Endangered Animals

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

What animal do you support most?

Polar Bear
6%
Panda
2%
Red Panda
4%
Wolves
31%
Snow Leopard
19%
Sea Turtles
6%
Other
33%

Total votes: 52

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Endangered Animals

Post by Alpha2804 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:45 am

Zarago wrote:Umm, hello? Do you realise that hunting Wolves is bad fullstop? No hunting of Wolves should be allowed, I don't care how big their population is. Animals don't live forever, so the Wolves will eventually die. And killing was never meant to be, ever, its fine to let nature take its cource, never kill Wolves. They are not a pest, so, no hunting should be allowed, ever!

Zarago.
Well, see Zarago, that's your opinion. I agree, killing animals is wrong, but it can be nessesary. Yes it's true that animals die of old age, but think about all the problems that could happen if we let them just go around, too many would be there. Too many! Think, one wolf (female) has four pups, then dies of old age. Think, one wolf replaced by four?! Don't you see that that could cause major populatiion problems? And, wolves used to be a pest to people back then, because wolves stole sheep and stuff, the people got mad with that and began to use guns to keep wolves away.
Zarago, I don't like seeing wolves being killed, but sometimes it happens. Some people kill wolves for their fur and stuff to sell maybe, taht I don't really agree with, but population and keeping sheep and things is important. (sheep for whool, clothes)
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
.can't you feel my heart beat fast
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:55 am

Sheep are no matter, there are billions of sheep, and, they can be kept safe in proper, wolf-proof enclosures.

Farmers are very ignorant, and they don't like to spend money just for fencing, to keep Wolves out, because they believe, that the Wolves won't come.

Coyotes are killed less than Wolves eventhough they kill way more livestock than Wolves do, it awful.

Wolves should not be killed, I don't care how many Wolves there are, there are billions of people out there, and we don't kill our own species to keep the population down, we only kill each other with anger, which is still very wrong. Wolves should be left alone.

Wolves die of other causes too, bears, elk, starvation, thist, drowning in rivers ect.

Zarago.

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:41 am

Zarago wrote:Sheep are no matter, there are billions of sheep, and, they can be kept safe in proper, wolf-proof enclosures.

Farmers are very ignorant, and they don't like to spend money just for fencing, to keep Wolves out, because they believe, that the Wolves won't come.

Coyotes are killed less than Wolves eventhough they kill way more livestock than Wolves do, it awful.

Wolves should not be killed, I don't care how many Wolves there are, there are billions of people out there, and we don't kill our own species to keep the population down, we only kill each other with anger, which is still very wrong. Wolves should be left alone.

Wolves die of other causes too, bears, elk, starvation, thist, drowning in rivers ect.

Zarago.
Yes, it is sad. Farmers should use fences and other things to keep wolves out. There still aren't tons of wolves so that people can hunt them, so yes, it is pretty wrong to hunt and kill wolves. It's very sad, for wolves are truly bueatiful creatures.
I agree, wolves should be left alone until there're plenty.
Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
And for all the people that want to know, here is a pic. of the oil spill in the gulf of mexico: http://www.sindhtoday.net/wp-content/up ... _spill.jpg
Here are some animals that are covered in oil:
turtle; http://research.myfwc.com/images/galler ... _12692.jpg
Bird: http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/2 ... RRD00Z.jpg
dolphin: http://group3.greenpress.com/files/2009 ... 00x225.jpg
Oil spills are another problem in hurting animals. Sea animals especially.
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:43 am

That 'bird' is a Gannet, very beautiful bird.

Zarago.

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Zarago wrote:That 'bird' is a Gannet, very beautiful bird.

Zarago.
Yes, it is quite a beautiful bird isn't it. Sorry about calling it a bird (it is one) I was just looking for an example, like that turtle is a green sea turtle. It looks black from the oil...
I hope we find something we can use, not oil, so that oil spills arent much of a problem anymore.
Air pollution is another thing, like why can't we use solar pannel cars: http://solarpanelsystemkits.com/wp-cont ... verted.jpg
Or cars that run on water: http://greenterrafirma.com/images/EV/water-car.jpg
That would help alot with air pollution, which also harms animals. And us!
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

AutumnSolace
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AutumnSolace » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Zarago wrote:Umm, hello? Do you realise that hunting Wolves is bad fullstop? No hunting of Wolves should be allowed, I don't care how big their population is. Animals don't live forever, so the Wolves will eventually die. And killing was never meant to be, ever, its fine to let nature take its cource, never kill Wolves. They are not a pest, so, no hunting should be allowed, ever!

