Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

smitty

Re: Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Post by smitty » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:59 am

That's awesome Dave! Can't wait to see the new episode come on out, and over all since my time here with the community, it was amazing to watch how both the game and the forums themselves grew as new members joined up! It's definitely safe to say I've made some life long friends here on WQ way back when we only had the one map at the beginning. Thus, all in all, can't wait to see more of what's to come! :D

Siaka
Pup
Pup

Post by Siaka » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:05 am

Ahh, I'm pumped for the new episode! <3 I can't wait! Happy New Year, everyone!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:00 pm

I was sure I'd uploaded that image...but apparently not. I've done so now, and here it is:
MP usage 2016
MP usage 2016
MPusage2016.jpg (87.44 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Wow, I almost can't believe I'm reading this news XD I've been a WolfQuest player since....man, perhaps it's initial first release back when it was just Amethyst Mountain. It's amazing just how much it's grown since then, and even rose from what seemed like certain death! And now it's been announced that Episode 3's going to be made :DD It's come such a long way since the old days to now.

I'm so excited now X3 Keep up the great work!

Kaioh
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kaioh » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Oh my gosh!!! A new episode?!?? Finally!!! This is SO amazing I feel like jumping up and down! I've waited so long for this to happen, and to think, about 2 years ago everyone thought Wolfquest would be done for. So glad to see 2017 starting out right. :D

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Well... what can I say? This really put a smile on my face, thanks Dave!

It makes me so happy to see how much WolfQuest has evolved, even if I wasn't around to experience some of the earlier phases. I am truly amazed that one game has caught the enjoyment and experience and the knowledge of many, many, many people. It's gone from hunting elk and finding a mate in Amethyst Mountain, to being able to go to Slough Creek, to exploring Lost River, to raising pups in multi-player, to chasing foxes, fighting cougars, shooing ravens, getting murdered by moose... it's.. amazing. A young game that started out with only Amethyst Mountain, to an expanded world with the best graphics I've ever seen in a game. I know that it was originally planned to rid of all plans of further development once funding ran out, but, hey, it didn't exactly work out like that, yeah? Imagine where we'd all be if 2.7 never existed, was never even thought of, all that. Just think about it. No Lost River, only five customization options, hundreds of bugs and glitches, etcetera. But 2.7 does exist, and because of that, the developers can expand the game beyond what was ever expected.. I'm so amazed, I really am.

A third episode is a huge step on the moon for this game. I hardly have any words... I'm just so overjoyed. I'm very proud of this game that has been my absolute favorite for a while now.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm crying.

I'm crying because I know that this update was a risk in itself. There was no guarantee of its success, and yet the team has pushed through thick and thin to develop the best game of my entire childhood.

I need a moment to compose myself...

All I can say now is thank you. I thank you all so very much. My little heart is quivering with joy.

DaewnoftheGamer
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

HOORAY!! Arooooo!! :3

Post by DaewnoftheGamer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:27 pm

This is amazing! I cannot wait to see how WolfQuest will grow over the years, but I will do my best to try! This is such an amazing game that I started playing in my early teens, and still adore to this day. I love how much fun it is to learn about wolves and other species that direly need our help. I look forward to seeing the next episode, no matter when it comes! Because I know the wait will ABSOLUTELY be worth it!! :D

WindingPath
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WindingPath » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:28 am

I'm so excited to hear this! I used to play WolfQuest all the time in middle school and revisited it last fall just by chance. I was so excited to see how much it has grown, and the fact that it is continuing to grow makes me so happy. Thank you, WolfQuest team, for your continuous effort and dedication to making such an amazing game!

Whitetigress55
Pup
Pup

Post by Whitetigress55 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Wow, this is amazing! I never expected it would get this far, to be honest, but I can't wait!

Barkers15
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Barkers15 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:45 pm

This is so exciting! As someone who's been playing this for a long time--since I was little, in fact--a new episode has been something I've been waiting for for a long time, and I'm s o excited! ! ! I bet it'll be amazing. I absolutely can't wait!

Wolfwind

Post by Wolfwind » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Aaaa this is awesome! I am so excited to hear about a new episode in the works! 8D Congratulations for getting so far with this game, and I wish the team the best with future success :D Can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

I know it's quite a ways off, but will you guys be looking for/accepting more beta testers for this one when the time comes?

Xela Winchester
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Xela Winchester » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Barkers15 wrote:This is so exciting! As someone who's been playing this for a long time--since I was little, in fact--a new episode has been something I've been waiting for for a long time, and I'm s o excited! ! ! I bet it'll be amazing. I absolutely can't wait!
Ahhh, same! I've been playing since 2008, and it's wonderful to see how far the game has come since then!
I can't wait to see what Episode 3 has in store!

chris the wolf 6
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by chris the wolf 6 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Very awesome, I hope you guys can do more incredible things :D

Sunfrost23
Pup
Pup
Name: Veronica

Post by Sunfrost23 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:50 pm

This is absolutely amazing and I am soooooo excited, but I have a question: will you continue to release updates like 2.7.3 and such up until the new episode comes out? Or will you just be focusing on the new episode? I was just curious. Thanks so much for all the work you've done to make this game amazing! :D