Wildlife Friendly Yards

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderators: paperpaws, Isela

Aluriel
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Wildlife Friendly Yards

Post by Aluriel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:44 am

unfortunately,i don't have a yard,and in my apartment live only my dog,and some cockroaches.Oh and sometimes i get visited by my best friends,the mosquitoes :lol:
cookies recieved from:
wolfdog911: {::}
gingadog: {::}
Raimundo: {::}
Special cookie recieved from XxXTsukieXxX :D:{::}

LunarWolfVII
Pup
Pup
Location: Deep within a forest...Somewhere...*mysterious smile*

Post by LunarWolfVII » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:31 am

Well, we don't have any offical stuff like mentioned in the post, but generally we're careful about containing our trash were harmful or dangerous waste might, away be from animals (wild or not)

and extending beyond our yard, we make an effort as best we can to prevent the prejudice against animals with not so nice stigmas like tarantulas, snakes, lizards and even scorpians that occasionally wadner down from the hill near our house.

unlike what's sadly the norm in our neighborhood our Dad taught us the practice of relocating rather than killing these types of creatures when they show up, so whenever we see a tarantuala or scorpian (don't worry, we never touch it with our hands, we're aware of those stingers! :shock: ) we take a bucket and place them back on the hill where they belong rather than killing them outright like many do here - same with snakes or lizards (if they're non-venomeous or otherwise harmless, that is, if not, we'd call professionals.) generally, we just don't take the descision to end a creature's life lightly, even smaller spiders and other helpful critters in our house, and we make the effort to treat ALL creatures as best we can, not just the cute or pretty ones. ^_^
...when the sun has gone I see you
beautiful and haunting but cold
like the blade of a knife so sharp so sweet
nobody knows your heart...

- "Princess Mononoke" by Joe Hisaishi

My DeviantART - http://skygatecreations.deviantart.com/

winterwolf21
Pup
Pup

Post by winterwolf21 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:10 am

birds and squirrels come into my yard all the time a cedar waxwing bird came into my crabapple tree once and we seen it up close and one ime wild turkeys came into my yard (cool huh!) i have trees in my yard and the grass is good birdfeeders are in meh yard too so birds and squirrels are very common for us
..........*
........//\\
.......///\\\
......////\\\\
...../////\\\\\
.....++||++

MerryChristmasWQ

REST IN PEACE LAKOTA YOU WERE A GREAT WOLF
)....(\_/)
))__/{"-;
((/////;
\\.....\\