Zarago.
If that's your opinion then I won't force you to believe mine, I just wanted to point out that sometime hunting wolves are necessary, not a must. Because if we don't control the wolf population, what happens to their preys such as elks? The elks or any other preys will die out rapidly, and if their preys had extinct, what happens to the wolves? Die from starvation. But that's just my opinion anyway.
Alpha2804 wrote:
Zarago wrote:Sheep are no matter, there are billions of sheep, and, they can be kept safe in proper, wolf-proof enclosures.

Zarago.
Yes, it is sad. Farmers should use fences and other things to keep wolves out. There still aren't tons of wolves so that people can hunt them, so yes, it is pretty wrong to hunt and kill wolves. It's very sad, for wolves are truly bueatiful creatures.
I agree, wolves should be left alone until there're plenty.
Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
And for all the people that want to know, here is a pic. of the oil spill in the gulf of mexico: http://www.sindhtoday.net/wp-content/up ... _spill.jpg
Here are some animals that are covered in oil:
turtle; http://research.myfwc.com/images/galler ... _12692.jpg
Bird: http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/2 ... RRD00Z.jpg
dolphin: http://group3.greenpress.com/files/2009 ... 00x225.jpg
Oil spills are another problem in hurting animals. Sea animals especially.
Oh my, when I saw the image of the turtle, I was horrified. D: No marine animals or any animals should experience that.
Alpha2804 wrote:
Zarago wrote:That 'bird' is a Gannet, very beautiful bird.

Zarago.
Yes, it is quite a beautiful bird isn't it. Sorry about calling it a bird (it is one) I was just looking for an example, like that turtle is a green sea turtle. It looks black from the oil...
I hope we find something we can use, not oil, so that oil spills arent much of a problem anymore.
Air pollution is another thing, like why can't we use solar pannel cars: http://solarpanelsystemkits.com/wp-cont ... verted.jpg
Or cars that run on water: http://greenterrafirma.com/images/EV/water-car.jpg
That would help alot with air pollution, which also harms animals. And us!
Even if we used a solar panel cars, how can the drivers drive their car during night time? Since some workers works at night. But instead of using oil fuels, we could use algae as a fuel instead of the current fuel were using? I've heard that scientists are working on it and hopefully it'll be a success. c:

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:08 am

...watching this topic. Be careful of arguements, guys. (:

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:38 am

Koa wrote:...watching this topic. Be careful of arguements, guys. (:
Ok, we will! Sorry Koa!
Maiana wrote:Even if we used a solar panel cars, how can the drivers drive their car during night time? Since some workers works at night. But instead of using oil fuels, we could use algae as a fuel instead of the current fuel were using? I've heard that scientists are working on it and hopefully it'll be a success. c:
Lets see, for the solar panel cars, maybe there could be a battery, and during the day it gets charged by the sunlight, so at night the car will have a fully charged battery? Then the next day, it would recharge again and again. But yeah, if I got the whole battery thing wrong, then solar pannel cars wouldn't be the best, but you know they're making improvments. You know, probobly. Anyway, algea fuel? Yeah! That would work too. And I'm glad scientists are working on it! And it will be great if it was a success! :D
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

AutumnSolace
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AutumnSolace » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:32 am

Sorry Koa, we'll steer away from arguing to each other.
Alpha2804 wrote:
Ok, we will! Sorry Koa!
Maiana wrote:Even if we used a solar panel cars, how can the drivers drive their car during night time? Since some workers works at night. But instead of using oil fuels, we could use algae as a fuel instead of the current fuel were using? I've heard that scientists are working on it and hopefully it'll be a success. c:
Lets see, for the solar panel cars, maybe there could be a battery, and during the day it gets charged by the sunlight, so at night the car will have a fully charged battery? Then the next day, it would recharge again and again. But yeah, if I got the whole battery thing wrong, then solar pannel cars wouldn't be the best, but you know they're making improvments. You know, probobly. Anyway, algea fuel? Yeah! That would work too. And I'm glad scientists are working on it! And it will be great if it was a success! :D
With the battery idea sounds a great idea Alpha! Why didn't I thought of that? o~o And yes, I do hope that the algae experiment will become a great success. So then we may able to steer away from the accident in Gulf (and I'm not blaming anyone) and able to lower the prices for the fuel. c:

