What should I do if a moderator locks/trashes my post/topic?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

What should I do if a moderator locks/trashes my post/topic?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 pm

1) Stay calm. You sending an angry message to a moderator or administrator demanding to know why your topic was changed or deleted will not bring your post back, and may result in a warning or ban.
2) Do not re-create the post/topic that was just locked/trashed. Moderators should have a reason for locking a topic (and will typically explain that at the bottom of a locked topic), so if you just make the same topic again, it will probably just be locked/trashed again, and is basically considered to be SPAM. If you honestly don’t understand why your topic was locked/trashed, ask! Remember to stay calm and positive, and you should be returned with a serious explanation as to why your post/topic was locked/trashed.
3) If you disagree with the reason why the moderator locked/trashed your post/topic, you can private message a moderator and calmly explain your situation and your detailed reason as to why you think your topic belongs in the forums and follows the forum guidelines. If you make a good case and stay calm and positive, there is a chance your topic will be unlocked or he/she will allow you to re-create your topic with his/her permission. If they still disagree and think your topic should remain locked/trashed, then it probably should. You may want to review the forum guidelines so you can understand why your topic wasn’t suitable for the WolfQuest Forums and so your future posts/topics can be posted with no problems!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Return to “The Forum”