WolfQuest is finally available for iPhone & iPad!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and games.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WolfQuest is finally available for iPhone & iPad!

Post by Neamara » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:40 pm

@JordyWild and for everyone else asking about the Android version: According to today's newspost, it is now available. :)

fruit
Pup
Pup

Post by fruit » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Yay!!! I wish I saw this sooner. I was sick in bed for the weekend, but I REALLY wanted to play WolfQuest! Now I know that I could have just downloaded it on my iPad.
Thanks to everyone who made this possible! Can't wait to play! :wolf:

sealandanimalsAJ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sealandanimalsAJ » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:03 pm

On my phone, it constantly says," Can't connect to server! Log in Again!". I have a strong Wi-Fi connection. Does anybody else have this problem?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:47 pm

sealandanimalsAJ wrote:On my phone, it constantly says," Can't connect to server! Log in Again!". I have a strong Wi-Fi connection. Does anybody else have this problem?
Hi. Try posting a thread in Tips, hints, and Help so we can keep this thread organized. Thanks!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:46 pm

sealandanimalsAJ wrote:On my phone, it constantly says," Can't connect to server! Log in Again!". I have a strong Wi-Fi connection. Does anybody else have this problem?
Can you try this? Play the game until it crashes. The switch to the web browser on your device and go here:
<http://whatismyipaddress.com>

And copy the IP Address shown there and send it to support@wolfquest.org with a detailed description of what's happening.

thanks
Dave
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Maertice

Post by Maertice » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:29 am

So exciting, but too bad that the game be able to download or play without Wifi..

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 pm

reatoivonen wrote:So exciting, but too bad that the game be able to download or play without Wifi..
You can play the game offline, it just won't sync any files to the server until you get online again. The installation, however, will require WiFi.

Skittish17
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Pierce

Post by Skittish17 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:07 am

Guys, this is so amazing, I feel like I'm a kid again, playing it on my phone, on the go. It brightens my day, and I've really needed it, in the past few days. This is awesome, and I cannot express how much I appreciate that you guys have worked so hard for us to have it for mobile devices! I'm more than happy to say that I will be purchasing the coats and bodies as soon as I can!

Thank you for all that you do, staff of WolfQuest!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:38 am

Skittish17 wrote:Guys, this is so amazing, I feel like I'm a kid again, playing it on my phone, on the go. It brightens my day, and I've really needed it, in the past few days. This is awesome, and I cannot express how much I appreciate that you guys have worked so hard for us to have it for mobile devices! I'm more than happy to say that I will be purchasing the coats and bodies as soon as I can!

Thank you for all that you do, staff of WolfQuest!
So glad you're enjoying it! We really appreciate hearing that.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Sorry for cross-posting: We've released the next patch: Version 2.7.2p7. This is a maintenance patch with a few new things and a lot of bug fixes. On iOS, go to the App Store to download the updated game. It'll replace the version on your device, but won't affect your saved-game data.

New:
* In multiplayer games, after the host kicks three players, no new players can join the game. (Please do not abuse the Kick function. Create a private game if you want to play only with friends! Excessive kicking may lead to restrictions on your game account.)
* Online status now displays correctly in the Account: Friends panel.
* Host username is now displayed in the multiplayer game lobby.

General Bugfixes:
* Multiplayer bug that prevents players from picking up pups (at least, one such bug).
* Various other fixes that should prevent some rare bugs in multiplayer games.
* Another fix to prevent multiple cougars from spawning in multiplayer.
* Corrections to inconsistencies in kill stats and achievements (not retroactive, alas).
* Bug that prevents the ESC/Pause Menu from appearing (at least, one such bug).
* Bug related to howling and Pack Affinity.
* Bug that prevented game conclusion when all players reach rendezvous spot.
* Coyotes and other animals will not spawn during stranger-wolf encounters.
* Bug that made Pack Rally more difficult to achieve with fewer players in a multiplayer game.

Mobile-Specific Bugfixes:
* Reduced memory load during transition from Mark Territory to Pups mission, to reduce possible crashes on mobile devices with 1GB RAM.
* Various bugs that cause crashes (after chasing away eagle, upon reaching rendezvous site, etc.)
* Players who have not purchased the Coats Customization pack will see customized coats and bodies on other players. Also, stranger wolves will now properly have a variety of the basic coats.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:02 pm

loboLoco wrote:* In multiplayer games, after the host kicks three players, no new players can join the game. (Please do not abuse the Kick function. Create a private game if you want to play only with friends! Excessive kicking may lead to restrictions on your game account.)
This is the most brilliant solution to excessive kickers that I have ever seen! I'm so happy to see it implemented. Thanks for the update Dave.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Lobo Laughing wrote:
loboLoco wrote:* In multiplayer games, after the host kicks three players, no new players can join the game. (Please do not abuse the Kick function. Create a private game if you want to play only with friends! Excessive kicking may lead to restrictions on your game account.)
This is the most brilliant solution to excessive kickers that I have ever seen! I'm so happy to see it implemented. Thanks for the update Dave.
Thanks, but I can't take any credit for it -- apparently that's how Counterstrike handles the problem.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements”