Certain critters you should not kill

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderators: paperpaws, Isela

What do you think about Spiders?

They are just ADORABLE!
13%
I guess they're ok...
21%
Spiders...where?!
21%
NO I HATE spiders! All of them shall die!
22%
Spiders are pretty cool. Even if they bit me.
23%

Total votes: 149

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Don't kill Spiders!!

Post by Zarago » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:45 am

When you look in spider webs, have you noticed how little amount of flies are in there? It is mostly moths and ladybirds, which are needed.

yuli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by yuli » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:34 pm

I hate spiders but i think we need them,
the spiders eat insects bothering us C: (Some weeks ago a ton of insects was bothering me but a spider eat them C:) and if the spiders extinct or something like that,there would be a ton of insects.

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 pm

yuli wrote:I hate spiders but i think we need them,
the spiders eat insects bothering us C: (Some weeks ago a ton of insects was bothering me but a spider eat them C:) and if the spiders extinct or something like that,there would be a ton of insects.
There would be more insects if there were no spiders, but there are still many creatures that eat them, like bats, birds, fish, lizards.

yuli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by yuli » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Zarago wrote:
yuli wrote:I hate spiders but i think we need them,
There would be more insects if there were no spiders, but there are still many creatures that eat them, like bats, birds, fish, lizards.
I know,but you can find spiders in...all places,there is rarely see a lizard in where i live XD.Still there is a million of insects,but without spiders there will be a lot more X3

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:26 pm

yuli wrote:I know,but you can find spiders in...all places,there is rarely see a lizard in where i live XD.Still there is a million of insects,but without spiders there will be a lot more X3
It's just an example from all over the world. Birds are one of the biggest eaters of insects, fish too.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I just went camping and while I was animating on the computer, a spider came off my hat O.O I thought I got bit, so I killed the spider. And then I went to wikipedia to go search both of the dangerous spiders in Texas, so I could find a picture. I was glad to say I did not find a brown recluse or a black widow hiding on my hat, but I want to know what type of spider it was. It was brown, with little black streaks. It was about the size of a quarter. What do you think it was? I have no idea.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:20 am

river6 wrote:I just went camping and while I was animating on the computer, a spider came off my hat O.O I thought I got bit, so I killed the spider. And then I went to wikipedia to go search both of the dangerous spiders in Texas, so I could find a picture. I was glad to say I did not find a brown recluse or a black widow hiding on my hat, but I want to know what type of spider it was. It was brown, with little black streaks. It was about the size of a quarter. What do you think it was? I have no idea.
No idea what kind of spier o.o

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:44 am

O.o it was freaky. I mean VERY.

I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:20 pm

DragonflySpirit wrote:
river6 wrote:I just went camping and while I was animating on the computer, a spider came off my hat O.O I thought I got bit, so I killed the spider. And then I went to wikipedia to go search both of the dangerous spiders in Texas, so I could find a picture. I was glad to say I did not find a brown recluse or a black widow hiding on my hat, but I want to know what type of spider it was. It was brown, with little black streaks. It was about the size of a quarter. What do you think it was? I have no idea.
No idea what kind of spier o.o
I have no idea, but if you wern't affected by it, then it was probably not poisonous.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:20 am

Hopefully~

Spiders just plain freak me out o.o

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am

Ehh, not a huge fan of spiders. If there's one in my house I will take a broom and sweep it out.

Tarantulas are a different story. I wuv them :3 I want one badly but my mum's scared XD
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 am

wq47 HawkTail wrote:Ehh, not a huge fan of spiders. If there's one in my house I will take a broom and sweep it out.

Tarantulas are a different story. I wuv them :3 I want one badly but my mum's scared XD
Maybe I don't like spiders because they move too quickly in the complete opposite direction that you think they are going to go. Tarantula's tend to move a little slower than your average house spider, maybe this is why people are afraid of spiders?

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:43 am

Spiders are just plain creepy. They move way too fast for the brain to compute. Erm...Scary. o.o

yuli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by yuli » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:05 pm

There was a spider yesterday in my house, I just put my hand close to the spider web and then the spider get running really quick. (Going up with a little help of the web)

Caraig

Post by Caraig » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:49 pm

I think spiders are really good because they catch the bugs that we do not like. My mom always tries to kill spiders, but I try to save them if the weather outside is warm. If the weather is cold, I leave spiders inside the house. They have never done anything wrong to me.

Return to “Take Action”