Animal Lover 4 Ever
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Animal Lover 4 Ever » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Yeah that battery car idea is an awesome idea! And also, in my science class a few weeks ago, we were talking about cars that run on algae. They said scientists are still working on it, but they did have a prototype that worked! it was like a little toy car, but once they put the algae into the car, it started to move! It was really cool. We have so much algae on Earth (you can pull it out of air!) that we couldnt possibly run out as quickly as foosil fuels.
-Rose :mrgreen:
~~~~~~~~~
----------╔═╗╔═╗
----------║║╠═╣═╬═╗
----------║═╣║╠═║╩╣
----------╚╩╩═╩═╩═╝
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Signature © Me
~~~~~~~~~

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Animal Lover 4 Ever wrote:Yeah that battery car idea is an awesome idea! And also, in my science class a few weeks ago, we were talking about cars that run on algae. They said scientists are still working on it, but they did have a prototype that worked! it was like a little toy car, but once they put the algae into the car, it started to move! It was really cool. We have so much algae on Earth (you can pull it out of air!) that we couldnt possibly run out as quickly as foosil fuels.
-Rose :mrgreen:
Yeah! There is lots of algae! It will make things much easier, and less harmful to the environment. I think it's sad how in China there is so little bamboo for panda's... I hope panda's make a comeback! They are big, cute bears! My favorite bear besides the polar bear, big white heaps of fur! XD I think it's nice how some people stepped up to save animals endangered like panda's, snow leapards, red pandas, javan rhinoceros, and many more! Did anyone look at that list I posted earlier?
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

Animal Lover 4 Ever
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Animal Lover 4 Ever » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Lol, i did, and do you know about clouded lepoards? they are more endangered than snow lepoards and there arent to many left in the world. People STILL hunt them for their beautiful spotted fur. I think its sick and wrong! i mean, lik in an earlier post, its not like they are overpopulating or killing sheep like wolves. They dont even go near humans! This cat breed has been terribly mistreated. :cry:
-Rose
P.S.: Peoples, you should look up their pics on the internet. They are really wonderful creatures.
~~~~~~~~~
----------╔═╗╔═╗
----------║║╠═╣═╬═╗
----------║═╣║╠═║╩╣
----------╚╩╩═╩═╩═╝
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Signature © Me
~~~~~~~~~

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm unsure if this has already been posted somewhere on this topic, though I would recommend everyone to go to this site:
http://wwf.panda.org/

Very great stuff there if you wish to help. I actually 'adopted' a Darwin's Fox from them (you can adopt several different types of endangered animals), and $.82 of every dollar goes straight to conservation. There's a ton of other things besides donating you can do as well if you wish to help endangered animals =D

Animal Lover 4 Ever
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Animal Lover 4 Ever » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 pm

:mrgreen: Lol wow thanks Kivia! Im going to check it out! I actually adopted a bald eagle on another endagered species website about three years ago when i went with my family to Alaska. They had a few you could adopt, and one of them had been shot, which is the one my family adopted.
-Rose
~~~~~~~~~
----------╔═╗╔═╗
----------║║╠═╣═╬═╗
----------║═╣║╠═║╩╣
----------╚╩╩═╩═╩═╝
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Signature © Me
~~~~~~~~~

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Kivia wrote:I'm unsure if this has already been posted somewhere on this topic, though I would recommend everyone to go to this site:
http://wwf.panda.org/

Very great stuff there if you wish to help. I actually 'adopted' a Darwin's Fox from them (you can adopt several different types of endangered animals), and $.82 of every dollar goes straight to conservation. There's a ton of other things besides donating you can do as well if you wish to help endangered animals =D
Thanks for the website Kivia! I was always wondering what they're website was. Anyway, I'm probobly going to "adopt" a few animals as well! And yes, I agree. There are tons of other ways to help animals! One way I always wanted to help was to keep baby sea turtles safe when they are traveling from their nest to the ocean.
And yes, it is sad that the wonderful Clouded Leopard is in trouble... they are remarkable creatures, as are all endangered animals. It's wrong to kill an animal for fur... we have plenty of clothes to use already...

(I personally think mosquitoes are bad, no matter how many there are. Which there are tons! Some carry terrible desieses,/ so would someone mind telling me how mosquitoes are important?)

And that's sad to hear Rose! I like bald eagles too. I hope to adopt many animals, and I hope to save them!
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~