Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

TacticianLyra
Pup
Pup

Re: Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Post by TacticianLyra » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:19 pm

News of an Episode 3 is literally the best thing to hear after coming back to the game!

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 pm

I honestly hope to get to see the entire life cycle.

Are we getting an automated day/night cycle? I hope so.

If I could ask, is the episode taking place when you get to the summer den? Or when will it start taking place? Cause I know next spring would have the new pups. Will this episode bring the game into a wonderful never ending circle of raising and then teaching?

Exospectron
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Exospectron » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 am

Great work all who are involved, it takes quite some effort to make game such is this.

Keep the good work and I hope that in future we will be able to live trough Wolfs eyes and see whole their lives and all aspects of it, the good, the bad and the ugly.

If you are worried by PEGI, simply produce 2 versions, 1 for children and one 18+ its simple solutions.

I think that children cannot see all the blood, gore, guts and torn up pups but I am over 18 and I slay animals for food so I am used to it, realism is what I seek.

Thanks for the effort and reading this post.

Have a nice day.

Exospectron

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:59 am

Well if you want to be technical, we already have the option to revive dead puppies-- at the cost of some (a lot?) of progress, by reloading a save. In theory, you could just brute-force your way through and save every ten seconds and reload whenever a puppy dies if you wanted to be absolutely sure all of your puppies made it. But I get the feeling most of us don't play that way.

So yeah, I say dead puppies should stay dead. If a player is determined enough to keep them alive by brute-force saving, that's another thing. But I don't think we should get a "revive" button for episode 3.

And even if we did, there would have to be some cost to it-- a weighty one. Otherwise it becomes a "get out of jail free" card.

SallyLowlord
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SallyLowlord » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Update Request-
Could we have an update that lets us into Stranger Wolf Territory and maybe be the predator?
Thank you so much!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:13 am

SallyLowlord wrote:Update Request-
Could we have an update that lets us into Stranger Wolf Territory and maybe be the predator?
Thank you so much!
For future reference, please direct any ideas for updates to the Ideas For New Episodes thread. Thanks!

DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup
Name: Soul

Post by DragonSoul720 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 am

Oh wow! A new episode in development? I've been playing back since 2.3 lol. Super excited to see what you guys come up with. Keep up with the good work!

sea land animals
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sea land animals » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:52 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:
sea land animals wrote:Although I am a relatively new player (I've been playing since 2.5), I am so happy that Wolfquest has continued to grow and teach people about these beautiful animals! :wolf: Also, will the third episode become a new game and will it be free?
I do not believe the third episode will be free. After all, game development is expensive & they need to recoup their costs for making the third episode. I believe it will be downloadable DLC (so it will add-on to the current game), but don't quote me on that.
Even if it does cost money, I do plan on buying it. I'm very excited to find out what the third episode has in store for us!

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Post by Loach » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:21 am

I definitely plan on buying a 3rd episode installment if it requires it. The devs deserve as much for all their hard work, and while the game is rough around the edges in a few places, it is certainly worth more than it is at the present price.

Piping in on this even though it's rather belated, but dead puppies should certainly stay dead.

I'm super curious on what the contents of the third episode will entail, mostly if it will be within slough creek or if a different area will be explorable for it. I'm excited nontheless.

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Yay! Excited!! Can't wait to play!
:D
I have a few curious questions

Can you please make video of you making the next episode? And on how your programing works? I am soooooooo interested in how you accomplish a game. And what program would you suggest if someone wants to make a small, verry small fun little game? (2d not 3d) simple yet fun, and how would you do a fundraiser for the game? So you could help animals, like wolves.

Do you support animals and give some of the game money to the wolf or zoo people? So then can help animals? And do you help people with the money. Or is it just for the game?
What would you suggest if someone mad a game like WQ, and gave it to you?
(This is my imagination running on 'What Ifs')

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:56 pm

BlueBellTigger wrote:I am soooooooo interested in how you accomplish a game. And what program would you suggest if someone wants to make a small, verry small fun little game? (2d not 3d) simple yet fun
For this selection, hopefully this thread in the WolfQuest FAQ will be helpful-
WQ Coordinator wrote:We're using Unity, a superb game development application for Macintosh computers. Unity is a great application for 3D game development, and provides the Master Server to make connections between players in multiplayer WolfQuest games. After this base connection is made, it's all peer-to-peer. If you want to learn more about Unity, how to create your own multiplayer games, or anything else related, please visit the Unity web site (http://unity3d.com/). It has tutorials, sample projects, and even discussion forums.

If you're interested in making your own computer game, we recommend 'Scratch' (scratch.mit.edu)- it's a cool tool for making simple games. Unity is a very complicated and expensive program, so Scratch is better if you're just starting out.
Source: What program did you use to create WolfQuest?

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:52 pm

Thank you Neamara!

TallFox87
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TallFox87 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:14 am

Can it be transfered over to the new one that just came out? I spent alot of money on the new one, and I'll be feather if I'm gonna have to purchase ANOTHER game :( Why do you make it cost? Please reply. I wanna know if it will be added to the new one that just came out.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 am

TallFox87 wrote:Can it be transfered over to the new one that just came out? Please reply. I wanna know if it will be added to the new one that just came out.
Dave said something about this earlier in this topic:
loboLoco wrote:Episode 3 will be DLC for purchase. We haven't decided on the price yet--it'll depend on the size and scope of the episode--but at the moment I'd imagine around $5-$6 more or less.
So yes, it will add on the current game rather than being an entirely separate client, but it is going to cost money.
TallFox87 wrote:I spent alot of money on the new one, and I'll be feather if I'm gonna have to purchase ANOTHER game :( Why do you make it cost?
Game development itself unfortunately is not free either. WolfQuest has reached a point where they need to apply a price tag to the game for it to be able to exist. The bright side is that it is not going to equal the full price of WolfQuest 2.7, and I am sure Dave has a lot in store for us to make it worth the money.

--

As an Episode 3 has officially been announced now, I believe this topic has run its course. I'll be locking this now - any questions about Episode 3 can be redirected to the official announcement topic.