Page 4 of 23

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 am
by pawnee
Once agian, I have never seen a wolf with blue eyes...I have seen yellow, orange, brown, amber, green, grey but never bright sky blue like in a husky or a malamute.

Most animals with blue eyes are hybrids or have dog ancestery in them...

The only 'wolf' I've seen with blue eyes was an animated wolf in a film.

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:10 pm
by Cowgirl101
Wolves can also have blue and icy grey. icy grey is NOT blue.
Really wolves well k9s can have almost all colors. I seen a wolf wih purpleish blueish eyes if i believe right.

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:14 pm
by snprwlf
While it is very uncommon, to say pure wolves never have blue eyes is an entirely false statement. There are anomalies present in all types of living things. The following is from one of many wolf information sites that say basically the same thing:
Most wolf pups are born with blue eyes, which gradually change to a yellow-gold color by eight to sixteen weeks, though sometimes their eyes can change color much later. Occasionally, a mature wolf will be found with blue eyes.
Personally, I find immense beauty in wolves' eyes regardless of their colour...

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:39 pm
by RoxasXIII
I have seen, up close, a wolf with blue eyes. I don't he is blind or have any dog in him. Here is a page about him:
http://www.wolfmountain.com/istas%202007.htm

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:40 pm
by -Outcast-
Cowgirl101 wrote:Wolves can also have blue and icy grey. icy grey is NOT blue.
Really wolves well k9s can have almost all colors. I seen a wolf wih purpleish blueish eyes if i believe right.
it was obviously photoshopped. its common knowledge that wolves cant have blue eyes, its only a thing that comes in dogs. Perhaps the wolf had dog in it from far back. its usually very hard to tell if a wolf has a small bit of dog in it.

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 pm
by Cowgirl101
Rip-Tide666 wrote:
Cowgirl101 wrote:Wolves can also have blue and icy grey. icy grey is NOT blue.
Really wolves well k9s can have almost all colors. I seen a wolf wih purpleish blueish eyes if i believe right.
it was obviously photoshopped. its common knowledge that wolves cant have blue eyes, its only a thing that comes in dogs. Perhaps the wolf had dog in it from far back. its usually very hard to tell if a wolf has a small bit of dog in it.
I saw that wolf irl btw. not the web

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:10 pm
by -Outcast-
then it probably was part dog. do you live in an area that wolves live in?

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 pm
by Cowgirl101
Rip-Tide666 wrote:then it probably was part dog. do you live in an area that wolves live in?
That personal!
I was little when I saw it like a i was 5 so many years ago but I can remember it clear as day. I live where there is wild dogs and some wolves.

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:41 pm
by -Outcast-
Cowgirl101 wrote:
Rip-Tide666 wrote:then it probably was part dog. do you live in an area that wolves live in?
That personal!
I was little when I saw it like a i was 5 so many years ago but I can remember it clear as day. I live where there is wild dogs and some wolves. Hello name cowgirl101 I live like a cowgirl so country!
i didnt mean it in a personal way :? gee... I wasnt asking like, what city or which street o_e
anyways, I had a friend who claimed to have a full-blood wolf. I never believed her, it was CLEARLY like half husky.

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 pm
by Cowgirl101
Well my bad. :roll:
My friend does not have a wolf or anything well if you not believe me you talk to my friend her user name is :Aleu254 I believe right, btw she got me into WQ!
full blooded wolf or not can have blue eyes.

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm
by -Outcast-
"Wolves are usually born with deep blue eyes which lighten and then gradually fade into the adult eye color over the next six to ten weeks. A mature Wolf's eyes are often amber/brown or gold, but also commonly come in hues of brown, gray, yellow, and green. It is interesting to note that puppies are born with blue eyes, while mature Wolves do not retain blue as an eye color. Huskies often have blue eyes, and because of this people think there must be blue eyed Wolves as well, but this isn't true. If you see a Wolf with blue eyes then he or she is likely a Wolf-hybrid and not a full-blooded Wolf."
Adult wolves cant have blue eyes, pups can.

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:56 pm
by Cowgirl101
Rip-Tide666 wrote:
"Wolves are usually born with deep blue eyes which lighten and then gradually fade into the adult eye color over the next six to ten weeks. A mature Wolf's eyes are often amber/brown or gold, but also commonly come in hues of brown, gray, yellow, and green. It is interesting to note that puppies are born with blue eyes, while mature Wolves do not retain blue as an eye color. Huskies often have blue eyes, and because of this people think there must be blue eyed Wolves as well, but this isn't true. If you see a Wolf with blue eyes then he or she is likely a Wolf-hybrid and not a full-blooded Wolf."
Adult wolves cant have blue eyes, pups can.
That makes nosense because a pup can and a wolf can't weird..

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:57 pm
by -Outcast-
I dont know why either... it seems that a lot of animals start out with blue eyes...

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 pm
by Kyla6
Rip-Tide666 wrote:I dont know why either... it seems that a lot of animals start out with blue eyes...


Yes I think that's true... even babies usually start out with blue eyes.

Re: Why blue eyes?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm
by Cowgirl101
Rip-Tide666 wrote:I dont know why either... it seems that a lot of animals start out with blue eyes...
OKay, if you don't know why, why support it?
If they can have it as pup why not as adults.