus were like, "Oh my gosh that's so bright! It's burning my eyes!" and I'm just like, "Oh lord.Not again ..." :)

lol I had one of the same experiences, since my Uncle was coming over for the first time at night. I've just came home from Maths and Sport, The whole house's lights were on. -__- And our house was the brightest. Even the rooms that aren't used had lights on! >< Since I was doing Tennis and then Maths, when I was walking back it was very dark already. My eyes hurt so much, It took me a while to find the door knob too and when I went in it felt almost like walking into the sun without shades on And I asked why we had the lights on and Mum said since Uncle will spot it more easily. "Cause he will, because our house is the brightest of ALL the other houses!"
did to my last one.~

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:41 pm

cloudywolf wrote:I certainly hope no one has had this kind of light problem :shock:
Holly smokes people, i said i hope no ONE has had anything like this and i got a thousand people who had this happen to them xD this aint the answer im a lookin for :shock: :lol: but oh well things like this must happen a lot eh :roll: :wink:

~cloudywolf

Nightskydapple
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Nightskydapple » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:01 am

cloudywolf wrote:
cloudywolf wrote:I certainly hope no one has had this kind of light problem :shock:
Holly smokes people, i said i hope no ONE has had anything like this and i got a thousand people who had this happen to them xD this aint the answer im a lookin for but oh well things like this must happen a lot eh :wink:
The whole house "Light up" hasn't happened for a while :D which is good.
When you look from far that time it seemed as if it was Christmas Eve and we were displaying our lights :?
did to my last one.~

Return to “Take Action”