BP Oil Spill

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderators: paperpaws, Isela

soloreclipse
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

BP Oil Spill

Post by soloreclipse » Thu May 27, 2010 12:07 pm

You may or may not have heard about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Well, there is one. It is going on right now, with tons of oil pouring into the ocean as we speak!
This is a tradgedy for all the marine and beach life in and around the Gulf. It is mainly around Louisiana, but the loop current is dragging it around the coast! We need to find a ways to stop oil spills. And save our oceans!
Last edited by soloreclipse on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why are you reading this? You just wasted 2 seconds of your life reading this!!!!

wolf at heart
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Oil Spills

Post by wolf at heart » Thu May 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I agree,oil spills are quite a problem.=C Alot of sealife could be killed,and there isn't alot we can do about oil spills,at least I didn't think there was

soloreclipse
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by soloreclipse » Thu May 27, 2010 12:45 pm

People are trying to help, but there is just SO much oil! Dawn Soap Company is trying to help the animals by cleaning them of oil.
Why are you reading this? You just wasted 2 seconds of your life reading this!!!!

wolf at heart
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wolf at heart » Thu May 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Thats good to hear,but i'm most concerned about the deep sea animals that are hard to get to...

soloreclipse
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by soloreclipse » Thu May 27, 2010 1:22 pm

For dolphins, whales, fish, the birds that feed off of fish, and coastal plants, they will all be sawmped with oil.
It's sad.

wolf at heart
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wolf at heart » Thu May 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah,If the oil spreads that far,i'm pretty sure their habitats will be destroyed... =C

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri May 28, 2010 11:18 pm

I heard it wasn't really an oil spill, but one of the underwater pipes that sucked up oil from the ocean floor broke. Or something.

It's really sad.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

wolf at heart
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wolf at heart » Sat May 29, 2010 1:35 am

A pipe? Thats bad,lets hope the damage is as small as possible.

AutumnSolace
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AutumnSolace » Sat May 29, 2010 2:26 am

Tiny, perhaps. I hope the problem is tiny. >.< I don't want any dolphins or any marine animals to perish because of the oil polluting the ocean (not blaming the people who owns the oil company). o.<

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat May 29, 2010 6:18 am

I believe that it was a pipe which broke down or something similar to that, its really sad to hear about this, I can't imagine how much this is probably effecting sea life and other creatures. If people are having to clean animals from the oil then you can tell this is a serious problem, apperently some sea life has already sadly been effected by this in not-so-good ways, though I'm not really surprised after hearing what amounts of oil have already been spread out so far since this oocured.

I hope that the pollution to water, habitats and animals stop soon, otherwise there could be large amounts of animals being greatly effected, probably even being killied by this.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Stonei
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Stonei » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:56 pm

This is such a horrific event. I really hope that they are able to control the situation and learn some techniques to prevent anything similar to happen in the future. Here is some more information on the cause of the spill.
Since the April 20 oil rig explosion that started the Gulf spill, BP's lobbyists and crisis communications experts have helped to shore up congressional opposition to measures punishing oil companies, and moved to position BP as an ally with the government to manage the crisis.
You can read more about it here - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 02422.html
~WQ UoTM~
June-2010

~ I support - The Fdshfbvsk Band ~

Happy Holidays!

My avatar shop - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26981

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:40 am

This is a horrible event, I hope that the situation is able to be helped. This, as silver said, will greatly effect the Sea Life around the area, due to the pollution hazard that has happened.

I hope that this catastrophe gets better, and that some of the Sea Life in that area is saved.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

alanMor
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by alanMor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:30 am

Hi everyone, so far the oil keeps spilling and BP are a bunch of morons. Marine life is really being destroyed and these guys are trying to save the well spot so they can make money, instead of destroying it. Anyhow i just want to post this link i found http://seizebp.org/ please take a moment and sign the petition to support the seizure of BP's assets to provide comprehensive compensation and relief for all affected people and for cleaning up the environment.

thank you!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Please keep this in mind:
Most of these threads just turn into humans are bad save the animals rants and that is not acceptable here.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

soloreclipse
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by soloreclipse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Here are a couple links to maps and Information.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010 ... er.html?hp
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8651333.stm
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/ ... edPostArea

This spill will likely destroy the Florida Key's coral reef, which is the third largest reef in the world, stretching 221 miles.

Return to “Take Action”