Now available on Steam!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

FlowerSky
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Now available on Steam!

Post by FlowerSky » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:24 pm

I like that I now have the potential to play on my tablet. But I notivpced that I have to rebuy it and I'm not sure I want to do that... :l

-Amaris-
Name: Amar

Post by -Amaris- » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:05 am

FlowerSky wrote:I like that I now have the potential to play on my tablet. But I notivpced that I have to rebuy it and I'm not sure I want to do that... :l
You know that if you have an itch.io account, or at least a link saved to the download in your email or whatsoever, you should be able to get it for free again via there on another device such as your tablet. Maybe try that out first!

On another note. I was long gone and seems as though I didn't promise myself to show my face here again so often. But glad to see WQ is finally available on Steam, cheers and a job well done!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:24 am

-Amaris- wrote:
FlowerSky wrote:I like that I now have the potential to play on my tablet. But I notivpced that I have to rebuy it and I'm not sure I want to do that... :l
You know that if you have an itch.io account, or at least a link saved to the download in your email or whatsoever, you should be able to get it for free again via there on another device such as your tablet. Maybe try that out first!

On another note. I was long gone and seems as though I didn't promise myself to show my face here again so often. But glad to see WQ is finally available on Steam, cheers and a job well done!
Amaris is correct, you will not need to repurchase the game if you have bought it in the past. You can find your DRM-free copy and a Steam key on your itch.io download page. That said, this is still just the PC version - the tablet version is still in development.

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:24 am

That's great! My friends already bought the game.
If I may ask, how are the sales going?

Akuerri
Pup
Pup

Post by Akuerri » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:48 am

I already purchased WQ before the Steam release, now I have my Steam key, but what do I do with it? I would love to have the game on Steam to keep track of my achievements. Please help.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:55 am

Akuerri wrote:I already purchased WQ before the Steam release, now I have my Steam key, but what do I do with it? I would love to have the game on Steam to keep track of my achievements. Please help.
In the Steam client, select the 'Games' menu in the very top of your screen (x), click 'Activate a product on Steam' and enter your key.

Akuerri
Pup
Pup

Post by Akuerri » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:59 am

Anduril wrote:
Akuerri wrote:I already purchased WQ before the Steam release, now I have my Steam key, but what do I do with it? I would love to have the game on Steam to keep track of my achievements. Please help.
In the Steam client, select the 'Games' menu in the very top of your screen (x), click 'Activate a product on Steam' and enter your key.
It worked, thanks for your help!

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:29 am

How long does it take to verify after I requested support to resend the email I previously got? Because I cannot seem to find the link and wondering how long this processing takes.
Thank you!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:02 am

Glossy wrote:How long does it take to verify after I requested support to resend the email I previously got? Because I cannot seem to find the link and wondering how long this processing takes.
Thank you!
You emailed us about it? I don't think I've seen that. Can you email info@wolfquest.org again and tell us your username and we'll activate it.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:07 am

loboLoco wrote:
Glossy wrote:How long does it take to verify after I requested support to resend the email I previously got? Because I cannot seem to find the link and wondering how long this processing takes.
Thank you!
You emailed us about it? I don't think I've seen that. Can you email info@wolfquest.org again and tell us your username and we'll activate it.
Oh I have to email you guys about getting my steam verification key? Because I already have the game, downloaded/installed, etc. But I don't know how long or if I followed the wrong instructions about getting a request resent to my email for that key.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:12 am

Ahh, you mean the itch.io e-mail you can receive again by contacting support? I cannot find an indication of how long it takes anywhere, but if you are unsure about whether your e-mail sent or not, you can always try contacting them again and requesting a copy of your e-mail to be sent to your own e-mail address. I'm guessing you cannot find the original e-mail anywhere else, such as on your phone or in a webmail client? :/

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:22 am

Anduril wrote:Ahh, you mean the itch.io e-mail you can receive again by contacting support? I cannot find an indication of how long it takes anywhere, but if you are unsure about whether your e-mail sent or not, you can always try contacting them again and requesting a copy of your e-mail to be sent to your own e-mail address. I'm guessing you cannot find the original e-mail anywhere else, such as on your phone or in a webmail client? :/
Well I sent a request yesterday and knowingly it's being processed still I'm guessing. I am not on that computer to check any client if anything. I've tried using keywords in my email to verify and the only sources came up is that I registered with the username back on 11/25/2015. As the latest email for 2.7. I just don't know what I can use as keywords to find an email from itch.io, since nothing comes up for that. So in the mantime I am awaiting a response to hear back.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:33 am

Oh, that's the email you're talking about, sorry. It should come within a minute or two. If it doesn't, then it either got caught by a spam filter, or the email address is wrong. Can you search your emails for anything from itch.io?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:49 am

loboLoco wrote:Oh, that's the email you're talking about, sorry. It should come within a minute or two. If it doesn't, then it either got caught by a spam filter, or the email address is wrong. Can you search your emails for anything from itch.io?
Unfortunately the email address is wrong...and I don't know what other address I used in the process of buying it. I used my main/original email for signing up the new username for 2.7, but would that still be apart of the itch.io site? If not, then I'll have to look into it Wednesday and get that all situated.

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:03 pm

I love how you guys put some of the users Vids in! Its great!! :fox: :wolf: :moose: :beaver: